1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Prestige Classes-The Worst and The Best

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by nuno, Feb 27, 2004.

1. nuno Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I am starting again HotU and i would like to know what are the best pretige classes and the worst to take

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It all depends on what "best" means to you. I don't like Spellcasters, so for me the best is the Weapons Master. A Monk/Shadowdancer is a close second.

The worst, IMO, is the Harper Scout, followed closely by the Pale Master. Spellcasting or not - they both suck.

3. nuno Gems: 1/31

I dont like spellcasters either .
    but what do you think about the arcane archer?
    it may be one of the best PrC if the character you play has an high dexterety like an rogue or maybe it should be an ranger/rogue/arcane archer

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Shadowdancers are the kings/queens of cheese. A nice shadowdancer 1/rogue-assassin X build does ungodly sneak attack damage.

I also like rapier or scimtar wielding weapons masters. Critical hits from 10 and up on attack rolls and save vs death on criticals makes for some unholy carnage.

A fighter 10/dwarven defender X with maxed constitution, toughness, some levels of epic toughness and all three epic damage resistances is the king of tanks. Sure you will miss out of the potential for instant kill criticals but being virtually immune to damage and having 1000 HP more than makes up for it.

I also like a druid 9/monk 1/shifter X. The epic forms are powerful not to mention fun to play as for a change. Some people question whether or not you should pump wisdom to 30 to get epic dragon form but (a) I kind of enjoyed turning my character into a dragon and (b) with the monk level this is not a real hardship as it also boosts your AC for all of your shifted forms.

The harper scout is definitely the least of the prestige classes followed in my opinion by the pale master. I have heard some people say good things about a monk/pale master and I suppose I shouldn't knock it until I try it but it seems fairly lame to me.

Edit:

I once created a very deadly bard/arcane archer/shadowdancer mix but I quickly gave it up as it was just too cheesy for me. Using archery as a shadow dancer is like shooting ducks in a barrel.

5. nuno Gems: 1/31

But shadowdancers are too sneaky for me to like them .i would like more an open combat fighter like an red dragon disciple/ sorcerer/arcane archer . do you think thats possible?

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I would probably go with a bard/RDD/arcane archer but the class should work either way. The problem I have with the mix would be that you really have to pump a lot of levels into arcane archer before it is worth it. In HoTU you can get bows that generate unlimited +5 arrows so the arcane archer's ability to enhance arrows is somewhat nerfed.

On the other hand, bows with the mighty property are readily available so the RDD strength bonus wouldn't be wasted.

7. nuno Gems: 1/31

what do you think it´s the best class rogue or bard ?well bard can cast spells but the rogue can hide .who is the best
    one my question

8. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Head to head I would take a Rogue over a Bard...but the most powerful melee character in the game IMO is the Fighter/Bard/RDD...totally awesome beast.

9. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, the Bard can hide too, he just doesn't get backstab damage, but Hide and Move Silently are also class skills for the Bard.

10. nuno Gems: 1/31

yes but the rogue is the class you know that is the best one in hiding himself .a fighter or sorcerer can hide too but the rogue is the best hider.and what about an dwarven defender/rdd/sorcere that would be an awesome beast too

11. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Rogue isn't the best hider, every class that has Hide and Move Silently is as good as a Rogue at hiding. The only difference is that, except for the Assassin (and maybe the Blackguard), nobody else gets really an advantage of using it.

12. nuno Gems: 1/31

you know what i mean the rogue is one of the few classes that get any kind of advantege by taking the hide and move silently skill

13. Mert Gems: 1/31

ı think red dradon/sorcerer is the best
    because good spellcaster and fighter

14. fyernine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I've got me a mage /weapon master and I love playing him. Kind of similar to the old fighter mage multiclass from 2 ed rules.
    He kicks ass in every fight. I like to do the old mage dualling, zinging off the dispels and spell breaches when I'm up against a high level mage. But I also like being able to take down fighters - with a little magic help of course, ethereal visage, elemental shield not only have great flame graphics but also bite those buggers when they think they're on top.

15. Chim Gems: 1/31

What about good good characters for multiplayer? Would a fighter (to whatever level)/Weaponsmaster X work? I've heard that spellcasters are at a major disadvantage in MP because custom items make most spells kind of useless. Any thoughts?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.