1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SP Happenings #196

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Taluntain, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Our regular visitors will have noticed that lately (that's PC for far too bloody long) our news coverage has been less than optimal. We haven't had much luck in securing the participation of news editors who would publish the news on a regular, if not daily basis, coming to the point where we've been left with no editor in charge of the daily news. As my other commitments at this time preclude me from being able to step in as the daily news editor, I had to come up with another solution to the situation we've found ourselves in.

Both RPGWatch and Sorcerer's Place go back a long time. While RPGWatch as a website is fairly new, it is staffed by some of the people that I've known and admired for many years (heck, Myrthos and I go back more than a decade). From what I heard, they don't hate me much either.

And since they just happen to have the best RPG news stream around, tapping into that has naturally come to my mind. As luck would have it, the crew there agreed with sharing their news with us. Now all that was left was the technical implementation. A couple of sleepless nights and busy days later, Myrthos has managed to provide me with a direct news feed that with only a little manipulation on our end enables us to transfer relevant news posts from RPGWatch into our own news system.

I'm hoping that with this nexus in place, we'll be able to deliver a regular stream of SP-relevant news from RPGWatch, while still being able to report any news on our own if we chose to or had the scoop on something that RPGWatch didn't.

To conclude, here's a big thank-you to our good friends over at RPGWatch who have made this possible - you guys are awesome! :thumb:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.