1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer's Place Member Item Shop mod (temp frozen, waiting for IEEP2)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Taza, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Lokken's Hand

Generations ago, there was once a mad lich named Lokken, who resided in a old and forgotten tower somewhere in the northermost reaches of Thay. Of course, he never was exactly the stereotypical, evil-doing, crazy lich type. Except, yes, he was crazy; all day he pretended that he was an elf wizard (well, he was halfway there), or some other imaginary character. Still, those who met him took a sheer enjoyment in his so-called "role-playing", and many an adventurer with intents to rid the Realms of another undead winded up pretending to be an elf too.

Still, even liches have their end. Eventually, a priest (ironically, he was mad too) of Cyric came into Lokken's tower, and slew him with a single blow with his sword. The priest took Lokken's hand as a souvenir. However, the destroyed lich's addiction lasted beyond death (twice!). The priest died five years later, stricken with madness and sickness, and on his deathbed, was under the firm impression that he was a sort of thief from Kara-Tur, called a "ninja".

Greedy thieves took Lokken's hand later. It now rests in Taluntain's store, where he is one of the few who can resist the hand's mighty powers.

Abilities:
    1/day - Contagion
    1/day - Chaos
    Each uses drains 1 point of Wisdom unless save vs. wands.

---

Alas, somewhere a street-sweeping broom lies in a closet in the Realms, somwhere... ;)

2. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

what would you guys suggest i do to make an item, as half of my name is used by a character in the game... next time i wont make my name after a clan name, but it was the only name that i could think of that hadnt already been used by someone else in LoS

[ October 02, 2003, 05:05: Message edited by: LoS_DrIzZt4 ]

3. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Nice, but where is the muteness? :D

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmm... How about "Drizzle", the everful Potion of Helaing or somesuch?

5. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Scimitar-Benanthalins Courage

Damage: 1d8+4
    Special
    User Immune to Spook, Horror, Emotion: Hopelessness, Symbol Fear.

I don't know what to put for a story...damn.

6. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Version 0.01.01 Status

Done:
    5 Item files
    4 Effect Files
    2 Spell Files
    1 Creature File
    1 Store File
    1 Dialogue File
    2 Script Files

Still to go:
    1 Install File

(Means that the mod will be soon ready...)

STATUS UPDATE:

The beta of version 00.01.01 is ready.
    I think i still need a betatester with only SoA.

[ October 05, 2003, 20:57: Message edited by: Taza ]

7. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

SO I guess a topic on this will be started on the SOA forum. I'm sure there will be plenty of reply.

8. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Baezlebub's Decent

In the early ages before even the elves had crossed the seas and before the formation of the nations of the modern Faerun, there was a forgotten race living on a since destroyed material plane. These people were akin to the halfling folk that now can be found across all planes, small and light fingered. Yet they were not joyful or cheerful as the half-folk are. They were a fearful race due to the harsh ruling of their demon overlord, Yxbudur'znutkimdu. This demon demanded sacrifice, slaughter, death and carnal knowledge as a daily routine, threatening bloody retribution to those that disobeyed.

One tenday there was an upcry. One of these lowly beings had refused to carry out his bidding. This gnat was Baez'lebub, one of the silent rebels of the civilisation. Leader of the rebels and master of martial skills, Yxbudur'znutkimdu had a deadly enemy. The demon had bested Baez'lebub however, not in battle but in heart. The demon commanded the rebel leader to sacrifice the demons hostage, Baez'lebub's twin sister with his ceremonial dagger. When commanded, Baez'lebub refused, vowing to let his sister die before kill her himself. With his words, xbudur'znutkimdu let cry a fearful roar. One that cracked the very substance of the plane. It cracked trees, split earth and even the polar caps were said to tremble as the giant demon leapt upon his lowly servant, his bitter enemy. The terrible impact of the demon crashing to the earth caused the fabric of the plane to split, carrying him and his defiant worshipper to the very bowels of the earth, the plane left destroyed and forgotten in history.

The fall was recorded to have taken 7 days and 7 nights, and on the 8th night, they landed amid the brimstone and fire of the gates of hell. There, they fought, the very fall enough for the great god to be near death. The two fought for hours on end, and at the 12th hour, Baez'lebub fell. With a cry of triumph, Yxbudur'znutkimdu lept upon his prey, and with his last strength, Baez'lebub thrust with all his might, his ceremonial dagger. The monster screamed as it fell upon the blade, and with a curse, dragged it's own and it's foes lifeforce into the blade itself.

Dagger + 5
    2d4 + 5, + 2 vs good or evil creatures.
    Thac0 + 7
    Special:
    Summon Dark Planetar 1 per day
    Only useable by:
    Neutral Characters

[ October 06, 2003, 09:01: Message edited by: Baezlebub ]

9. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Mathetais' Traveling Rod

Although a variety of deities are worshipped and revered in the Realms, a few individiuals either truly believe in one deity, or do not believe in any at all. Mathetais, however, was an even stranger one. He claimed to be a priest, although it was never truly discerned which deity he followed, for he always referred to his deity as "God", although it is believed at one point Mathetais also described his deity as an executed carpenter. Naturally, many thought the priest mad, but they could not deny the powerful divine magic he channeled, nor could they deny the benevolence he brought unto the poor and needy.

In the end, however, many priests of many faiths began to be fed up with the priest's constant preaching and benevolence. A dozen different clerics surrounded him and bludgeoned him to death. It is said, however, that Mathetais did not lift a finger in self-defense, instead turning the other cheek. His possessions, including this quarterstaff was taken as loot. A wandering priestess of Shar sold this item at Taluntain's store recently.

THAC0: -5 penalty
    Damage: 1d6-5

Abilities:
    Wielder is constantly under Free Action.
    Wielder regenerates 1 hp every 5 rounds.
    Once per day: Cure Disease, Mass Cure, Remove Curse.
    Five times per day: Sanctuary, Protection from Evil.

10. Trydan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, if you are still accepting suggestions, then here are two more...

Trydan's spear

The head of this spear is made of a strange metal, silvery-white and polished to a mirror like surface. It is also razor sharp, and no amount of use seems to damage or dull the honed edges. Furthermore, when swung through the air, it seems to generate a cracking, rumbling sound; like that of thunder from a storm that is dangerously close. And if one listens carefully, the point seems to crackle and hiss with energy. Below the head, the strong ash shaft is soot-black, and bands of scorched iron prevent the enchanted wood from splintering.

The legend of this spear is curious, but also tragic. According to the tale, there was once a young warrior with an unhealthy obsession with bad weather. Convinced that great power lay in the heavens, he would climb mountain peaks at the first sign of a storm, and try to commune with nature's fury. Of course, inevitably, he was struck by lightning, but miraculously survived. What was more intriguing, was that the incident did not deter him from his pursuit but actually fuelled it. It can not be said with certainty whether this event was the cause, but from that day onwards, Trydan was able to cast spells of electrical nature. He also acquired a spear of great power.

Here the legend becomes unclear. Some say that Trydan forged his spear from his own magic and skill. Others say that it was given to him by Storm Giants. A few believe it was his old plain spear, somehow transformed when Trydan was hit. Still others say that he found it, high up in the lofty peaks which he frequented.

Sadly, Trydan was not wise enough to forego some of his old ways, and he continued to wear the metal chain mail armour from his early fighting days. It is unknown whether his spear was the cause, or whether he was simply struck by lightning a second time. Either way, he was not so lucky in this second event.

The spear was found at the summit of a mountain, in the midst of a large area of scorched rock. It is said that the ground was peppered with tens of thousands of little rings of black steel. Trydan himself, however, was never to be seen again.

STATISTICS:

*CURSED*
    Damage: 1D6 +4
    THAC0: +4
    Damage type: Piercing
    Special: 50% of all hits cause an additional 2d6 points of electrical damage
    5% of all hits cause 2d6 points of electrical damage to the wielder
    Weight: 4
    Speed Factor: 1
    Proficiency Type: Spear
    Type: 2-handed
    Not Usable By:
    Cleric
    Druid
    Thief

The only way that Trydan's Spear can be removed is by a remove curse spell.

Trydan's Chain Mail

Chain mail is made of interlocking metal rings. It is always worn over a layer of padded fabric or soft leather to prevent chafing and lessen the impact of blows.

This armour once belonged to Trydan, a young warrior who was supposedly killed during a storm. The scattered links of his destroyed chain mail were collected by a peasant, who sold them to a blacksmith. The blacksmith later linked them back into a usable piece once more. Curiously, this chain mail does not inhibit the casting of arcane magic.

STATISTICS:

Armour Class: 5
    Weight: 40
    Requires: 8 Strength
    Not Usable By:
    Druid
    Thief

11. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Thought I'd give it a try...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Falstaff’s Fallen Branch

Many years ago…

The great human druid Falstaff had never been known for his great feats of wisdom, but since birth he had always been incredibly dexterous. As he wandered through the Old Forest one evening, he was set upon by a large group of orcs. Seeing that he was vastly outnumbered, the nimble druid ran and swiftly climbed up into a nearby tree.

Unfortunately, he did not think to inspect the tree before he began to climb it. When the limb that he had chosen for his perch broke, he and the remainder of the branch plummeted to the earth. Falstaff landed skillfully enough, but did it did not occur to him to look up and dodge the limb before it hit him on the top of his head, knocking him out for a few moments.

Falstaff awoke as the orcs approached, and attempted to stand. As he rose, he noticed that the blow from the branch had made him extremely dizzy. Nevertheless, he picked up the branch to wield as a club against his foes. Amazingly, as dizzy as he was, when he grasped the club he seemed to be more aware of himself. As well, his bond to nature seemed somehow… stronger.

Using this newly strengthened bond and his greater awareness, he called upon the powers of nature to assist him in his plight, and then clumsily waded into the attacking band, somehow wielding his newfound club as if it was an extension of his arm. Between his whirling club and the new range of spells given him by nature, he soon destroyed every last one of his attackers.

Although he never regained his nearly acrobatic feats of dexterity - indeed, it always seemed as if he was about to fall over - he became well-known for his wise words and intimate bond with nature to the end of his life. Tragically, a goblin fired an arrow directly into his chest. Although the wound was not anywhere near fatal, the jolt from the arrow caused him to trip over his own feet, lose his balance, and tumble off of a nearby cliff to his death.

Club +4

Damage: 1d6+4
    THACO: +5 bonus

Special:
    20% chance of wielder being struck by confusion
    5% chance of target being struck by confusion

While equipped:
    Dexterity set to 6
    Wisdom set to 20
    Gives Grand Mastery in Clubs
    Memorize one additional fifth, sixth, and seventh level spells

Only usable by: Druids (pure or m/c)

12. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Foradasthar's Sphere

While the name might lead one to understand that this strange item was indeed made by someone called 'Foradasthar', the truth is stranger than that. No-one really knows where Fodarasthar's Sphere came from, or who created it. All that is known is that even the most powerful divination spells can reveal but its original name, and its abilities, nothing more. But the abilities are powerful indeed.

The sphere has the power to become a fairly powerful tool for nearly any trade imaginable. While any one ability alone could be surpassed by other powerful weapons and items specializing in that specific task, what makes Foradasthar's Sphere legendary is that anyone using it can manifest a virtually infinite range of powerful tools to fit any situation, granting them a considerable tactical advantage. For this reason Foradasthar's Sphere, while unknown to most, is very sought after by those who are aware of its existence.

Abilities:

Manifest one of the following weapons: a +2 Mace, Longsword, Flail, Staff or Short Bow for the duration of 2 rounds (12 turns), 2 times per day.

Manifest 5 of the following type of ammunition: +2 Crossbow Bolts, Arrows, Stones or Darts once per day (these ammunition are real even if created through magical means, and can be stocked for future use).

Manifest 1 of the following potions: Potion of Master Thievery, Potion of Genious, Potion of Frost Giant Strength, Potion of Healing or Potion of Invulnerability once per day.

Create 1 normal thief trap (100% success rate) once per day.

Invoke Magic Missiles (5), Monster Summoning 2, Detect Traps, Fireball, Dispell, Invisibility, Ruby Ray of Reversal, Minor Spell Deflection, Greater Healing or Lesser Restoration 2 times per day.

Invoke Deathspell, Healing, Raise Dead or Elemental Summoning once per day.

Or

Invoke Stoneskin, Mirror Images, Spell Deflection, Improved Invisibility and Greater Healing, all at once. This ability may be used once per day only, and when used will make Foradasthar's Sphere unusable for the rest of the day.

Usable by:
    -Mages
    -Priests
    -Other classes with at least 12 in both Intelligence and Wisdom (priests and mages do not need to fill this requirement).

Complicated work, I know. And even this couldn't contain all what I wanted in (you can't make everything happen in BG2 afterall J ). Still, this is the only thing I could come up with. The item's appearance should be that of a green sphere as per those found in the second last level of Watcher's Keep.

If I forgot something that should be there, or put in something with a name that doesn't even exist, then tough luck. ;)

13. Taza

OWW. That is hard.
    @Foradasthar
    I would have to edit Baldur.bcs to make that item... So i can't make a item with 1 of 4 spells 1/day...

It would require WAY too much to do. I can make "Stoneskin 1/day AND Globe of Invulnerability 2/day" but i can't make "Stoneskin OR Globe of Invulnerability /1day".

And i can't make a item that would have stat requirement only for part of the classes. And i can't make a item with "12INT OR 12WIS".

I can make a "min 12INT AND 12WIS" item.
    And i can make a item that would randomly cast Stoneskin or Globe of Invulnerability.

@All
    Please make the items possible to make. Any item with dialogue is double as time-consuming and effects spesific to a race are especially hard. I can't make Lilacor-type item dialogue.

14. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Hehe, well you can't blame a guy for trying. I knew it'd be a lot of trouble but it was the only thing I could come up with.

Let me get back to you then when I come up with something else.

Edit: Ok here comes

Ring of Foradasthar's Will

The Ring of Foradasthar's Will is a casual looking blue ring, and would indeed pass for such as well if it weren't for the engravings that are imprinted on the inside of the ring. The engravings are in a language that strangely enough, cannot be interpreted even by divination in words but rather in emotions and essence. What information you can understand however, speaks of an ancient plane where in long-forgotten times numerous mythical and powerful beings gathered to discuss and govern matters concerning all of existence. This place was referred to by some as the centerpoint of all wisdom, intelligence and power known to existence.

Though the plane is now lost into the expanse of magic, time and space, the magic of this ring still persists. The ring will enable the wearer to call upon the will and avatar of one of the beings of that ancient plane, Foradasthar. A truly powerful ally, the mythical beast manifested from this ring can turn the tide of almost any battle to your advantage.

Abilities:

Summon Foradasthar's Will once per day.

The "Foradasthar's Will" is one of the waterweirds you can find in Abazigal's dungeon in ToB (note my avatar ;) ). In what I seem to remember as the last room, you have 3 waterweirds, the center has a permanent fireshield-blue on him, huge amounts of hitpoints and damage resistances and attacks with a strange long-range attack that causes massive damage to frontline fighters. This is the creature that should be summoned to fight on the ringbearer's side. It can't be moved from the spot it's summoned to, but it's not supposed to either.

As a ring, I would like you to use a regular angelskin ring. No engravings (those pictures you can affiliate with an item) are needed.

In case someone comes up with a better description for this "ancient mythical plane" that is of course referring to Sorcerer's Place Forums (ie, not too apparent but obvious enough), say it and let it become a part of the description.

Hope you get this one done Taza. :)

[ October 09, 2003, 17:18: Message edited by: Foradasthar ]

15. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Death Rabbit's Donkey Punchers

The infamous Monk Death Rabbit, who was expelled from his order for not taking his vows of chastity seriously enough, crafted these gloves with the help of a sadistic gnomish alchemist. They gave him a distinct edge in battle, though the "special powers" of these gloves would reveal themselves later, much to the alchemist's amusement.

Death Rabbit became renowned for his prowess in the Gladiator pits of Athkatla's slums, in the days before the slave trade where open challenges were what drew the crowds. In or out of battle, he never removed the gloves, and was never sure why he always felt it necessary to keep them on, even in bed. Making quite a name for himself and enjoying his new-found celebrity, he had earned quite a studly reputation with all the happenin' ladies. Many a damsel threw themselves at his feet. The problem was these gloves gave Death Rabbit the uncontrollable urge to perform a particular "maneuver" in bed, after which his relationships would instantly end. He could never keep a girlfriend longer than the first night, which served only to baffle Death Rabbit despite all the fun he was having.

Perhaps it was unwise to tell the gnomish alchemist his daughter had a "cute ass" after all.

STATISTICS:

+4 to hit/damage when attacking with fists
    +1 point of fire damage

SPECIAL:

-80% chance with each hit enemy is knocked back and stunned for 2 rounds
    -Immune to emotion-based spells (Doom, Fear, etc)
    -Charisma set at 18
    -CURSED: Ends all romances within 1 day

Only Usable by:
    Monks
    Kensai
    Non-good alignments
    Characters of less than 10 Charisma

[ October 10, 2003, 18:03: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

16. Taza

Okay...

I'm needing the bug-reports...

Known features:
    Gopher's Harp's effects are left to guessing. Gopher is pretty random anyway, so this is a feature.

Faragon's Companion is not having a bam in inv. A feature.

Tal is not fighting back. He's pretty peaceful. (will be fixed)

Arabwel's Second Hand crashes the game... Let's mention that in the readme. (will be fixed)

Any other bugs for me?

17. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was hesitant to report what I've observed, because I was playing TofB installed, and some other WeiDu modes as well (e.g. tactics). But since I've seen the same things you're getting ...

Faragon's Companion doesn't deliver the extra damage and attack bonus that his elven enemies so richly deserve. I went into options in order to have attack rolls displayed. Against humans and such, the usual +3 bonus shows up. Against elves and half-elves, +0 shows up.

To my knowledge, Khazraj's Rage works perfectly.

Helm of Nuhn's Armor class bonus, and Sunray power work perfectly. However, it doesn't confer negative energy protection, immunity to fear, or the wisdom bonus (IIRC).

Tal doesn't fight back if you attack him. This certainly needs to be corrected.

This is in addition to what you've described.

18. Taza

Oww CRAP!

I can't make race-specific effects with IEEP...

The others i can solve...

Rastor, how could i make race-specific damage?

19. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG]
    :p

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Just a thought, (don't know if it will makea difference) Where BTA is set to appear it is an unaccessable area, just wondering if a character would appear there or not.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.