1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Adventure Begins....

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Dark Slayer, May 4, 2005.

1. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'd take Jan along, he can open locks, disarm traps and cast spells. Life's easier with a thief. ;)

Edit: He's also hillarious. :D

2. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

@Shrikant
    You really need thief. not because of lock picking, but major reason is traps. you can't possibly run over trap and say: "ok, I'll disarm it later" and you forget and run over again.and if you get thief too late i'll make huge difference in Level. if you loot too late, i'll be just waste of time(I hate it!). and also, thieves get special abillity:Backstabbing! it's wonderful mage-killer.
    And what strays?

3. Isshy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Shrikant: Well I didn't give spoilers...just hints I think, and I said nothing directly about the plot!

I agree with Chickavalier that you need a thief but I prefer Yoshimo over Jan. Love those special traps. Plus it's a waste of time going back to an area just to loot when you could've/should've done it the first time you were there. Without a thief you may not be able to open doors/pick locks and might miss some good or important stuff!

4. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

You threw away Korgan??? He's perhaps the best fighter in whole game.I use him even in good parties.

5. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

All right, I cleared de'Arnise keep to get what? 650 gold from Nalia! (though some items I found made big bucks) I expected more after all I've done! Killing that troll boss (TorGal, was it?) was hard, you know?!

Whatever, I cleared Windspear hills of disguised paladins and now, I'm looking for that bozo who offered me 10,000 gold if I took care of some ogres.
    (I forget a lot of names! I think it was Jierdan Firekaag or something) and most likely kill him for kidnapping a innocent person and messing with me. Where can I find this guy?

[ May 07, 2005, 13:29: Message edited by: Dark Slayer ]

6. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

There is a dungeon in the Northeast Corner. He is in there. But be careful, everything is not what it seems...
    If you want gold, do the Unseeing Eye quest in temple district. And also working for Renal Bloodscalp (He is in an orange building in the docks district) is profitable

7. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Oh oh. You didnt take Nalia along did you. That is a bug which seems to have cropped up lately on XP comps. If you dont take Nalia along, she gives you only a pathetic amount as reward. The real reward amount, which you get if she is in your party when you exit from the keep after killing Torgal, is nearer to 10,000GP. Generally finishing the keep and selling unwanted items would net you enough to start chapter 3.

Firekaag ... :evil: So how was it? Did you go Fcuk! when you met him :lol:

8. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

Firkragg in in Dungeon and if you meet him I'm sure that you will be shocked.
    P.S:are you evil?

9. Sticker Gems: 9/31

@ Chickavalier
    Probably not, since he's a cavalier. :p

10. Marcus_Giden Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Don't give away anything now guys. :)

11. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31

Oh, well I drop a lot of tasks for later so I dropped the "Firkraag" quest for later. Now, I'm in the Unseeing Eye quest. I killed a Shade Lich, a green beholder and now I'm getting my ass kicked by the Empath Manifestation. Not much happenin'.

12. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

No, you should NEVER drop Firkragg quest because you are PALADIN! and if you do it you will know why I'm saying that.go Back IMMIDIATELY! or else you will regret and die due to massive damage in both your puny body and soul

13. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You can't kill Empathic Manifestation with regular ways.Search the altar.You will find some clues.

14. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

Who's Empath Manifestation?

15. Marcus_Giden Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@Chickavalier

The Empathic Manifestation is the guardian in the temple where you retrieve a piece of a certain artifact involved in the Unseeing Eye-quest.

16. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

@Dark Slayer
    you are misunderstanding things. paladins are not disguised, but transformed. paladins don't/can't go around turning to ogre,wyvern, etc and pillige places.
    and have you paid him?(the guy who wants 20000 gold)
    and do Firkragg quest first. it is one of best quest ever(for paladins) and profitable. it'll make life much easier.
    @Marcus_Giden
    What temple? do you mean temple of Helm? I've never met him/her when I was doing unseeing eye

17. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31

Okay, I finished the Unseeing Eye quest, got 6000 gp and a mace as a reward. I met Gaelan Bayle and he dropped th price to 15,000 instead. So, I paid the man and got a key from him. Now, I'm in the Firkragg quest. I got attacked by a Ruhk Transmuter and a few Kamikaze Kobolds. I escaped the transmuter and killed myself some orc archers.

I was amazed at how quickly Anomen killed 2 stone golems with nothing more than casting Spiritual Hammer, Draw Upon Holy Might and Magic Resistance. I'm now having troubles with the few Vampires just ahead.

18. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Vampires? ... Anomen to the rescue again ... Negative Plane Protection.
    Although, maybe you should have gone a bit further in trying to get to Imoen.

19. Sticker Gems: 9/31

@ Chickavalier
    The Empathic Manifestation is the 'demon' you kill by healing, where you get part of the rod.
    @ DS
    The cleric spell Sunray works wonders with undead, also try the cleric ability 'turn undead'.

20. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

the Heal-to-Kill demon? you don't get rod from him/her. Avatar gives it to you. I saw someone killing unseeing eye with rod THEN killing demon...... and also, he's just beginner and unless he has daystar, Anomen wouldn't be high enough level to cast 7th level spells.
    Who's Ruhk Transmuter and Kamikaze Kobolds? I've never met any transmuter and kobolds in Windspear Hills

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.