1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Site News - Tons of New Additions

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Mar 26, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sorcerer)

Subsection Updates -> Fantasy Books

Where to start...
    Our Fantasy Books section has certainly grown substantially with today's update. By popular demand I have added two brand new book sections, one for Terry Pratchett's books, and one for Robert Jordan's.
    Currently their last novels are only available in hardcover editions, but check back regularly as I will replace them with paperback versions as soon as they become available.

Both Pratchett and Jordan are excellent writers and I am sure you will enjoy their books. So next time you plan on buying any of their books from Amazon, please do so at Sorcerer's Place and support us!

Side note: Two new manuals were added to the 3rd Edition D&D Books subsection.

Subsection Updates -> Community -> About Us

The About Us section has been updated as well. It now reflects the fact that the newest member of the Sorcerer's Place Team - Darien - has earned herself the position of Daily News Editor.
    Thanks to her, Sorcerer's Place is now the prime website to get daily (a)d&d gaming news from, as well as the biggest resource for the games we cover. Bravo Darien!

Subsection Updates - Games -> Icewind Dale

After a short period of inactivity in this subsection of the site, the magic man (heh) returns with a number of interesting new additions.

First of all is the updated (and final) version of the Heart of Winter features document I started putting together a couple of months ago. It now contains everything that was actually implemented in the game and no more rumours and guesses. Kudos to the guy on our message boards who reminded me that this needed to be done.
    Another addition in the same Walkthroughs & Guides subsection is a sparkling new Heart of Winter walkthrough.

Also updated were a bunch of cheat pages (one for the original IWD and a new one for HoW), plus I added another pdf file with cheats for Heart of Winter. To top it all, there is a list of all the new merchants the expansion adds, and what kind of things they sell. You can find all this useful stuff in the Tips, Tricks & Hints subsection.

The last updated subsection is the Editors, Hacks & Cap Removers. Here I have added a new Icewind Dale trainer. If cheating your way through the game is what you prefer, then do so in style!

Subsection Updates - Games -> Baldur's Gate 2

Finally, the reason for the delay of today's update. I would have had this whole update up on Saturday, but making (and uploading) a 250 screenshots gallery of Baldur's Gate 2 is not exactly a small task. But all that is behind us now, and the final product of hours of labour is now online for you to enjoy.
    The gallery details my entire path through the game, from beginning to Irenicus' bitter end.

The second important update here is the Throne of Bhaal features list which can be found in the Walkthroughs & Guides subsection. I have added some more known info about it and tweaked some of the wording from the last update.

Basics of Armor, Armor Class and Shields in BG1 and BG2 is a quick guide that was submitted to us and is available in the same subsection. After an extensive spelling check, a bit of translation and some error fixing on my part, it now makes a useful guide which will enlighten a casual reader as to what AC is and how it is calculated.

The latest new scriptwork from Kalthorine is "Happy Group", a hack that completely disables the game's incompatibility between good/evil NPCs. Well, not completely, but enough that they will not leave the group because of it, or even worse, kill another NPC. Get this much sought-after hack in the Editors, Hacks & Cap Removers subsection.

Subsection Updates - Games -> Pool of Radiance: RoMD

A small update was made here. There is a new page about the Secret Societies in Myth Drannor up for reading in the Miscellanea subsection. Does the name "Cult of the Dragon" ring a bell?

Subsection Updates - Games -> Neverwinter Nights

There were no actual updates made in this section, I have merely fixed the broken Screenshots link on all pages. Not that it makes much difference, since there aren't any there to see yet.
    However, now that this big update is finished, I am pretty sure I will be able to put together a big NWN screenshots gallery for the next update, so stay tuned for more goodness, as usual.

- Direct Links

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.