1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Riddles in Spellhold

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Izaad, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Izaad Guest

[​IMG] Can anybody transcribe the riddles for me, please? Preferrably with the choices as well. I got past them quite easily, but thinking back, some of the riddles were quite clever. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If possible, be exact in the wording. Thanks

2. ArchAngel Guest

Don't thank me, Thank Sylvus http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough/shold.php

Now you have a copy/paste version. for multiple choice answers to each question you can always reload a previous savegame or use the CLUAConsole area AR1511

how to activate the CluaConsole: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/cheats.php
    --------------------------------------

Face One

"I can have no color, though there may be darkness within. I have no weight and hold nothing, and if placed in a container it becomes lighter."

Answer: Hole

Face Two

"Of all your possessions, I am the hardest to guard. If you have me, you will want to share me. If you share me, you no longer have me."

Answer: Secret

Face Three

"Alive as you but without breath, as cold in my life as in my death; never a thirst though. I always drink dressed in a mail but never a cling."

Answer: Fish

Face Four

"I am free for the taking through all of your life, though given but once at birth. I am less than nothing in weight, but will fell the strongest of you if held."

Answer: Breath

Face Five

"I have holes throughout, from back to front and top to bottom to core. More nothing than something within, and yet I still hold water."

Answer: A Sponge

Face Six

"They flow and leap, but only as you pass. Dress yourself in darkest black, and they are darker still. Always they flee in the light, though without the sun there would be none."

Answer: Shadows

Face Seven

"They come to witness the night without being called, a sailor's guide and a poet's tears. They are lost to sight each day without the hand of a thief."

Answer: Stars

Face Eight

"The more that there is, the less that you see. Squint all you wish when surrounded by me."

Answer: Darkness

Face Nine

"The life I lead is mere hours or less, I serve all my time by being consumed. I am quickest when thin, slowest when fat, and wind is the bane of the gift that I bring."

Answer: A Candle

Face Ten

"The man who invented it, doesn't want it for himself. The man who bought it, doesn't need it for himself. The man who needs it, doesn't know when he needs it."

Answer: A Coffin

Face Eleven

"A spirited jig it dances bright, banishing all but darkest night. Give it food and it will live, give it water and it will die."

Answer: Fire

Face Twelve

"Lighter than what I am made of, more of me is hidden than is seen, I am the bane of the mariner, a tooth within the sea. Speak my name."

Answer: Ice

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2017
  3. Izaad Guest

thanks, i guess I dont need the other choices, but i never thought to look in the tutorial, good call

4. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Isnt that Spellhold and not Irenicus' Dungeon?

5. ArchAngel Guest

Sure, or even "Bodhi's Prison". But what the heck. :heh:

Edit; Why does it matter at all? Izaad got what he wanted; didn't he?
    It Could be "Bodhi's Beauty Box of Brave Beasts" for all we care.

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited April 07, 2002).]

6. C'Jakob Guest

Perhaps Irenicus's Asylum? After all, he took over as coordinator, so it's his asylum. Although the guy wouldn't fit badly in there either. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.