1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

solo sorcerer spell list

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by hamtaro23, Feb 8, 2005.

1. StayC Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

@ Faraaz
    Eeeeeh... Wand of Pierce Magic ? :) Works every time.
    Seriously, Pierce Shield is great... But 98% of the monsters do not have Demogorgon's resistance. So 5 level spell is Ok (And it could be used in Spell Trigger). And there's only one Demogorgon(and one Melissan).

As for liches, I assume you mean Tactics Mod ? I don't use it now, so "normal" liches do not require such drastic measures. With Kangaxx, it was Melf's Minute Meteors in 1999 for me, and it is now.

But... I'm sorry if it's a stupid question: the liches are immune to 1-5 spells, so, how can you use Greater Malison, then ? It doesn't work for me, no 4 level spells do save Teleport Field.

2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Bah...I was talking hypothetically...to get my idea across I mean. :p

And those wands are cumbersome...98% of the time, I sell everything, and depend solely on my own spells, armor, weapons and accessories to get the job done. Except for potions of healing. Everything else is really cumbersome for me.

And besides, I feel comfortable knowing that I can kick out spell protections and MR for ANYTHING the game can throw at me, anytime I want.

3. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

4. hamtaro23 Gems: 1/31

About the level 1 spell picks, do I need Identify here? Or maybe i can chose something other like Chromatic Orb or Burning Hands?

5. Ravynn Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I wouldn't pick identify myself. You can get those glasses from that dude upstairs after talking to Gaelan Bayle. I think theyre like 600 gold?

6. StayC Gems: 1/31

They're about 2400. As a sorcerer has 6 first level spells(identify 6 items), it's pretty good. You could pick it instead of Shield and still have Magic Missile, Spook, Chromatic Orb and Burning hands\something of your choice.

7. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

There is only one important spell at level 1. :)

The reason I choose Identify is that it comes in handy not having to worry about identifying items. I still buy the Glasses of Identification.

Burning Hands (I assume you want it for finishing off trolls) is a decent alternative.
    Chromatic Orb has that horrible +6 save penalty so I don't use it, but I know there are many who like it.

8. hamtaro23 Gems: 1/31

THX you all very much again.
    So i think i will chose Chromatic Orb instead of Identify at Level 1.

9. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

@ Earl Grey: I'd really like to read your guide for a Sorcerer, please, drop a line when it's finished.

I thought I'd add my(current) spell list here.

1) Chromatic Orb
    Friends
    Identify
    Magic Missile
    Protection from Petrification
    2) Blur
    Knock
    Melf's Acid Arrow
    Mirror Image
    Strength
    3) Dispel Magic
    Melf's Minute Meteors
    Remove Magic
    Skull Trap
    Vampiric Touch
    4) Farsight
    Greater Malison
    Improved Invisibility
    Spirit Armour
    Stoneskin
    5) Breach
    Cone of Cold
    Lower Magic Resistance
    Spell immunity
    Sunfire
    6) Chain Lightning
    Death Spell
    Improved Haste
    Protection from Magical Weapons
    True Sight
    7) Finger of Death
    Limited Wish
    Prismatic Spray
    Project Image
    Ruby Ray of Reversal
    8) Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting
    Protection from Energy
    Simulacrum
    Spell Trigger
    9) Chain Contingency
    Imprisonment
    Time Stop
    Wish

That suits my playing style:
    Hurt as much as possible, I prefer party-friendly spells, or ones that are easy to aim,
    No "you cannot save at this time" spells, like Web, Teleport Field and Clouds,
    No "fodder" summons (one Planetar+Silmulacra+Elementals from the Staff of Fire - enough for me, and 6 Planetars+12 clones - more than enough),
    No "disabling spells" - Slow, Chaos, lower Power Words, Glitterdust - none of them fits,
    All party-enhancing spells that the cleric cannot provide are there.

10. Dave Q Stone Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Earl Grey: do u have a walktrough for solo sorcerer ?

Yesterday i've tried solo sorcerer and get out alone from irenicus's dungeon and i have one important question ? How do u handle traps ?
    I had to drink a healing potion before and almost after every trap :(

Solo , yeap but i started to think to get Jan only to steal Ring of Regeneration and Ring of Ram. Would that be still solo ?

11. Kulyok Gems: 11/31

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Earl Grey, why take Friends? Surely the number of times you would actually use this makes it a bit of a waste?

13. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Friends because, as silly as it may seem at first, the other choices are even less useful. At least with Friends you get discounts on items.

And as for David Q Stone, hard to see how it's soloing if you're not...solo. Trust us, there is no point in the game where a sorcerer needs help from any party members.

14. Khemsa Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

David Q Stone:

The way a solo sorcerer does pickpocketing is to start as Lawful Neutral and use the ferret familiar which has pickpocketing as a skill. Yes, a solo sorcerer can have a familiar and still be considered "solo."

15. Dave Q Stone Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Khemsa: yes thats a good advise. Is it's pickpocketing skill high enough to get the ring of regeneration ? If it is not then i have no reason to restart the game.

16. Kulyok Gems: 11/31

No, it's not that high. You'll have to reload a few times. Regenerating is not very important: as you're playing solo, you'll have LOTS of money, so 750 gold for the healing now and then won't hurt your funds much.

17. Amane Genda Gems: 1/31

I'm looking for the Baldurdash fix for Mass Invisibility, I've read the installed readme file from the install process of the latest fixpack from Baldurdash.org and checked the site itself. I can't find it.

If anyone can provide a URL to a site or even the direct link, I'd really appreciate it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.