1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Show Off Your Profile!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    :p Seriously people, what's wrong with pink? Not everything you create has to be proof of your manhood.

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Finally got off my lazy bum and uploaded some pictures. I still cannot figure out how the software decides the order the pics should appear - I eventually had to add them one at a time to get them to appear in the order I wanted.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That's a good question, actually...

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I *believe* it's the otder you posted them in descending order of date...

as in, say you have six pictures to upload and you can upload three at a time. You upload 1, 2, 3. Then upload 4, 5, 6.

Tha album order would be:
    4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3

From what I've seen and uploaded myself I think that's how it's organised.

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Eew cats, filthy creatures. Give me a nice loyal dog any day. I think the issue should finally be settled by a global dog people vs cat people total war. That is the great divide among humans, not religion or politics but your choice of pet. Weirdos who prefer lizards, mice, fish or birds are just too far out there to be considered.

6. Ziad

Media:
    That's what I thought as well at first, but the first time I did this I got them in the order you mentioned. I didn't really care about the order of most but I wanted 3 of them in one particular order, so I went back and did 1,2,3 then 6,5,4, hoping to get 6,5,4,1,2,3. Instead I got 4,5,6,1,2,3 again. At that point I gave up and did 3, then 2, then 1. That seems to work.

So from what I can gather the latest set gets put first (as you had observed) but the order in which things are in each set seems to obey some bizarre laws of informatics that I do not understand :)

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Maybe alphabetical by filename? :hmm:

8. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Updated my journal.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The powers that be say that no order is guaranteed when you upload multiple pictures at once. But I expect that in the next board upgrade sorting pics will become available, as that's an obvious oversight.

10. Ziad

Media:
    Manual sorting would be great and if it's implemented then the initial order the pics are put in no longer matters.

Shades of PST :)

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Heh, the "Updated my journal" sound, following by 'Oooooh, let me see!' from the player. Pure PST at it's best. Shoopwerb game.

12. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    :grin:

I feel stronger!

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

On second thought, those albums are staying private. Befriend this sexy beast if you want to gaze at me under my full splendor!

/ego boots

14. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I would recommend that pictures that contain private information - including pictures of yourself, your house, your school or workplace, or anything else that can identify you personally - should be kept private. A good piece of advice is to not disclose information about yourself on the Internet that you wouldn't tell a stranger in a dark alley - stuff like name, private address, credit card number, where you work, etc.

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    You're on!

16. Ziad

Media:
    I'll pass, thanks.

Ego crushed? :p ;)

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Nope. Sorry 'bout your damn luck.

18. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Updated my profile with a couple of more pictures of my son. I wasn't surprised that he enjoyed eating a canoli this weekend. However, I grossly underestimated the subsequent sugar rush that resulted from consuming that much sugar in one sitting. He was wired for the next 8 hours.

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I've put up some Fan Art pictures of Haruhi Suzumiya (anime series) and Neko (more anime, this more of a theme of drawing).

20. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    I've added a botany album (public) and a few pics to the old albums (couple of them private). Blame the quality on my laziness. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.