1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pre-release Toolset

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Rotku, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

The prerelease toolset is coming out today (assuming they keep to their promise), for people who have preordered the game at the right places. Anyone getting their hands on this? Going to be exciting! Unfortunately my new computer won't be getting here until the weekend, so won't be able to releave my curiousity until then.

http://www.atari.com/nwn2/presell/

2. khaavern Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yeah, I don't think so ;) They pushed it back to October 1st. Some people on the NWN boards are pretty p***d off...

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Well, when they annouced the push back for the offical release, they pushed the toolset release back 2 days. I hoped that that was all that they would push it back (hoped, unforunately not expected), but it seems, like you said, they've pushed it back 9 more days.

Oh well, gives me more time to get my new computer up and runnung :)

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  5. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hahah. That really made me laugh out loud. I think I really needed that!

6. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Apparently the devs over at Obsidian absolutely love this counter, and the Benny Hill themesong can be heard playing throughout their office.

I suppose it's good that they can have a sense of humor about this.

7. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

When will people learn that all this pre-order nonsense always results in disappointment? Games are always delayed -- at least the ones people are actually looking forward to.

8. Marceror

Media:
    True enough. And the reality is, those same people would be much more upset and vocal right now if this stuff was getting released prior to some of the important polishing/bug squashing/etc that is going on.

I'd rather wait a few extra weeks and load up a game that is polished, stable, and lives up to expectations.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  10. Rotku

Countdown has finished again. Let's see if they come through this time.

[Edit]
    Seems to be looking hopeful! FTP is up, but well over the max limit of users downloading. So excited!

[ October 01, 2006, 21:22: Message edited by: Rotku ]

11. khaavern Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

So, this is for the people who preordered, huh?

12. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yes. There's a lot of good screenshots being posted. I don't feel left out as I assume you can't actually play or play-test anything with this pre-order toolset as it lacks the actual game, right? So the folks who got it can just mess around with building things and that's it.

13. Rotku

Yeah, that's more or less right. Good for Persistent Worlds and the likes though, to get a head start. Only about 25mb left to download!

14. Halasz Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

If anyone has downloaded it...how does it look? Good? Or are you sworn to secrecy? :p ;)

15. Rotku

It's brilliant!

Takes a lot of getting use to, though. But the work certainly pays off. I haven't had much time to play with it yet, so haven't really been able to get the hang of it, but below are some screenshots from it, if you're interesting. Just people in the communities work, most from A Land Far Away.

And if you're still hungry for more, there was a competition held amoungst the Beta Testers. Here is a list of winners (think Chev might have posted this in the News already).

[ October 12, 2006, 05:51: Message edited by: Rotku ]

16. Halasz Gems: 7/31

Thanks Rotku :)

And some question about the toolset...if you don't mind,

Is there an automatic fill for trees & foilage?

I've heard that there is a spell maker included into the toolset, have they followed through with this?

Thanks

17. Rotku

Not sure about the spellmaker, sorry. I would guess not, as that would involve editting some of the core scripts (although I do believe there may be a 2da editor included).

With the trees and foilage, in the vinilla toolset there isn't (although I haven't actaully tried seeding trees in yet, so may be wrong).. But they're included the great ability to make Plugins for the Toolset, which there are a few Tree generators in currently and I'm sure there will be more to come!

18. Halasz Gems: 7/31

Thnx again lol :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.