1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stellar Tactics - Engine Upgrade

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Jan 11, 2017.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Stellar Tactics is undergoing an engine upgrade but is only on the public test depot for now.

Engine Upgrade

This build is only available on the "Publictest" depot for now - see instructions below to opt in.

I have good news and bad news!

The bad news first!

There is no good way to say this, so I'm just going to say it. Better now than later.

THE ENGINE UPGRADE WILL WIPE YOUR SAVE GAMES (sort of)

In order to prepare the game for Steam Cloud Saves, I had to move the save game folders and data. I don't expect that I'll need to do this again, however, I cannot guarantee that there won't be save game wipes in the future while in EA. I'll always provide a way for you to recover you're old saves if possible (see below). NOTE: Cloud saves will go live when this build is ready to be released. There will be no cloud saves while testing on the "Public test branch".

This engine upgrade was crucial for KZ-MR7 and moving forward towards alpha.

I am providing a way for you to manually recover your save's if you must. See the section below.

The good news!

I am posting a major engine upgrade to the "Publictest" depot! Instructions for accessing the updated version are noted below for anyone willing to test the new build. Please read below, opt-in and give me feedback on the new engine. I'll be providing a pinned thread in the general forums for feedback.

Post feedback here!

Features

There are too many fixes/changes to list here. I'm just going to list the major updates for you.
    • Reworked Load/Save folders for accessibility and future Steam Cloud Saves
    • 64 Bit support - steam will automatically choose between 32bit and 64bit depending on your systems capabilities
    • Better support for Windows screen resolutions and tabbing
    • 4k support (Experimental)
    • Better performance overall
    • Stability fixes
    • Better support for zoomed state in Windows 10
    • Faster execution of scripts
    • Lower memory overhead
    • Better support for lower end video cards (Yeah Intel - that's you, though I still cannot officially support you!)
    • Updated Steam Libraries
    • Load/Save games are now much faster
    • By default, space graphics are set to low resolution (for those with limited VRAM]. For those of you with 2GB or more VRAM, just open the options menu and under video select "HiRes Space" and apply settings. The next time you enter space, you will be using the high resolution graphics

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.