1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random music thread

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Jack Funk, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That was cool Mon. I didn't understand the words but I watched the whole video because it was cool and the music was catchy.

I wanted to post this video because the title is October and this song haunts me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Says it's not available in my country.

3. Dice

Media:
    It says it's not available in the States? Lol that's a change. Usually I can't watch stuff because its only available in the States :p. You could still look up the song dmc - its fairly recent, made within the last few years. There is something appealing about the vocals and the music that makes it kind of haunting and kind of powerful and a little sad.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I love Spotify.

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It reminds me somewhat of Osdorp Posse, but a bit more modern and quite a bit milder (but that's not that hard).

6. Dice

Media:

I heard this song on the radio for the first time today. I had to turn the radio up really loud and feel it.

7. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    It is said that on the night before All Hallows Day, Death himself comes out to the graveyard and plays his fiddle, and the dead rise and dance for him until the break of dawn.

Camille Saint-Saëns: Dance Macabre

Happy Halloween everyone!

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not sure what the best song ever from the Netherlands is, but this one is probably close. I don't even listen to metal all that much. And I think I heard Quagmire at 2m37.

Also, when I first heard that my namesake played the German/Cross flute, I wasn't all that impressed. But I didn't know Focus when I was 7...

MrMermaid likes this.
  10. Montresor

Media:
    Iggy Pop - Candy

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's a bit chilly, but it's also cloudless. Sunshine in abundance, and it's starting to feel like spring. Bakermat feels like an appropriate artist to listen to right now. :)
    (Skip the first minute of each track if you don't feel like listening to the mix-in beat)

Leven (Life)

Strandfeest (Beach party)

12. Montresor

Media:
    It was 50 years ago today, that The Beatles released their first album, Please Please Me:

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  13. WurstBane

WurstBane Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Pure awesomeness!

MrMermaid and Master of Nuhn like this.
  14. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    That was neat! How come I never heard of that before?! :thumb:

Couldn't sleep last night. I had been listening to Ska all day long (just like my "brutha-from-anutha-mutha" DR, apparently) and there were all kinds of bands echoing in my head: Madness, Streetlight Manifesto, Aggrolites, Skatalites and Doe Maar. That last one is a Dutch Ska/Reggae/Nederpop (Netherlands' Pop) Band from the early 80s.

15. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

Congratulations, MoN, you've made a new Focus convert! I loved that song. :)

Here's my latest favourite find music-wise: full on progressive rock with plenty of metally and poppy influences, and complete and utter fun to listen to. The main songwriter, Jem Godfrey, is also well known for writing such "classics" as Whole Again for Atomic Kitten and That's My Goal for Shayne Ward--but don't let that put you off trying Frost*; his life-long love has always been prog, and he simply brings to the band a fantastic ear and brain for catchy, complex songwriting and expert mixing/production.

P.S. If you prefer singing to instrumentals, persevere past the first track as it is entirely instrumental (and nonetheless really great stuff, at that).

16. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    :D I still think Jan Akkerman is the best guitar player from Holland.

Edit: Removed some non-music related stuff to place it in Whatnots' Gigantic Video Thread.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  17. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Something Good Coming -- Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers

18. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Bob Dylan -- Cold Irons Bound

A little different version than appears on Time Out Of Mind, but nevertheless a great jam.

19. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Random music indeed...this is actually my band:

20. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Led Zeppelin -- No Quarter

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.