1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

TFE-X install problems

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by scpreedy, Oct 27, 2009.

1. scpreedy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

can anybody help

I have loaded a fresh version of the TOEE with patches 1 and 2 and Co8 5.6.0.beta.

When i try to start up TFE-X it says
    "another isntance of TOEE front end X is already running"

I have also tried running TFE-X-repair and this also reports
    "TOEE-end x is not installed, please install front-end first"

I am running VISTA and i have tried installing TOEE into both the default and other dirs but still get the same error messages

Any advice would be great

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have encountered this issue before, with a few games. You probably need to completely wipeout your oldest install 1st. How did you uninstall it? You might need to use the registry to fully eliminate all traces of your original download. Check your Add/Remove programs option as well. See if your original is still showing and try to remove it.

3. scpreedy Gems: 1/31

thanks for the info, i will give it another go.

I used the unistall within the TOEE dir to remove the old vers of TOEE before reinstalling it, the patches and Co8.

Do you use regedit to clean the registry?

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, which is hard to do for that particular program. Be very careful what you are deleting. I had to do the same with a BG2 install. The mfg had some good info on their site, you may want to try Atari's site for a list of registry edits required to remove the game. Hopefully they post it.

5. scpreedy Gems: 1/31

i have unistalled TOEE and checked the registry, it appears clear. I will try reinstalling and see what happens.

Any other ideas. In the txt file for the repair it mentioned about editing the .ini file. I could not find it. would this have anything to do with it??

6. Blades of Vanatar

Try loading it on another pc and copy the files over to your pc? Other than that, maybe someone else has a better idea?

7. scpreedy Gems: 1/31

thanks for your help. Unfotunately it did not make any differene.

Does anybody else have any ideas of how this might be resolved?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.