1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RIP Sir Belisarius

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Jul 24, 2012.

1. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Such a great person, definitely taken from this world far too soon. I didn't even know he was sick but this definitely explains the decrease in activity from him lately.

Truly one of the greats of SP, he will absolutely be missed. :(

Rest in peace Sir Bel, my thoughts and prayers are with your family.

2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

This sucks.

My heart goes out to his loved ones, it is always terrible to lose a friend, but even more so when the body fails out early.

3. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

It's just never fair when one of the best is taken so early. I hope him the best in his next life.

RIP Bel

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Rest in peace mate. And thanks for everything you've given us in this place.

5. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
  6. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    We will all remember sir Bel's quirky sense of humour. Always ready to offer a word of advice and support when it was needed. Rest in peace buddy. Cancer has a lot to answer for.

7. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    So sad to hear of his passing. His posts were always fun to read.

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Damn, had no idea.

9. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Rest in peace Sir Bel. :(

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I had no idea he was ill. I didn't really have much interaction with him, but I certainly enjoyed reading what he had to say.

42 is way too young...

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I've updated the first post in the thread with information on how to donate to honour Sir Bel's memory.

I'll start it off with a $100 donation.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Montresor has contributed the first donation, $50, which brings the total to $150. Please show your support by donating, any amount counts.

13. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Rest in peace brother.

14. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks to an anonymous donation of $50, the total is now $200.

15. Taluntain

Media:
    Thanks to Avarahtar's generous donation, we're now at $300. :thumb: The first goal is $500, but if we can make it a round $1000 it'd be awesome.

16. Taluntain

Media:
    Thanks to a $50 donation from reepnorp and $3 from Max Robitzsch, the total is now $353. Nice going guys, please keep it up... :thumb:

17. Taluntain

Media:
    Wow, up to $503 now with a very generous donation of $100 from Beren and $50 from Atmer. Thanks, guys. The first goal is reached, on to the second one! :thumb:

I'm going to throw in an avatar/portrait + title for anyone who donates (and doesn't have one yet) as my way of thanking the contributors.

18. Taluntain

Media:
    Thanks to a generous donation of $100 from Spellbound we're at $603 now. Let's make that second goal happen! :thumb:

19. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I just saw this now - I was away all last week. Like reepnorp, I did not not even know he was sick. It just sucks. Like many others here, I never personally met Sir Bel, even though I lived less than 100 miles away from him. I feel terrible. It's also surprising how long it's been since he was regularly active on the site. Just looking at the reponses, pretty much everyone who remembers them has a join date in the early 2000s.

20. Taluntain

Media:
    I've known about it for quite some time but Bel didn't want to make any announcements about it here so I've only shared it with a handful of SP staff. Even though Bel hasn't posted much in the last few years, we've been in regular contact behind the scenes and he was a big part of making sure that SP could operate smoothly, so he's never really "left" like most people who stop posting regularly.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.