1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

RIP Sir Belisarius

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I just saw this thread ( I don't come to SS very often) and am very saddened at the passing of Sir Bel. I always enjoyed his posts. May he rest in peace.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    olimikrig has made a very generous donation of $100 as well, so the total currently stands at $703. That second goal is looking more and more realistic. :)

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Great work, guys!

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thank you for your donation, Harbs. ;)

We're now at $730,48! :thumb:

6. Taluntain

Media:
  7. Taluntain

Media:
    We've just broken past $800; thanks to an anonymous $30 donation we're now at $816,48! :thumb:

8. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends, may he rest in peace.

9. Taluntain

Media:
    Thanks to another anonymous donation of $25 we're now at $841,48! :thumb:

10. Taluntain

Media:
    $851,48 thanks to Aikanaro's $10 donation! :thumb:

11. Taluntain

Media:
    Almost at the 900 mark now... The current total is $891,48 thanks to SuicideBunny's $40 donation! :thumb:

12. Taluntain

Media:
    GhostBadger from the RPG Codex has stepped in with a $30 donation, raising the total to $921,48. We're getting close now! :thumb:

13. Taluntain

Media:
    Thanks to an anonymous donation of $30, the total is now $951,48! :thumb:

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Awesome!

15. Taluntain

Media:
    Wow, thanks to a $50 donation from Rotku, we've reached the $1000 goal and are now at $1001,48... a big THANK YOU to all of you who have made this happen! :thumb:

If anyone would still like to donate please do it in the next few days as we'll be wrapping up this donation drive afterwards.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  16. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I have to say, I'm incredibly proud to be part of a community that can come together in such a way after such a devastating loss. Way to go everyone, this really is an amazing way to honour the memory of Sir Belisarius!

17. Taluntain

Media:
    It really is and I'm extremely proud that we've managed (with a substantial amount of help from our friends from RPG Codex) to make this contribution a reality. You guys and girls never cease to amaze me. :)

18. Taluntain

Media:
    Whoa, another very generous donation has come in, this one from Master of Nuhn, raising the total to $1120,48! :thumb:

19. Taluntain

Media:
    I'm going to round it up to $1200 and cover the PayPal expenses, so the final total that we've raised for CancerBWare is $1200.

A huge thank-you again to all of you who have donated for this worthy cause - it really makes me proud to be at the head of such an awesome community.

reepnorp likes this.
  20. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yikes! I am mad at myself for not knowing this :( I did not know him well but always fun to talk to. I will go out to my trunk and grab more beer that I shouldn't just to give a Viking send off that I'm sure he deserved. :beer: The picture made me think of him as do the ones like Kitrax :( I'd donate myself but am completely broke after my recent stroke. All hail to the SS community for your generosity. Nuff said :beer: P.S. No money for me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.