1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

PS T: Editing Effects RGB on DLTCEP

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by anonking22, Sep 1, 2010.

1. anonking22 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone can help me emulate graphic effects (colors, stun indicators..) whenever a debuff is triggered vs an enemy like hold, petrify or poison. Just like in BG Dark Alliance whenever a cold weapon strikes an enemy, it changes the enemies colors to blue plus the effect.

I'm using DLTCEP for Planescape and can't seem to figure out how to trigger graphic effects in conjunction with debuffing effects like -THAC0 or plus AC penalties against enemy target

Thanks,

2. Solaufein Gems: 1/31

Something like Character Colorization with a Timing Mode set to X amount of time set to Pre Target. I'm looking at IEEP, DLTCEP should be the same way in the item headers.

3. anonking22 Gems: 1/31

Oh Thank the powers, a response at last!

Soulafein do you mean a delayed duration time? I was thinking maybe Trigger in the timing mode list in DLTCEP, but it doesn't set any parameters just N/A Weird.

I actually found out that Haste/Slow effect opcodes don't work in Planescape, but curiously an animated bam file show Haste graphics like the Horror Head spell. Anyway, What I did was clone a spell using Save-as, removed screen effects, put speed to 1 and added graphics RGB, BAM, stats of my-choosing and then used the Cast Spell at Target opcode on an item's extended header effect vs a target.

So whenever my character uses a modded weapon with an automated cast spell at target script. It triggers the graphic effects with the BAM, but the problem is, my character does a spell cast animation instead of hacking with the axe, so he wastes a few seconds doing that gesture instead of attacking the enemy and the effect kind of working by itself

Is there anyway to get rid of the spell-cast animation and put in an attacking animation? or is it hard-codedly impossible

4. Solaufein Gems: 1/31

Duration is probably the same as Timing. I don't really use DLTCEP so its wording may be different than what is found in IEEP which is my tool of choice with items. Maybe change their color for 10 seconds unless you want it to be a permanent.

I don't believe you can do anything with the animations. If a character is suppose to cast a spell, the game will default it cast it a spell and not attack. Good old hard coded stuff.

5. anonking22 Gems: 1/31

Is IEEP in your opinion, much more user-friendly than DLTCEP or about the same?

6. Solaufein Gems: 1/31

IEEP is good for the beginner. Its what I've been using since it first came out and never saw any reason to use anything else. DLTCEP would be the next tool up for those who know a thing or two and Near Infinity for creating items would be for the advanced user.

7. anonking22 Gems: 1/31

Anyway to edit Planescape Projectile files at all? Is it possible to create your own projectile then copy it in the override folder then use the editor to put in your projectile to the spell? Can it be done on IEEP?

8. Solaufein Gems: 1/31

I really don't know much about PST modding, I'm more BG and IWD series of a modder, but this tool is suppose to edit projectile files.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.