1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Sports Babbling Post 2

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Jul 20, 2006.

1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Sports Spam ... hmm ... Nicole Vaidisova looks good in a skirt.

Does that qualify? [Not even close - dmc]

[ July 20, 2006, 22:29: Message edited by: dmc ]

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

The Sox swept the worst team in baseball... by scores of 5-4, 1-0, and 1-0. The scores should have been 10-4, 8-0, 9-0, they have the worst pitching in the game!!

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

JSBB: You are right about McCabe, but I am glad he's there. the problem with that signing, and Kubina for that matter was that the Leafs had a ton of Cap space and the agent's in question knew that. Had the leafs left McCabe to his own devices and ignored Raycroft, Gerber and Carter would have been more expensive because there was money and cap space...

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

All Blacks v Springboks tomorrow night. Go the All Blacks.

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    What a crazy Tour de France this year! For the past seven years the strategy has been easy for all the teams - try to stop Armstrong. Now that he's retired, and the main contenders were removed by the doping scandal or accident, no one is coming forward to slaim the role of Boss.

Some amazing riding by Landis, though - from being 1st by 10 seconds, to 11th by 8'08", to 3rd by 30" - all in the space of three days!

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

It was nice to see the Jay's bounce back and beat the Yankees last night - they desperately need to win at least three of the four games in this series.

I am still :rolleyes: about Shea Hillenbrand's little tirade - talk about your spoiled primadonna athletes. Goodbye and good ridance is all I have to say.

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Did they trade him? I know he and Gibbons don' like each other much, but is he gone?

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Hillenbrand has been "designated for assignment" which means that he is off the team and sitting in limbo for the time being. They have 10 days to trade him or assign him to one of their farm teams - if not he will be automatically released from his contract.

10. Gnarfflinger

Good riddance to this guy. He doesn't like it with the team, they're better off without them...

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Only three hours to kick off. Wonder how the 'Boks will spring back from last week's mauling by the Wallabies.

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Next week, my hometown is hosting the summer ice fishing championships once again. Got to love this town, on occasion :D

13. Harbourboy

Good win by the All Blacks but at least the Springboks were vastly improved from last week. Go Dan Carter!

14. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Bog Snorkling pwns

15. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Hmm, the Jays managed to take three of four against the Yankees and Boston lost two games over the week-end. It looks like the Jays are serious about keeping this a three team race.

I was kind of hoping that they would get a little more for Hillenbrand but given the circumstances I suppose they were lucky to get anyone for him.

16. Gnarfflinger

I think the idea was to get rid of the distraction asap. Would the blow to the team's assets be any different if Hillenbrand was injured and out for the season? The fact that they got anything was better than just telling him not to let the door hit him on the way out...

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Quite frankly I just don't see Accardo as being all that much of an upgrade over Chulk. Getting Chulk and Hillenbrand for Accardo is really a steal for the Giants. If the trade was Hillenbrand for Accardo that would still have been a good deal for the Giants if the Jays didn't have to worry about fire sale conditions on Hillenbrand.

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    What the heck is bog snorking? Please donöt tell me it is exactly what it appears to be :p

19. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Are you thinking the same I am, Pinky?
    Well, looks like it is exactly what it appears to be. :grin:

I saw it already in Eurosports news ;)

Nice Tour de France finish. Good one on Landis, the last 3 days he was awesome. Finaly some competition and since Indurain, the Tour wasn't decided until the last stage. Great tour.

20. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, well, England have just played their best cricket since the Ashes 16 months ago. We were very good today and that's without Freddy.
    Harmison took 6 for 19 and Panesar was his perfecrt foil today and chipped in with 3 wickets. Let's hope we keep it up and don't let another winning situation slip away from us...

But yeah I'm very happy, it was echo's of England 2-3 years ago today. Who are we? Barmy Army! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.