1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ProudButBoredMommy added a new photo.

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Master of Nuhn, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This is my first ever blog in English. It's tricky, since many things don't translate well from Dutch. If you have suggestions, let me know.

I can’t go along with it. I don’t follow the mood. The enthusiasm with which some young mothers put the cute faces of their children on pictures, is not shared by me. But it is shared with me.

Consequently, and much to my dismay, I repeatedly had to face up to how an oh so droll toddler just couldn’t succeed last week at wolfing down a bucket of sludge without scooping his face full with spinach. Or was it her face? His, her… it’s hard to see the difference, even more so when all sorts of nourishment seem to be used for external use only.

That’s mainly due to the parents. They blow up the incompetence of still motorically impaired, flabby little arms. During the cold months, especially mothers seems to obtain a warm, fuzzy feeling when day can shove their flesh become hormones to the table. What they did earlier to their make-up dolls, they can now finally do to living matter. Turns out babies don’t come from cabbages, but are put straight into them!

But it doesn’t stop there with spinach and cabbage alone. On the third day we stumble upon a picture of a carrotty pulp with eyelashes. Because carrots are not green, but orange. An entirely different situation, obviously, that needs to be shared with the outside world immediately.
    The week of neuroses and creative breakdowns is blithely continued: a blob of rhubarb with nostrils, followed by toothless little jaws in banana yoghurt and the ever-present chocolate snout with tonsils and neck fat.

By that time, I kinda had it with the madly daring adventures of this audacious parent. Annoyed, while gnashing my teeth, I mash my kidney beans and baby bell peppers into a goo that no longer reminds me of anything containing estrogen or baby cramps.

I should count myself lucky I didn’t get to see all the substances that actually made it past the uvula, but between gullet and sphincter had not been recognized as contributing matter. Happy, that I didn’t get a notification on the social media that ProudButBoredMommy84 added a new photo of a screeching, purple poopmachine that crapped the space between its shoulder-blades. She’d even add something awkwardly informative like: “Oops! Teehee! Looks like AttentionAccessory012 can’t digest potato salad yet. Lolzz!!!1 #Tomorrowwhitebeans.”

It’s part of being a mom, I suppose, all those funny pictures. But if I really want to see a sparse variety of fodder with body parts every damn day, I’ll just buy a friggin’ Mr. Potatohead!

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LOL! Awesome. So what does this pertain to since I'm not one of those social media mavens? You get notifications from a friend that there are new baby pictures to see?

Re: Coming from cabbages vs. consuming cabbages: You are what you eat, right? :)

3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :lol: If I am what I eat, I'd probably purrrrr. :p

You get notifications (depending on your settings) when friends upload photo's, saying something along the lines of "Blackthorne added a new photo"

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lol, just so you know I always wiped my kids faces when they were babies so I doubt there would be any food-face pics floating around of them. (Except for the one of my oldest where he was wearing a wig and had frenchfries for tusks.) I'll be sure to post that on my page so you can see a copy :p.

I have to agree with you though. Any wall that has too much of something starts to get a little mind numbing after a while. Constant baby/cat/feeling-sorry-for-themselves memes will drive a person nuts.

Nice work Mon, looking forward to more.

5. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Meh - I can't be bothered to read this. ;)

6. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Oh man. That was hilarious!

7. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Thanks folks! :)

I should say, though, that I don't hate kids, nor do I mind seeing such a picture every now and then. Some people just post pictures of their kid alone. And in this case, 5 nearly the same in one week. That's dreadful.

Feel free to PM me if you find something that's not correct English or any other critique or tips. I'm here to learn, after all, and feedback is needed!

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    MoN, that was fantastic! Along with MUG, I always forget to look at blogs, but saw the posts in RB and decided to check it out.

And yeah, I agree with you completely. Of course, part of that might be due to me not having kids, but still...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.