1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Safana vs Imoen

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Zaylae, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Zaylae Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I'm choosing which one to have in my party, do both have the same capacity as thieves and fighters?

(Oh yeah and where is this Treasure Cove Safana is talking about?)

[This message has been edited by Zaylae (edited June 29, 2001).]

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Keep Imoen. Safana hasn't much XP when you start with her, has a lower dexterity, all her skillpoints at open locks... Imoen has everything better except for strength but that isn't the most important for a thief.

3. Mistyca Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I prefer Imoen because you meet her in the beginning so you can give her the thieving skill points in the ability you prefer.......Safana has a really sexy voice.

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Yes and when you play a good party you will hear lot's of complainings (and after a while the voice isn't sexy anymore, but only very annoying) for she's Chaotic Neutral and another thing, you can trust Imoen, you know her sice she was a child and she'll never leave you, so she's also more trustworthy than Safana is.

The treasure cave is the Cave with the flesh-golems that is protected by 3 sirine's in the north-western parts of the Lighhouse Area.

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited June 30, 2001).]

5. Serora Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Imoen. Hands Down.

6. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Imoen for the good-alligned party.

7. Zaylae Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Thank you!

But I do have another question, though it's not really relevant I didn't want to start a new topic...

Where is that blasted Ankeg armor that's supposedly in the Nashkel fields? How do you do the coordinate things to find where it is? I've been looking FOREVER!

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Just press the L key and fish around till you hit the spot. You can find the coordinates at SP in the BG Encyclopaedia or one of the hint lists I posted.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited June 30, 2001).]

9. Zaylae Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Oh hey...thanks Taluntain

10. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I would allways take Imoen because by the time I got to where Safana is Imoen is at a far higher level that she is. (around double at least)

About the armor dont worry your not the only one who cant find it.

11. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The way I see it, Imoen's better because she beats Safana in all stats except strength. And while I think a strong backstab could be lethal, Safana wastes it by ignoring stealth. In my view thieves are too fragile for close combat besides a backstab and run, Safana's useless as she can't backstab, and is worse with a bow than Imoen. Anyone like to tell me I'm using thieves all wrong?

12. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I wonder what they where thinking when they
    placed the NPCS. Safanas only something worth if you aquire her at low level so you can give her points in the skills you wan't.
    But you can't. The area is too dangerous.
    Or is it...?
    I used this method:
    1.First I travelled to the area by the wood under Beregost.
    2. Then I found Safana.
    3. Then I used Safana to grab the treasure aided by several potions of invisibility
    and an oil of speed.
    Tadaaaaaa.

13. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

Hey shadow that would work work better than thring to steem roll three sirens and a groop of flesh gollems

14. reijek hidesman Gems: 2/31

I dual classed imoen to a mage after level 7 putting all her points into find traps and open locks. She makes for pretty good backup artillery for edwin (edwin is hands down the best mage in the series). For all my scouting needs, I used Kivan (way better than minsc).

15. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

I looked into dualing Imoen to Mage but I never trided it my pet peeve was that you would lose her as a thief for too long. BGII will be interesting when she is allready dualed.

16. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

imoen is really good as a dualed theif mainly because you can reach high levels with both theif(6) and mage(7) it is actually a good combination

17. Acemandoo Gems: 3/31

Headbanger:
    <you can trust Imoen, you know her sice she was a child and she'll never leave you, so <she's also more trustworthy than Safana is.

Lies!!!, i went round killing everything, as you do!, and then she just left. proved you wrong.

[This message has been edited by Acemandoo (edited July 21, 2001).]

18. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

Im not surprised she left. after all she is of a good alinement. And by killing everything you ar definatly of an evil alinement. So I'm not at all surprised she left.

19. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

And using Imoen does contribute to the continuity of BG2. Besides, Imoen's one the coolest NPC's in the game. Go with her, at least she wouldn't try to collect a bounty on your head.

20. Neitsabes-Naej Gems: 3/31

I put all Imoen point in lock-pick after level 3 (lock-pick=65%) then dualled her to mage.

I encounter Shar teal (spelling ??) at level2 and immediatly dualled her to thief....

Imoen will open lock with lock-pick and at the end of game when She'll find a lock that she can't open She'll use knock. Also, better like a mage who can use a bow...

Shar teal will be my scout/backstabber/trap finder.....
    Better to backstabb with a 18/58 strenght, hehehe....

BTW: My main character is doing all the pick-pocketing by beeing a bard.

[This message has been edited by Neitsabes-Naej (edited July 26, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.