1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Strange Attack on Characters

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by RedBaron96, Jan 27, 2015.

1. RedBaron96 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm playing IWD II for the first time and having something odd happen after the bridge in the first chapter. When I get back to civilization, my characters are randomly getting attacked, yet there is nothing there.

Is it one of the items I picked up from looting after the bridge? Or is there a glitch? I have it set to autopause after characters get attacked, but having it rotate between my characters every step is REALLY annoying.

I can't figure it out.

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Do the characters have any status effects on them? What does the combat log say when you take damage?

3. RedBaron96 Gems: 1/31

It just says they've been attacked when it pauses, no damage shown. I've tried dropping various items when it happens, in case something is cursed, but either haven't found the right item or it's a glitch.

It just keeps going through the characters one at a time.

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    That's odd. It can't be an item, the autopause only triggers if an actual enemy attacks a character. Might be a glitch, although I don't remember ever having experienced it.

What if you switch autopause settings to enemy sighted? Is there such a setting in IWD2?

5. RedBaron96 Gems: 1/31

Well, I went back and dropped/picked up stuff, moved on, and it stopped doing it. I have no idea. I have it set for enemy sighted, too.

Really weird.

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Probably just a glitch. IWD2 is by far the most buggy of the IE games.

7. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    The glitch is probably because some area you cleared of enemies wasn't properly handled. There must be a search check being performed in error. The script triggers an attack order upon seeing your party, despite there being no enemy. It shouldn't be too intrusive, and you won't be frequenting Targos much longer.

8. RedBaron96 Gems: 1/31

Thanks. I'm past there and have another issue, but I'll do a search and see if I can find it before posting lol.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.