1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Problems with the shifter paw

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If I un-equip the paw it wont let me re-equip it again. I tried both normal and greater werewolf. I've tried both male/female, dif races (human, elf, half-elf), I've tried different weapons in the other hands. Can't seem to figure it out. Anyone else ever have this problem and know what to do? If I load the game I can re-equip the paw if that makes any sense??

--

Apparently I DIDN'T try hands/weapons enough. It seems fine if I use the paw in my main hand but causes these problems if I equip it in my off hand. Also if I do use it in my off hand (wont be now) and it starts acting this way I can't re-equip the paw in any weapon slot???

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2016
  2. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    AFAIK, you shouldn't even be able to unequip the paw while shapeshifted in the first place.
    I do know that it was possible in the past by getting hit with a dispel magic while shifted, allowing you to equip weapons instead and gain their damage and to hit, but this was for all intents and purposes a bug.

I just tested this by making a new shapeshifter druid in bg2 - the paws are not an intractable item for me, they don't even show up in the quick slots when i open up the inventory.
    the fact that you can interact and unequipped them is probably a bug introduced by a mod.
    The easiest solution would be to simply never unequip them.

3. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    There's an option in the tweaks that allows you to have the druid use "paws" as interchangeable weapons. It makes the shifter a lot more useful. You can equip or un-equip the paws with other weapons whenever you want without worrying about using the change ability a number of times per day.
    Def going to try and not un-equip the paw :)

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    This is clearly a mod bug. You should direct your issues at the mod creators.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.