1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer's Place Member Item Shop mod (temp frozen, waiting for IEEP2)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Taza, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Dialogue for Taluntain as the shopkeeper

(the first time)
    As you enter this darkened corner of the Adventurer's Mart, you notice shelves and racks holding a large number of items that seem to positively drip with arcane energy. Behind the simple wooden counter, you notice an unusual man preoccupied with one of several books beside him. After waiting patiently for several minutes, he then seems to notice you and look up. Aside from the volumnous black robes that he wears, his visage conveys equally black shoulder-length hair, pointed ears, and a tint of green to his complexion. He's clearly what they called "planetouched", with an appearance that's not quite diabolical, but more intimidating than anything else. Under his stare, you realize that he has instantly gleaned knowledge of your unique heritage. Yet somehow you get the feeling that he has no respect or fear for your status as a child of Bhaal. Or at least, you're not going to get any special privileges over any other would be customer. "I suppose you wish to partake of my wares?" Before you can even open your mouth, he cuts you off. "First, before you are allowed entry into my shop, I have very strict rules here which must be followed at all times. No exceptions." Before you even have the chance to consider a reply, you feel an unseen force lock onto your jawbone. Your head is spun around, along with the rest of your body that is being levitated towards the wall that had been behind you. Your face is brought inches apart from a parchment nailed to the wall, so that you cannot help but read:

The Rules.

1. No foul language.

2. No assaults or otherwise abusive behaviour towards any other customers in the store.

3. No comments that are not directly related to the conduct of business within Sorcerer's Place.

4. All prices are final. No haggling, ever.

5. No exceptions will be made to the rules, ever.

6. No applications for employment will be accepted, so don't ask.

Released from the grasp of the spell, he thens asks, "Do you accept the rules?"

PC: But ...

Taluntain: Do you accept the rules?

PC: How dare you!? I'm the big, bad Bhaal...

Unfortunately, there's a reason he didn't seem to respect the fact that you're a Bhaalspawn. The force that now closes in on your entire being is all-encompassing, and very final. (Imprisonment cast on the PC, game over)

PC: Umm ... Yes.

Taluntain: Good. Now what do you wish to buy?

(go to the store)

Subsequent visits ...

Taluntain: Ah, the godling destined to shape the destiny of Faerun has returned. I take it you wish another look at my wares?

PC: Sure.
    (proceed to the store)

PC: Maybe later.

Taluntain: Suit yourself. Till then ...

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] whee! I've been waiting for this mod to resurface.

Let the overpowered wepons commence creation! The members of Sorcerers Place demand blood to their names. :evil:

We have no flails! We need flails of course, A good weapon they are and painful :grin:

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] That's really good, Beren! ;)

How about splitting the wares between myself and my trusty apprentice, BTA? ( :p ) Maybe each could sell one group of related items. BTA definitely deserves to be in there, too.

4. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Maybe Tal could deal with weapons, and BTA with armors and other misc stuff...

5. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

We though need a option in the dialogue to buy Taluntain, the Almighty Bastard sword (the price of 500,000gp can't be used in the .itm file).

And i need a desc for Eze, the angst katana.

I have found the beta files, so i can start working soon.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Beren,

By Jaheira's Love, how do you come up with this stuff? I certainly hope with such a creative muse that you have put this talent to work in some form of writing.

Anyway, I approve hearily of the weapon, and the description. Truly, you have some form of inner sight into my character as a person. OK, I don't live in a cave waiting for visitors, but overall you hit the mark. Only I didn't know I was a stone giant, but now that you mention it, my portrait certainly COULD be a stone giant...

My ever so humble sugestion, if I may be so bold, would to be to include a slight intelligence and/or wisdom enhancement to the wielder. Afterall, a Mallet O' Thinking should make people better... well... thinkers.

Great work, and if you aren't already, become an author of fantasy books.

EDIT: Sorry, my bad - didn't see the +2 to intelligence... But I think Beren should write a book sometime after the mod is completed...

[ September 30, 2003, 14:50: Message edited by: Aldeth the Foppish Idiot ]

7. Taza

@ Aldeth

There is a +2 int bonus in that desc...
    But i can't make a 2-handed war hammer :(

And i need Beren for my item descs and dialogs now, so don't tell him about starting to write a book. I'm sure that he would be great in it, but then i would be without a dialogue helper and i would need to find a new one.

8. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Here's my contribution. I'm more Lawful than Chaotic Evil.
    :p

Shura No Daisho, Katana
    Equipped: 15% Magic Resistance, +1 attack per round
    Weapon Proficiency: Katana
    THACO bonus: +3, +5 vs. Good
    Damage: 1d10+3, +5 vs. Good
    With each hit, the target must save vs.spell at a-2 penalty or die instantly if its alignment is good.
    Usable: Non-good alignment, Kensai

Shura No Daisho, Wakizashi
    Equipped: Chaotic Commands, +4 AC
    Weapon Proficiency: Wakizashi, Scimitar, Ninja-to
    THACO bonus: +3, +5 vs. Evil
    Damage: 1d8+3, +5 vs. Evil
    With each hit, the target must save vs.spell at a -2 penalty or die instantly if its alignment is Evil.
    Usable: Non-good alignment, Kensai

The followers of Lathander whisper to one another, their voices hushed in fear whenever they discuss a disastrous incident that had befallen their faith a long time ago.

Once, the Morninglord vested much of his power into three mortals, raising them as mighty paladins in his service before sending them out into the world to destroy evil wherever they may find it. Such was their power that none could stand before their divinely-gifted might. During the next decade or so that the trio walked the land, no force of evil dared to rear its head. Vampires quailed in fear and fiends avoided the Material Plane, ignoring the calls of would-be diabolists, so frightened were they of the Morninglord's trio. Demi-liches destroyed themselves the moment they heard that the trio's eye had fallen on them. The faithful of the evil gods were all but wiped out. It was a golden age for the good-hearted folk of Faerun.

But then, all good things must come to an end. The mightiest of the trio fell from grace, spurning the greater good and justice in his lust for a seemingly innocent warrior-woman who was in fact, a erineyes agent of the Archdevil Asmodeus himself. In his bitterness, he turned his worship to the gods of evil, who were only too happy to heed his call. Bane, Myrkul and Bhaal vested their unholy power in him in place of the Morninglord's grace. He was now the mightiest Blackguard Faerun had ever seen.

He still had his two former-comrades to contend with, however. His paramour, the erineyes whispered into his ear the ways on how he might summon a champion of unsurpassed prowess to his cause and that he did. After a ritual in which a thousand elven children were sacrificed, a planar gateway opened through which a mysterious warrior stepped through. The warrior did not say much. He simply nodded and left the Blackguard's fortress to meet the incoming armies of the two paladins.

The armies of the paladins consisted of rank after rank of knights in shining armor, thousands of stout-hearted and pious pikemen and hundreds of clerics and righteous wizards. A single warrior from another plane of existence barred their way. He tore into their ranks, cutting down knight after knight and turning the pikemen into mutilated corpses. The spells of the clerics and wizards availed them not, nor did their magical protections have any effect. The warrior slew them all, and left none of those who were heading to attack the Blackguard alive.

The paladins came then, one astride an ancient silver dragon and the other astride an ancient gold dragon. The warrior cut down Lathander's champions and their mounts like so much rubbish. He brought their severed heads to the Blackguard and demanded that the planar gate be reopened so that he could leave. The Blackguard obliged him, only to have the warrior's shorter sword buried up to the hilt in his chest upon compliance. The warrior left then, leaving Faerun to recover from the devastation.

These swords reemerged many centuries later, though there were none that know how they came to be separated from the warrior's grasp. Perhaps he lives still and might come looking for the weapons with which he once wreaked such carnage...

These swords seem to be kara-turan in design but they are outlandishly peculiar even for weapons from the east. The katana is jet black down its entire length while the wakizashi's blade is a murky white in color. The mysterious warrior that wielded them had endowed his blades with no enchantments. Rather, such was the force of his character that bits of his being have been imprinted into these swords.

9. D_Odds Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'd like to try with my second post

D. Odds
    Statistics:
    Special Ability
    Casts Luck (improve every statistic by 5%, AC by 1) (67%) or Unluck (reverse of Luck) (33%) on user with each strike, no save, ignores magic resistance. Effect lasts for 10 rounds and is cumulative.
    Ignores Protection from Magical Weapons

THACO: +6 bonus
    Damage: 1D8 +6
    Damage type: slashing
    Weight: 2
    Speed Factor: 3
    Proficiency Type: Long sword
    Type: 1-handed
    Requires: 6 Strength
    Not Usable By: Cleric, Druid, Mage

Christian St. Windsor never knew when to stop gambling. During a game of extraordinarily high stakes poker, St. Windsor had already lost his stake, his future income, all future income of his heirs, and of course, his shirt (he had already lost the matching Bronze Pantalettes some time ago). With nothing left to put into the pot versus Nagha the mage, he wagered his eternal soul, freely given. Nagha called his bet offering a sword of incredible power, uniquely crafted for St. Windsor. The odds (or, as it sounded when St. Windsor said it, 'D. Odds') were with him that day. He drew inside on the Dragon Flush (Lich-high), fairly, trumping Nagha's four Unicorns, which weren't come by quite as fairly as St. Windor's hand. While Nagha was willing to cheat at cards, she wouldn't welch on a bet, and D. Odds was created. Christian St. Windsor wielded his weapon proudly and went on to win, and gamble away, great fortune. But any gambler on a winning streak can tell you a losing streak, no matter 'D. Odds', can't be far behind. Christian's luck ran out when he hunted the great red dragon, Pozhaluysta, trying to pay off his gambling debts to the Shadow Thieves of Athkatla.

10. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    8people is one of our most senior residents, so she certainly deserves a place in the mod. Along the way, I'll also make an "all in good fun" jab at her climb towards Rogue Stone Status. And since she herself wants a flail to be in the mod ...

Flail of Eight People "Many Voices leading to a Greater Whole"

The great civilization that had been Netheril offers plenty of stories concerning legendary figures both heroic and villainous. Some however, do not fit neatly into either category, but became unique stories in their own right.

Netherese texts, rare as they are, occassionally allude to a woman with a wanderlust, a thirst for adventure, and an amazing penchant for endless discussion. What is apparent from those references is that she had had a condition which ancient cultures referred to as "Tribe of One", eight different personas co-existing within the same body.

As such, she possessed a nearly infinite capacity for conversation, irrespective of the topic at hand. Because her discussions were not always invited, and because some of those personas were more abrasive than others, it was on more than a few occassions that she had to defend herself with this flail.

Coincidentally, or fatefully so, the flail itself is armed with eight heads. Such was the pervasiveness of magic in Netheril that each individual head became attuned to one of the different personalities. All of the heads will constantly speak in voices which, while barely audible to the ears, will resonate clearly within the minds of their chosen targets. Each head is capable of a psionic effect which is characteristic of the personality it has become attuned to.

If you choose to wield this weapon, you must keep in mind that the effect may actually prove beneficial to your opponent.

THAC0 bonus: +3
    Damage: 1d6 + 4
    15% chance of being struck by Folly - casts Feeblemind on the target
    15% chance of being struck by Wrath - targets must save vs. spell or go berserk
    15% chance of being struck by Courage - target affected as per Remove Fear spell
    15% chance of being struck by Fear - casts Spook on the target
    15% chance of being struck by Despair - casts Doom on the target
    15% chance of being struck by Iron Will - casts Chaotic Commands on the target
    15% chance of being struck by Confusion - target affected as per confusion spell
    15% chance of being struck by Charmer - casts Dire Charm on the target

*** I'll need a little more time for BTA's dialogue.

11. RangerFox Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Is this good?

Tail of the Lashing Fox (+2)
    Proficiency Type: Flail/Morningstar
    Damage: 1d6 + 2
    Weight: 5
    THACO: +4 bonus
    Damage Type: crushing
    Requires: 15 dexterity

Bonuses/Penalties:
    +4 damage to humanoids
    Rage x1 per day? (I don't know if this is possible since I'm not familiar with item creating details) otherwise berserker curse

While equipped:
    +2 bonus to dexterity
    +1 to wisdom
    -1 penalty to strength
    +15% to Hide skill
    +2 AC vs. Missiles

Usable by: Rangers
    --
    This "flail" appears to any onlooker to be a fox's tail attached to a chain, but in reality it is a magical disguise to fool enemies.

Rumour has it that this odd weapon was crafted for a crazed ranger. He was said to have been raised by a family of foxes in the wild for three of their generations, from a small babe to a child of twelve. At that age he witnessed the death of his whole family at the hands of a hunter, but he somehow was not seen. After seeing these violent deaths, he vowed to herself that he would one day pay back the odd furless creatures. As he grew up he trained and eventually used this weapon to kill innocent passers by in the forest. A sad tale indeed. However, he was eventually captured and shown the error of his ways. He was freed by the law because he was found to be not truly evil, just misguided. Afterwards he went on to use this weapon to peform good deeds in the forest, and became a protector of foxes.

How this weapon actually came to be is a mystery, but it appears to make the holder more cunning and dextrous, akin to a fox.

[ October 01, 2003, 07:25: Message edited by: RangerFox ]

12. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

beren, you have done one very good job. Congratz! :)

13. Taza

[​IMG] The first beta is going to include the following items:

Item Name, Item Name #2

Arabwel's Second Hand, "Slashed Path to Fortune"
    Helm of Nuhn, "Solace from within"
    Gopher's Silver Harp, "The Enigma"
    Khazraj's Rage, "The Molten Plate"
    Faragon's Companion, "The Elf Slayer"

And we need beta testers. (Only Andar(100+ posts) or better gem or avatar owners for now, sorry.)
    (Send me a PM)

Edit: Rewording

[ October 01, 2003, 22:07: Message edited by: Taza ]

14. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

One question, what are you beta testing, whether the items are overpowered? Or whether they work?

15. Taza

Do they work. They are supposed to be as overpowered as the staff of the magi.

ALL THOSE WHO WANT TO BE BETA TESTERS PM ME!

[ October 01, 2003, 20:46: Message edited by: Taza ]

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'll give it a test. My e-mail should be accessable to members.

Lol, Beren, a nice item, shame the description is all true :p

17. Beren

Media:
    Dialogue for BTA

When you first stepped into the Adventurer's Mart, you couldn't help but notice the random play of lights of various colours along the back wall. Having made your way to the source of the prismatic chaos, what you now see cannot help but make your mouth fall slack. While the shop here definitely provides magical wares for prominent display, you also notice a series of different coloured lights in constant motion. If you didn't know better, you would swear that you've stumbled onto a congregation of Will o' wisps. And then you notice the shopkeeper ...
    He's a thin, bald man, with tattered grey robes, and an equally unkempt beard. Over the palm of his left hand levitates a glowing gemstone the size of a cannonball. In his right hand, he holds a roughly hewn staff. Three different skulls float around the top end. The man himself appears to be carrying on a lenghty discussion ... with no one in particular. At times his whisperings and mutterings appear to be directed at the floating skulls, and at other times to the floating gemstone. And sometimes, he appears to stare off into an unknown distance during his musings. On the front end his desk, you see scrawled in bright red, "Blackthorne the Abominable: Here I am the Master!" Everything you see cannot help but leave you with the impression of ... madness. You wait patiently for his "conversation" to end. After a lenghty period of time, you begin to wonder how he can maintain a shop in the notoriously competitive "City of Coin" with such poor customer service skills so to speak. Finally, you can stand it no longer.

PC: Excuse me, sir, but I want to ...

Blackthorne: Knock it off, bozo! I'm in the middle of something.

You wait a few more minutes, hoping that his private discourse is almost finished. The wait again becomes unbearable. Good business is after all, good business.

PC: I just need a moment ...

Blackthorne: What part of "knock it off" did you not understand!?

By now, it's became painfully obvious that he'll conduct store business when he's good and ready to. Remembering the sign on his desk, you start to wonder, "Master in whose mind?" With such a blatant display of the arcane, and his seeming instability, you wonder how it is that the Cowled Wizards haven't sanctioned him, both as a magic-user, and a deviant. After all, Imoen was taken away for casting barely worse than a cantrip a mere 40 feet away. With a certain alarm, you consider the possibility that the Cowled Wizards know about him, and yet will not take any action against him. Again, the waiting becomes agonizing beyond endurance. You think to yourself, whatever conclusion he hopes to attain through his "discourse", it had better be important enough to justify making you wait so long. As though he had heard your very thoughts, he instantly bursts out, "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! What can I do for you?"

PC: Do you have anything for sale?

Blackthorne: Only if you can afford it, youngster.
    (proceed to shop)

or

PC: Maybe later.

Blackthorne: It's just as well then. Begone. (He then resumes his deep thinking, which you had apparently interrupted)

*** subsequent visits

Blackthorne: What do you want now, youngster?

PC: To buy something.
    (proceed to store)

or

PC: Nothing for now.

Blackthorne: It's just as well then. Begone. (He then resumes his deep thinking, which you had apparently interrupted)

@Taza: I've edited the post for Arabwel's Second Hand to add a second name.

18. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

@Taza-Actually you can make a two-handed warhammer. I'll code it for you and e-mail it if you want the two-handed warhammer in your mod.

19. Taza

Naah.
    I must know how to make the items i make.
    Otherwise i would be completely lost in changing them.

20. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LMAO Beren... I'm always being interrupted by bozos :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.