1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Something similar to "Gatekeeper"?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by trippwojohn, Mar 2, 2010.

1. trippwojohn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Is there a trainer similar to "Gatekeeper" for NWN? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. Shardnax Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Ice Temple

I knew of one on NWN Vault, but it isn't there anymore.

Ignore the title, it was an accident.

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The only thing I know of is Leto. It's not as user friendly as Gatekeeper.

4. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I've never been able to get Leto to work.

5. trippwojohn Gems: 1/31

I can't get it to save the alterations I make...i.e. I can't get it to work, either.

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Does the PRC allow you to customize your character?

7. trippwojohn Gems: 1/31

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "PRC"?

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You don't need an external trainer for almost anything you want to do since NWN has it's own console for entering commands for just about everything.

Look here: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/NWN/index_tips3.php for the Cheat Codes Listing and the Console Commands links.

9. trippwojohn Gems: 1/31

huh?

[​IMG] When I try the cheat console codes, all I get is a "magic spells" and "magic spells memorized" screen. What am I doing wrong?

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Can you explain in more detail what you did and what you saw?

When you hit the console key (normally "~", but can differ depending on country), a text entry line should appear on the screen near the top left of the display, and what you type will show up over the graphics. Type in your commands as they appear on the cheat/console pages. Once done, hit the "~"key again and the text will disappear.

11. trippwojohn Gems: 1/31

no text box

[​IMG] when I hit the "~", nothing happens. At least, nothing happens on the screen. I am in the US, using an English version of this prog, updated to 1.69, and have no idea what I'm doing incorrectly.

12. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    When you start typing something after you hit the "~" key, nothing shows up on screen?

If not, I'm not sure what the problem is. The key you are hitting is above the <Tab> and below the <ESC> correct? I don't think there was anything in the .ini file that you had to update first in order for this to work, but maybe I'm not remembering correctly... it's been a while.

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My recollection is that the "`" opens a cursor, you then have to type DebugMode 1 in order to unlock the ability to issue dm commands, and then away you go.

Check closely on the upper left of the screen, as it's not a separate dark area, the cursor appears on the play screen.

14. trippwojohn Gems: 1/31

` or ~

Ok, I typed the ` command instead of the tilde (~) mentioned earlier. I received a > _ in yellow in the upper left corner, but can't type anything after that...whatever I type, I receive the same two-paneled screen as far as magic and magic learned. I still dunno wtf I'm doing wrong. Thanks...

15. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've managed to get it to work. I'll try to post some instructions. It is complicated. I'm going to use a random save game from the OC.

First, if you are using the 1.69 patch, download the "Leto 1.69" rather than the other one on the vault.
    http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Other.Detail&id=1288

Before you begin, make a copy of your saved game. The program works fine 99% of the time, but 1% of the time it corrupts the saved game.

Start the program.
    Now use the menu button.
    Go to File->open
    From the dialog box, change the type from "ITP Files" to "From List in file"
    Select the name of the chapter .sav rather than the "player.bic" file.

Another dialog box will pop up. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and choose "Module | IFO"
    with the "Resource name" being "Module" and the type being "IFO"

Now you can select to edit either your character or the henchman.
    Choose the appropriate field. Your character is labeled
    (Player) Firstname Lastname

Make the changes

Now when you are done, choose file->Save As...
    Repeat the steps you did in earlier to open things.

From the dialog box, change the type from "ITP Files" to "From List in file"
    Select the name of the chapter .sav rather than the "player.bic" file.
    If you choose the "player.bic" it WILL NOT WORK.

Another dialog box will pop up. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and choose "Module | IFO"
    with the "Resource name" being "Module" and the type being "IFO"

Choose the same character that you chose before. Make sure you click on the same line, or it will mess things up.

That's it, you're done.

If you are still having problems, it may be because you tried to make an invalid character and forgot to edit the file "nwnplayer.ini".
    You need to change the line that says "Single Player Enforce Legal Characters=1". Change the 1 to a 0.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.