1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rayic Gethras

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Kevin14, Nov 18, 2001.

1. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Wow. Is this the "greatest" example of thread Necromancy ever? Nine years between post #16 and post #17?!

Anyhoo, back on topic, I usually just purchase a bunch of normal, unenchanted weapons before fighting him. Since his "Invincibility" is just PFMW, unenchanted stuff can hit & hurt him. The trick is getting through his Stoneskin in time to interrupt his spells. Minsc's Berserk (or Korgan's, if you're evil) gives immunity to fear; just make sure that the rest of your party are out of the blast radius of the symbol before sending them in. That usually gives you enough time to get in & disrupt his blasting spells, especially if you back it up with other buffs (e.g. Haste).

2. IceIceBaby Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

If you don't mind a bit of 'cheese' early in the game, you can always 'fake talk' him, whilst your party attacks him.

I.e. Click to speak to him as soon as you enter his floor (he won't be hostile yet), and then use your party to attack, wait 5 seconds, re-click him. Very cheesy, and a blatant abuse of the infinity engine.

3. Flea2 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

A bit old, but I thought I might chip in for the lurkers that if you don't want Edwin in your party, you could just kill Edwin and grab the key from his corpse and open the strongbox from the second floor instead of running around doing being his lackey. Remember to get the evidence to Renal bloodscalp before killing Mae'var though.

You do not really need breach to kill rayic gethras. In a full party, just get everyone to wield normal weapons and attack him since he usually cast protection from magical weapons and missles. If you're a berserker or barbarian, cast rage/enrage to be immune against fear, stun etc.

Really though, a solo barbarian/berserker can kill him. (Albeit maybe a few reloads from his instant-death spells)

4. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

A huge necro spell from me.

When I receive Edwin quest to kill Rayic, NPCs start turning red on seeing me or my party. Rylock too, turn hostile, after I finish killing Rayic, which drives Jaheira to leave party and turn hostile.

What the heck?

I install BG2 (not EE), fix pack, and Sword Coast Stratagems

EDIT: That save was when I use SK to change PC appearance to Bodhi. In case THAT cause trouble, I SK pc to Ellesime. Still no use. And I doubt appearance cause that anyway.

Anyone know why?

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  5. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Is this thread going to rise every nine years?
    I believe you have to initiate a dialog with Rayic so he turns red before attacking, otherwise it is the same as killing any other non-hostile NPC in the city.

6. Laclongquan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

No no, what I mean is:

The other NPCs in the docks map are fine. Only a few generic npc in the square (harperhold x rayic) and ikert is hostile toward my party. Rylock is also fine.

When I get in the house, 1st floor is hostile mephits. 2nd floor is 2 hostile golems. Third floor Rayic initiate dialog before turning red and unlease th scripted spells.

After I kill Rayic, Rylock turn red on seeing us (invi party wont red him). which lead to Jaheira's mess.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.