1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problems installing!

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by olimikrig, Sep 4, 2005.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I dunno what the heck the problem is, but whenever try to install this game it says that I don't have enough disc space when clicking next after selecting the type of installation I wish to make. I've tried selecting each of the three different installation types, but the same msg appears. I run my comp with three partions on one drive, and uses my E: drive for PC games. Could this be wherein the problem lies? I borrowed the game from a friend, could the problem be some sort of corrupted file on the disc (It doesn't seem to have been severely damaged). I have more than enough disc space (~30gb on E:], and approximately 1.3 gb of free space on the C: partion, so I can't see the problem should lie in not being enough space for some sort of SWAP file or whatever it's called. I'm quite helpless since I'm the type ho only wish to click the icon and see everything work properly, otherwise I'm quite lost :confused: .

2. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Did you try to install it on C: ?

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @kmonster: Honestly no. And I would prefer not to. I use my C drive only for system files to keep winXP running as smooth as possible. However if thats my only solution, then I guess it's worth giving a try :)

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Err... the uninstall bug will wipe your hard drive if you install the game anywhere else but C: (and don't patch the game) and attempt to uninstall it... You DO know about this?

5. olimikrig

Media:
    Nope. I now nothing about PoR. As I said I just borrowed it, have never played it before, and haven't read much about it either.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You should dig a bit into this forum, this has been discussed many, many times... If you do intend to play it, make sure to install all 4 patches before you even try.

7. olimikrig

Media:
    roger that :thumb:

It would also seem that I may have to re-install windows, and make my system drive (C) on a somewhat larger partition. Though I might have space for PoR I like to have at least 700mb of free space for my temp folders.

8. hedron Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

could set your temp folder on your other drive?

set TEMP=E:bad:TEMP
    set TMP=E:bad:TEMP

or...

control panel>system>advanced tab>Environmental Values>edit ... select one at a time and set them on your E drive or where-ever

9. olimikrig

Media:
    Okay... But then I would have to uninstall PoR manually, and erasing the appropriate reg keys when I no longer wish it on my comp?, if I do not wish to see my entire hard drive be deleted, ne?

10. Taluntain

Media:
    Just install the patch on SP that mentions fixing the uninstaller.

11. olimikrig

Media:
    @ Hedron: didn't work :(
    Guess I won't be playing PoR anytime soon then, don't want to formate my harddrive in order to make a bigger C: partion. Guess I'll try out torment instead (Heard only good things 'bout that game).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.