1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Symbol of Amaunator

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Arutha, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Arutha Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Apart as a source of good quest xp, what's it used for?
    What is meant for a never implemented quest or am I missing something here? (it doesn't seem to be necessary for the ruined temple quest, but I may be wrong).

[ July 27, 2002, 21:08: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

I think you need it just to open the door which leads to the shadow dragon

3. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I hate to say this, but you're wrong Arutha. If you want to finish the quest, you need to have that. It opens the final seal that you go through to reach the shadow dragon (or one of the other seals, that's the item that you put together, right?) Regardless, everything in that dungeon has some purpose.

4. Arutha Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The final seal is opened by the last gem you get (I think it's in the statue of Amaunator).
    I guess the symbol is needed to open the stairs to the Dragon then...

5. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

If you have the Item Upgrade Pack from Weidu then you can use this symbol to upgrade a buckler to give negative plane protection.

6. Walker Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Maybe you can trade it too the ogre in the druid grove for the gong?

7. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm almost certain the gem you get only dispels that last barrier. The symbol unlocks the door itself. The reason I'm almost certain is that the first time I did this I placed the symbol in the statue, as it said something along the lines of "this statues looks like it is waiting to receive something". I couldn't open the door, because I didn't have it. I later took it back, and opened the door fine.

8. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The ruined temple had so many quest items that I just couldn't keep track of them all so I just kept all of them and when I finished I got rid of them. Just hold on to everything untill your done.

9. Lennon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The symbol lets you open the door up to the Shadow Dragon.
    To clarify, there are two shadow doors and one door:
    First shadow door you open with a light gem from the pedastal near the prison.
    Second shadow door you bypass by walking around near the lava pit.
    The ordinary door is openable as long as you have the Symbol of Amaunator in your inventory. :)

10. BlackCircle92 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Judas: The "arms" that your talking about will be used later for when you kill Bodhi.

11. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ah - the "revive your love" part of the plot, eh? Funnily enough, I've never needed to complete that part of the game... does it only happen with Aerie or something? I'm sure I've done that part of the game with active romances with either Jaheira or Viconia, and neither of them have died... is that a bug, or Aerie / male romance specific?

12. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I've had it happen with Jaheira, and I'm pretty sure it can happen with Viconia, so perhaps you hadn't got far enough through the romance for that subplot to be triggered.

13. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Not sure, but I think you have to have completed the romance for it to trigger.

I've never had it happen, but then I do seem to end up romancing Jahera and goooooowd does that girl take her time!

[Edit]

Foolish man! Of course what I mean, cough, cough is that you need to get to where it was competed in SoA... [Edit]

[ August 20, 2002, 11:51: Message edited by: Viking ]

14. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

The romance does not have to be completed, but it does have to be in the "exclusive" stage. It will happen to all the women, and I'm pretty sure it will happen to Anomen as well.

15. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

From my experience, it does have to be in the "exclusive" stage. And yes, it will happen to Anomen.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.