1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Your opinion on POR

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by Jesper898, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Whats your opinion on POR?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 21 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Your opinion on POR (21 votes.)

Your opinion on POR (Choose 1)
    * It sucks big time! - 14% (3)
    * Nice intro movie, horrible game - 19% (4)
    * You call POR a game? - 24% (5)
    * Motherf.......Son of a........Argh why did i buy it? - 43% (9)

2. the_eleven Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well I just started playing PoR last night thanks to Mathetais.

I must say it's not nearly as bad as people have said it is. Of course I didn't pay a dime for it, so my views may be slightly altered due to that fact. Let me make it clear though that I would have paid 10 to 20 bucks for it, but not 45 or 50 dollars.

Yes there are some issues I have with it. First off that nasty uninstall bug that it shipped with, but I really don't have to worry about that now. Secondly, not being able to scroll through the map ahead of my characters gets on my nerves, but hey I can live with that. Finally, that whole bit about needing to have my whole party next to a door, chest, or barrel in order to open it or bash it defiantly is a pain in the ass. Other than that, this game isn't so bad. I've played worse. I'll give it a 5 out of 10.

On another note, (If anybody happens to read this) I don't have a manual so I haven't been able to figure out how to change my party formation. Any help would be appreciated.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I can't even get into the f*cking thing! And I paid $110 for it too! What a rip off

4. Mister Rogue Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I must say, it wasnt such a good game, the fact that it was turn based really made the whole thing suck. It was good for about 5 minutes, then eating peanuts became more appealing than playing.

(not that I have anything against peanuts, mind)

5. TheNovak Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Bleh. I payed $20 for it, and gave up halfway through the tutorial. Worst damned interface I've ever seen, and I swear to God it took me two hours to finally get the damned thing installed to my D:bad: drive. Seriously, how did that get past quality control?

Suffice to say, within 15 minutes of *finally* installing it, I was playing Neverwinter Nights again.

6. Peleran the Bard Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] That's not really a fair poll, at least one of the awnsers should be positive. I hated the game when it ran slow on my computer, but I installed one of the updates and now it runs great. The story line is good and I like the turn based system. I'm an avid player of D&D in the D20 system and the only thing I found wrong with the game was the major things that were left out, the Bard class and many skills.
    After I got over the losses, I loved this game.

7. Chrysalia Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Pool of Radiance II is without a doubt the most evil, stupid, horrible, mind-destroying, life-force sucking game EVER invented. How the game ever made it through player testing, I will never know. Did it even undergo testing?? I have serious doubts! I made the awful awful mistake of buying this stupid game last xmas as a gift for my boyfriend and how we looked naively forward to playing it together! After a few hours we were ready to throw our computers through the window. If you play multi-player, there is NO storyline.You're simply suddenly in combat. There ar turns. You can miss your turns. You can open a door and for the other party that door is still locked. You can get stuck inside rooms while the rest of the party is is combat, never making it out until it's all over. Unless of course there is the door sync problem, in which case you're simply ****ed. Tried single player. AFter a very short while, character got stuck INSIDE a wall. I don't think I've ever before been so angry at a game. I was ready to kill someone. Preferably those idiot game producers. Can anyone point me the right way??

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Good luck. SP is one of two or three fansites the game has on the whole of Internet and I could never even get a response from anyone at Stormfront to put a link to us on the official site. Such monumental ignorance is hard to believe. Oh, and get this, the game was delayed 3 or 4 times for bug-fixing! :shake:

[ October 01, 2002, 21:23: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.