1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer's Place Member Item Shop mod (temp frozen, waiting for IEEP2)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Taza, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I installed the mod last night. Just wanted to window-shop, so I politely went up to the vendor (what’s his name? – Talutubby? Talutoon? - something like that) to say “hello”, and he practically slams my face into the wall. I was happy to see a “steal” button – I might have to teach the jerk a lesson. :evil:

(As you may have noticed, some days I like to live dangerously :eek: :D )

2. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Yeah... You live very dangerously...

Any bugs seen?

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The only problem was when I was installing - I got some error message, but then it said that it was installed correctly - sorry, I meant to make note of the message, but I accidentally closed the window. It may have had something to do with a dialogue file, but I'm not entirely sure of that. If I have time tonight, I'll uninstall it and reinstall, and let you know if I get the message again.

So far, no problems, but then all I did was talk to Tal; didn't try to buy (or steal) anything. I want Ara's katana, but I just started the game and of course don't have nearly enough gold. And despite my post above, stealing just doesn't seem right. :good: He still deserves it, though - I'll just have to wait and see. :evil:

Edit: Uninstalled and reinstalled - error message did not repeat.

Edit #2 - Bug Report
    Raised enough gold to buy Ara's katana. When I tried to equip it on my multi-classed fighter/mage, the game crashed and I got the following error:

An Assertion Failed in ChVidlmage3d.cpp at line 899

I am running SoA, official patch, SP Fixpack, and various mods. Based on the error message, the mage side of the character seems to be the problem.

[ November 05, 2003, 04:59: Message edited by: Splunge ]

4. Taza

Image... It's the BAM or the animation... i can't, however, trace this bug...

5. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Uh.. my Harp doesn't have a description image. That's about it, I've not bought anything else though.

6. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

hmm...hows my item doing?, can it be done or not?

just wanna know it.....

7. Splunge

Media:
    A very recent comment by Rastor in another thread :
    As stated in my previous post, I uninstalled and reinstalled the SP mod. When I first installed the mod (and got the error message), I was also installing some components from other mods - Tactics and Ease of Use. I'm not sure what order I did them in. If the SP item mod wasn't the last one, could this be the problem? I don't think so, since this seems to be a bit different from Rastor's comment, but I thought I'd mention it.

Edit – another piece of information that I forgot to mention before, that may or may not be relevant. I was able to equip the katana in the inventory screen – the crash occurred only when I left the inventory screen to return to the game.

[ November 05, 2003, 18:47: Message edited by: Splunge ]

8. Taza

Lol... You have a answer to a dialog bug there. :D
    The bug you are encountering is animation bug. (ChVidImage3d.cpp = Character Video Image 3d .cpp , perhaps?) I think i might be able to trace that bug now, though i can use some help.

@Death Whisper: It can be done, i just downtune it a bit. (Less abilities= better)

9. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31

Nice :)

good to hear taza, thanks

looking forward to the day the mod is finished.

10. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

A simple question concerning this mod, Is it weidu or what? and does it work with weidu mods?
    Is there anything I should do before installing this mod? Eg. uninstall prev. mods?

and finally, does it work with ToB? =)

11. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31

of course it will work with tob, or this topic would been made in SOA forum ;)

12. Taza

It works with 95% of the existing mods, and 0% with game balance ( :p ).
    It's a weidu mod only for ToB.

13. Splunge

Media:
    Well, I'd offer to help, but as you probably have figured out by now, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this sort of thing (and don't make any cracks about being clueless in general).

Really? Looking back at older posts in this thread, you were apparently looking for beta testers for SoA. Did this change? Because, as I said above, I only have SoA installed (no ToB). Maybe that's part of the problem I'm having.

14. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I'm semi competent with a pencil. i could draw up some pictures for your descriptions if you like. nothing over the top, but better than nothing.

15. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I can vouch for that, Baezle is much more than semi competent, more like artistic!

16. Taza

Well, they need to be .bam files...
    And this mod is meant to work only with ToB. If it works with SoA, be happy. :D

17. Splunge

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Damn! I've been a victim of misleading advertising! I'm calling my lawyer! :flaming: :p

Oh well, you might mention that it's ToB-only in the readme. ;)

18. Taza

It MAY work with SoA, i'm not sure... And i gladly give you refund... :p

19. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Taza, kudos to you for your hard work. I must say that I was rather amazed that you put the Khazraj's Rage Molten Plate in the mod. I got warm fuzzies (horrid retching sound). And thanks to Beren for coming up with the trendy story behind it all, since he just made it up from the Avatar picture.

Thanks very much people and thanks to SP for allowing such a cool mod in the first place. :cool:

20. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Since I don't follow the gaming threads, it came to my attention only recently that there's an item for *ME* in this thing! Beren, MoN, that was really just *TOO* sweet and you made me get all sniffly.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.