1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011-2012

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Beren, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's like Quick has gotten right into the heads of the Devils. The Devil's aren't taking shots that hockey coaches from midget upwards will tell their players to take when available, from the circle, from the slot, etc. Kovalchuk in particular gets a lot of his goals from those areas, and even he's afraid to take them for fear he can't beat Quick from those areas. It's like they're already crushed mentally.

Not to knock Brodeur, he's been one of the all-time greats. But it looks like the Kings took out the book on him, and are honing in on his high stick-side as his relative weak point.

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    They sure did, and I expected them to do it again in game 4. New jersey deserved at least one win and got it.

An interesting fifth game, and I have a sneaky suspicion that new jersey will get it despite the LA offensive power.

Bodeur's luck with the post might turn.

3. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Congrats to the Kings on a well earned championship!!!

Side note: The Kings had fewer goals against in the playoffs (29 GA in 20 games) this year than the Penguins did (30 GA in 6 games)

4. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Congrats indeed to the Kings. No surprise with Jonathan Quick winning the Conn Smythe trophy.

There was a bit of deja vu here as well. Last year's Cup might still have been Vancouver's if they hadn't taken that major penalty where Thornton got levelled. Same kind of pivotal event in this series. Could NJ have staged a rare three game comeback but for Bernier boarding Sceduri?

Ah well ... Here's to me hoping my beloved Oilers can land both Nail Yakupov and Justin Schultz in the offseason.

5. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Come on, you sure the Oilers don't want a handful of Leafs for that draft pick? ;)

Also I just realized this is the third year in a row the Canucks were knocked out by the team that won the cup

6. Beren

Media:
    Well, rumors have Oilers and Leafs as the front runners for Schultz. Oilers because we're starved for D but are loaded at foward. Leafs cause of the Gardiner connection. /me crosses my fingers. :p

If we did a pick swap whereby the leafs threw in Gardiner, I'd think about it, but then I'm not the GM. ;)

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    One stupid decision. How dumb can you be to board someone so in the open under the eyes of the linesman with the puck gone in the first period with a score of 0-0.

Cost them the game, and the cup. LA was chocking.

That was it, until next season.

8. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Well, my picks for the cup final were two of the first three teams ousted. My hockey pool took a beating almost as bad as my ego did. Here's hoping my Leafs can turn things around...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.