1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Retiring from the family-friendly side of SP

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Disciple of The Watch, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I am going to start this with a message to "those people" who complained. I am throwing you people an open invitation to step up to the plate and tell me they have a problem with me to my face. I am someone who is ALL ABOUT RESPECT, and if someone has big enough balls to stand up to me, then they've EARNED MY RESPECT.

That being said, I'll get straight to the point -- effective now, I will no longer be posting on the family-friendly side of SP. No more RBP, no more Sorcerous Sundries, nothing.

Those will be my final words in the family-friendly side of SP. To all my friends, and to those who can stomach and appreciate who I am and what I say, I'll see you on the Rated-R side, since it's the only environment I thrive in.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Feel free to change your mind, because I think you're overreacting, seriously. There's much more to you than just violent outbursts, so I'd hate to see you sequester yourself and to lose all your other contributions to the debates here. There's got to be some middle road that you'd be comfortable with as well.

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Tal's right Dotty. Don't be such a girl :p

4. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Wait, we had a family unfriendly side to SP? I thought there's only the side with what we want the kids to know, and the one with what the kids want to know ;) .

Well, I won't pretend to know what this is all about, but I'm hoping we can still see you around, DotW.

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I get your reaction DotW as I'm prone to overreacting myself and I don't handle criticism that well either.

To be honest, a few years back I used to find you really irritating (to put it mildly) and I really didn't care. You've very good at putting off people and it works very well with the ones who don't care enough to look behind the attitude to find a real person.

I'm not saying that you should go all the way and end up like this but, like Tal said, you've got things to bring to the community and it'd be a shame if you stopped posting.

That being said I understand your reasons but I do hope that at least you'll stick around for some more Saerileth bashing fun. Thinking of new ways to take care of her should lift your spirits.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I can't see that happening, since I doubt anyone would want to fly to Quebec just for that reason.

I feel a song coming on:

When danger reared it's ugly head,
    He bravely turned his tail and fled.
    Yes, brave Disciple turned about
    And gallantly he chickened out.

:p

Ragusa likes this.
  7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm retiring from the serious side of SP....

At least until someone says something I disagree with in the alleys. Then I may come out of retirement one post at a time, but for the most part I intend to take nothing seriously.

By the way, Dotty's an awesome name ... to be named after the most famous boobs in show business ... damn, that probably belonged in the MUG.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Resuming posting? Not until every single person who complained about me steps up and discusses the problem they have with me one on one. I'm not even pissed off, I just want the truth. I want to put names and faces on "those people", and I don't think it's too much to ask.

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I guess that wasn't a promise...

:p

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Of course it's unreasonable. For those people your self-imposed exile is exactly what they want. You're a self-admitted violent ******* who brags about his strikes of vengence (both verbal and physical) -- who in their right mind is going to "step up"?

Edit: ... and then there's Splunge....

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Since MUG was set up several people decided it was approval of more adult conversation within the normal threads on SP. Several people are guilty of it. While I am not one of the people who complained I can understand the annoyance of it. I enjoy reading SP but when people are making it obvious that they're derailing a conversation in an adult manner, or baiting others to make rude comments outside of MUG, it gets tiresome.

For the record, DotW, I don't think you were the worst offender even if you did get a bit lax about content, if I had something to say to you about it you know I'd message you directly.

Both you and Kit are more obvious though, you're both more outspoken about your situations and are blunt in your manner of speech (typing for those pedants out there ;))

If people complained anonymously, they're probably not going to own up to it, the people who have problems with different community members tend to just avoid them or make it clear how they feel. I hope you do start posting more, I enjoy reading how your day has been even if the summary is a little bloodthirsty :p I'll just be reading those ones in MUG instead I guess ;)

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] 8people has nailed it down. It wasn't just Kitrax or DoTW... we'll be making sure that all MUG-suitable posts are posted only there from now on. This has nothing to do with any specific members but with the tone of the boards in general that we'd like to keep suitable for non-adults as well. Since I've made a separate area of the boards just so that the adults could converse freely there, I don't think that it's too much to ask for it to actually be used without bringing the discussions from it back into the public boards.

As for "owning up" and all that... ALL user reports, either directly to any of the mods or via the Report Post button are 100% confidential. This is and always has been the case. It's stated plainly in our rules as well. People have a hard time using this feature as it is (even though it helps us mods and often saves us time) without having to be concerned about getting into conflicts with the users that they're reporting. It's the mods who ultimately decide what flies and what doesn't, not the users, so user reports only mean that the mods will CONSIDER the reports and check whether they're in line with our rules and policies - the reports do not guarantee any sanction whatsoever. User reports only help us do our jobs more efficiently.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hey! WTF?!?!? :flaming:

Since when is it cool to start publicly labling people? That's very irritating to me, almost to the point of offending me. Almost. -.-

While everyone is contemplating the term 'family friendly'....how about taking the word 'tact' into consideration?

FFS people!
    /me walks off grumbling

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Damn, I come back from a break of SP due to work and I have to see DotW leave? Well, like I said, I'm sad to see you go, but hit me up when you're in the Boston area man.

15. T2Bruno

Media:
    Kinda late to the party there Kit....

16. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Dude, do not stop posting. Reading your posts is one the things that cracks me up and keeps me sane. Your personality makes for great variety here on SP and variety is what keeps me coming back. Eff the nay-sayers, their not worth 2 seconds of your time.

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah, well...I usually don't bother with the SS forum unless a thread catches my eye on the main BoM page. I probably wouldn't have noticed it either were it not for some of my friends here on SP who alerted me about it....

You know, in the past 8 years I've been here, there have been a few member fallouts like this one, and it's always sad to see a valued member go...but what makes this time different is that I'm getting pulled in to the whole mess.

Am I going to leave and never return? Probably not...however, I don't think I'll be shelling out any more $$$ to support this site or any future members in need (unless it's someone I really like).

18. Taluntain

Media:
    And you don't think you're overreacting here? All this indignation simply because your name was mentioned in the discussion? Honestly, there is no "mess" here unless you want to make it into one. I realize that we've been moderating very lightly for the last few years simply because there was very little need for anything more than that and that putting my foot down now is a bit of a shock, but it's hardly the end of the world. If you want to discuss anything with me concerning this matter or if you think I'm missing something, please feel free to PM me about it. Right now, I really don't understand what's got you so upset.

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What's MUG?

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The Mature Users Group, was opened after a couple of years of deliberation and varying interest. In the Social Groups section

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.