1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Rodrils Mod - Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Jul 16, 2018.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]@Celestial Heavens Rodril has merged Might and Magic 6, 7 and 8 into one game. A new version of this mod has been uploaded recently.

[​IMG]
    Hello.

Here is thing i did for past time: merge of mm6, mm7, and mm8 on base of mm8 using MMExtension.

Download link (MMExtension, patch and Editor are included, game is not included): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cu6tlpkh99pw ... jMWfa?dl=0
    Update 23.06.2018, use it if you've downloaded main files before: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v6bsucr1m5ck ... uQOfa?dl=0
    Note: first launch after this update will take longer than usual.

How to install:
    1. Install GOG version of Might and Magic VIII.
    2. Install GrayFace's patch for MM8.
    3. Unpack MMExtension and MMEditor files into MM8 folder.
    4. Copy files from "Game files" folder to MM8 folder, replacing existing.
    5. First launch can take up to 15 mins, keep patience.

I did test only main stories and partially promotion quests, those should work right, other stuff can be buggy and requries feedback for fixing.

Known unfixed bugs/issues:

1. Win7 x64: some cutscenes can not be played in full screen mode, watch them in windowed mode. Did not notice it in Win XP x64 and Win 10 x64.
    2. Some MM6 dungeons are glitchy in hardware game mode, use software mode for it (possible crashes while moving through doors).
    3. One half of double-leaf doors in MM6 dungeons sometimes stays impassable, second part usually works fine.
    4. Immediate interrupt of food-consuming party rest may lead to interface glitch.
    ---
    5. Win 10: in some builds Grayface's Mouse look does not work, in that case find file "MouseLookTmp.lua.off" inside "...Scripts\General" folder, rename it to "MouseLookTmp.lua", use backspace button to toggle it. Also, it may be useful if you experiencing problems with original mouselook, during usage of dgVoodoo.

Possible contributions if someone would:
    1. Testing.
    2. Repainting mm6/7 armors to fit mm8 dolls.
    (video-example at 1:18 :
    (video a bit outdated, use dump(*table*) function to find new fields of structures)).
    ---
    3. Write artistic and grammatically true text for win-game postcard.

Current contributions:
    - Two elf females and woman from MM7 by J.M.Sower.
    - Two elf males and man from MM7 by Albahr.
    - MM7 and all MM6 characters by Jamesx.
    - Two connective cross-continent questlines by Echo.

Localization:
    This is english version based on GOG releases. I did external database to not get confused with all game files, i think, i can use it to automatically replace current files with other localization, send me your *.lod archives from game folder, so i can try to do it.

Existing localizations:
    German: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/takm1tpdq5ur ... DX3va?dl=0
    - Texts and mm6/mm7/mm8 audio.

Polish: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/579jr8x0gk6b ... WQQDa?dl=0
    - Texts and mm7/mm8 audio. If mm6 sound localization eixist, send it to me, please.

Russian: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pqnrlq4h6gso ... MXo6a?dl=0
    - Texts and mm6/mm7/mm8 audio.

- copy files in you "...\Data" folder to apply localization.

Note:
    These localizations were made mostly automaticly, and have not been tested enough yet. English texts were manually reviewed by Phobos, misspells and some quest descriptions were corrected, which stays in localizations, texts for new quests does not have existing translation, if you'll resolve some of this issues, please, share new texts here.

Tips:
    1. At certain points of stories you will receive instructions about traveling to other continents and explanation of it's purpose.
    2. Party can be filled up at start or durning gameplay by hiring random followers.
    3. Game have weather effects (snow and rain), these are toggleable by new button in "Controls" menu.
    4. Simple way to achieve high resolution (provided by China community): https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16658
    5. I've used Marcon Phoenix's world map for new game menu.
    6. Game bolstering monsters to match them with high levelled parties, who have already finished one of continents, if this became gamebreaking or annoying - disable or adjust bolster in "Controls" menu.
    7. Use "f4" button to switch windowed and fullscreen mode in game.
    8. Music is disabled by default, to enable it: open file "mm8.ini" via notepad, find line "PlayMP3=0", change it to "PlayMP3=1".Last edited by Rodril on Jun 23 2018, 13:13, edited 58 times in total.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2021
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.