1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Shapeshifter Kicks Major Arse

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by haze, Jul 30, 2008.

1. haze Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My favorite class has been some sort of fighter dualed to a druid (either Kensai or Berserker), but after all this time this is my first time trying the shapeshifter. Also, I did a Totemic Druid (12)/Fighter once. Why did I wait so long? I love this class. I am in a party with Angelo (awesome mod), Auren, Aerie, Nalia/Imoen.

Even before level 13 (which I just got to) he was awesome. Iron Skins, innate Draw Upon Holy Might, a werewolf = dead badies. Plus, Angelo would cast spirit armor on my PC. Add in a casting of insect plague and summon fire elemental before the shift and it is all over. I was -4 AC in regular werewolf.

Now at level 13 with greater werewolf it is pure bliss. Boots of speed, vhailors helm (simulucram with either level 13 druid spells or another werewolf), bracers AC3, ring of protection, ring of earth control, ring of protection, cloak of sewers, and a buckler. Now at level 13 I just went into Bodhi's layer and unleash the fawking fury (Yngwie Malmsteen reference). I haven't even tried improved haste or draw upon holy might in greater werewolf form.

I doubt I will be going back to fighter -> druid. I am mad I didn't try this sooner and didn't go through BG1 first. I am not using weimer's mod, but I am using the refinements mod.

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Hmm I first thought you had shapeshifter rebalancing, but I see you don't. Shapeshifters have never been a favourite among other players, AFAIK. But in the hands of a competent and skillful player, they can work wonders!

I do not know if improved haste works on greater werewolf form. If it does, try it out! Double attack rate is very good, but this spell will also double your regeneration rate! Sweet!

Never get Shapeshifter Rebalancing though. It makes werewolf forms really ridiculously powerful, and is no fun at all, IMHO!

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    See. I said the shapeshifter was powerful enough without dualling.

The greater werewolf claws are considered +4 to hit -- there are very few enemies you cannot damage.

Barkskin is your friend. Get to know it well.

For extra pop, have another character cast Dispel Magic on your druid. This dispels the claws and allows you to use a weapon. (I have yet to use this, it just seems like cheating to me).

A shapeshifter would be really dominant in BG Tutu.

4. haze Gems: 1/31

With BG2 Enhancements it fixes the dispelling weapons bug of the shapeshifter and a few other minor adjustments without the munchkin cheese of the Weimer's rebalanced shapeshifter mod.

I have only just gotten Greater Werewolf form but I tried a couple of things this morning. Cast Iron Skins, Barskin, Draw Upon Holy Might, and have Aerie cast Improved Haste and I have an all in one Deathbringer Assault Arsenal.

Strength = 25
    Dexterity = 24
    Constitution = 25
    Base THACO 6
    THACO -1
    # of attacks 6
    +7 to hit
    +14 to damage
    -15 AC

Saving throws -2/-2/-7/-2 and a slew of immunities. I can't even wait to see what level 15 druid immunities add. The Shapeshifter is a beast. I am going to try one in BGTutu, he will dominate.

5. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Isn't he a bit nerfed there?

6. haze Gems: 1/31

That it is. That is fully beefed up. Usual numbers aren't so high. Luckily he can't cast while shapeshifted, but with simulacram from Vhailor's helm . . .

Even regular werewolf form was mighty nice and Draw Upon Holy Might for the tough battles to give him close to greater werewolf form stats, but not as good AC, THACO, and # of attacks. Still regular werewolf is more than adequate for early goings.

In Bodhi's lair Greater Werewolf is an undead killing machine.

7. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    i've always loved the druid-werewolf. as stated it kicks major butt! the only reason i don't use it that often is because there are already too many items (weapons / armor) in the game that i want to use without ditching them on a whole character. :cool:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.