1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread CXVIII

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I just noticed the former thread was called "post" in its title. Have we been living under that lie all this time?!?

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Beren uses post, I use thread. I think Splunge commented in one of these about how post didn't make much sense and I edited that one to say thread and have stuck with it since.

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Damn, after all these years will I never get a first post on a new thread?

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    We started a new hockey-club a few months ago. Until now it has been practising and playing a few friendly's.

A week from now it starts. A mess up has postponed the training of referee's by a month, starting this week.

By me. Not one evening of free-time left.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Universitas incipiat sequenti die martis. -- yeah let's not do this, my Latin is quite rusty.

dmc likes this.
  7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I feel a bit $#!tty today. I'm sure I have many talents, but somehow they won't come out. I want to know which ones really stand out so I can make them grow. I guess it would be wise to do some tests and perhaps consult and agency, but now I wonder how I can separate the charlatans and the cr@p from the pro's and ambrosia.

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    OK

Esyay. I oughtthay atthay, ecausebay each eadthray ontainedcay ~1000 ostspay, "eadthray" ademay oremay ensesay.

Anyway, ustjay ackbay omfray 2 eeksway acationvay. Aren't ouyay adglay?

9. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    No better judge than yourself, MoN, as long as you're honest. :)

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  10. dmc

Media:
    Trust Splunge to use Pig Latin. :p

If the shoe fits . . .

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What does the moon or wet timber have to do with coming back from a vacation?

12. Ofelix

Media:
    I have my first class this afternoon, having a reason to wake up in the morning will do some good. I still can't believe I spent my whole summer looking for a part time job without finding one. You'd think 4 months would be enough time ? It's hard not to take it personally honestly. Anyway I didn't came here to whine, I'm actually in a good mood. Uni starts again, and well, yeah, that's pretty much what's going on with ye olde Flix.

13. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Yeah! I keep telling myself it's nothing personal. And it isn't. Surely not when there are 300 others applying to the same job.

14. Ofelix

Media:
    Yeah but in my case there's a mitigating factor; I've been mostly applying to par time entry level clerk jobs, retail, or stuff like that. I haven't finished uni yet, so it's not like my I've failed in my career or anything. Still though, it's not fun, summer's been loooooooooooooooong.

POST SCRIPTUM (because I don't want to double post): Has anyone successfully run Icewind Dale I (I have the IWD + Heart of Winter Compilation) under Windows 7 ? I guess I could virtualize win XP, but it seems overkill just for one game.

POST POST SCRIPTUM: Yeeeah I've got an interview on Monday. It's a part time job (week ends only) in a car rental company right here in my hometown. It's an office job, in charge of the car inventory, meaning I'd have to enter in the system which cars are rented to whom and which ones are still on the floor. Easy enough, it wouldn't be enough money to get my own appartment (at least not part time) but still, I'd have some income to pay off my credit card debt.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  15. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The beta test of the UPC Horizonsettopbox for cable TV users in the Netherlands is over.

We received several updates(dozens) and a new remote control. You only need to pair it with your box. So get out your manual. (real men do not need the *manual)

And place it back after you realise how useless it is. you go to your computer, google the problem and learn the right, fast and easy way to do it.

16. Merlanni

Media:
    Safety right from kickoff.

Never seen it before.

17. Ofelix

Media:
    I'm so weak-willed, I'm trying to read this paper for one of my class but I keep getting distracted by facebook, twitter and, well this place. I wish my computer was sentient and told me "Dude, I'm not gonna load facebook untill you finish your paper you lazy assholoe"

meh... the worst part is the paper is actually fascinating and so is the class.

PS: If you're wondering the paper is: Ellis C., Nick, Emergentism, Connectionism and Language Learning, Language Learning 48:4, December 1998, pp. 631–664

18. Merlanni

Media:
    Just relax, clear the area and take 20.

19. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Flix! Print out that paper, turn off your PC, disable the notifications on your smartphone and finish that paper. Now! Or I'm gonna tell on you.

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You guys are so random.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.