1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Soul Saga - Early Access in July

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Jul 17, 2018.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]The latest update for Soul Saga announces that the game will be releasing for Steam Early Access this July.

[​IMG]

Soul Saga - Our 5th Anniversary

5 years ago. from this exact day, I came to Kickstarter as a young developer with a dream: to make a fun game inspired by the classics I loved from my childhood. At first I just planned to find a way to fund Soul Saga's development, but through Kickstarter I found much more. I found support, I found friends, and most importantly: I found a reason to live. Without you, I wouldn't have had the motivation to continue.

In a previous post I covered some of what I've had to sacrifice to keep working on Soul Saga. Since then, I left my entire life behind to return to the exact place I started Soul Saga: my parent's basement. I haven't left the farm since I got here half a year ago, because every waking moment has been dedicated to working on Soul Saga. It's been a long journey with a lot of pain and heartbreak... and if I had the chance to start over, I'd do it all again.

I set out to make a love letter to JRPG classics and ended up making a love letter to you, my friends. From the first moment I wake up, to the last moment I fall asleep, my only goal is to one day see you proud of the game you and I have created together. This is why I've been gathering your feedback and applying it to Soul Saga. I'm making this game for you, and it's you that has pushed Soul Saga to be the best game it can be.

Earlier this year I had hoped to have Soul Saga finished by July. Since then I have done nearly nothing but work on Soul Saga. While I haven't been able to completely finish it yet, I've gotten a lot done. However, after a lifetime of combating mental health diseases and the past 5 years pushing me beyond limits, it's become very obvious that toiling away alone will not be a feasible way to handle the remainder of Soul Saga's development. It's time that we try something new.

Early Access in July

Lately I've been looking back on the past 5 years of Soul Saga's development cycle and analyzing my own personal strengths and weaknesses to plan a realistic route to Soul Saga's completion. What I've found is that the most valuable strength I have isn't from within myself... it's you. Soul Saga could never have been as polished as it is today without your feedback and support. And the only way I can complete Soul Saga is if you can help me figure out the best way to utilize what its world has to offer. And we'll do that through early access.

In July I will be releasing Soul Saga in an early access state. At the moment it's not nearly the game it can be or the game that you truly deserve, but with you and I working together, one day it will be.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.