1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tales of Berseria - Review

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Feb 11, 2017.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]411Mania has reviewed Tales of Berseria:

Tales of Berseria (PC) Review
    I've had somewhat of a storied relationship with the Tales series. I first got into Vesperia but about halfway through it I got overwhelmed by all the side content and lost track of what I was supposed to be doing. I played about 7 hours of Zestiria but just kind of lost interest in it. Now here I am with Berseria, a prequel to Zestiria. I did manage to beat this game but it took a while and there are a few issues that crop up.

Tales of Berseria takes place hundreds of years in the land of Midgrand and places you in the shoes of Velvet Crowe. The first hour or two introduces you to Velvet's brother, Laphicet, and her brother in law, Arthur, as you live a fairly simple village life. Then one day, you awaken to find demons have overwhelmed the town and that Arthur is sacrificing Laphicet to a red moon. You attempt to stop it but your arm gets corrupted by the Demonblight, which turns people into demons. You get thrown in jail due to your demonic arm, which can essentially eat demons, and three years later you escape with revenge on Arthur, now calling himself Artorius, as the head of a new Abbey that is bent on purging the world of demons.

[...]

I enjoyed my time playing Tales of Berseria as the cast of characters and twisted story make it a petty memorable game. The nuts and bolts of the game though could have used some work though, and the entire thing feels slightly undercooked and very tedious. If you like Tales game, it is certainly another one, but I'd wager that only fans of the JRPG genre, that really want to sink time into a game should venture here.

Score: 7/10 - Good

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.