1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Back of the SP Milk Carton

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Death Rabbit, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Him and a few other people that used to hang around...

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

How can people play it so much that they can't even stop by once in a while? :(

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I was sure that Splunge had been jailed for embezzlement.

Has Sorvo been a victim of the financial crisis?

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's probably not the case... He probably found a new community full of WoW geeks....

@HB - Sorvo has been off the boards for some time, but he still shows up in the chatroom from time to time.

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    You know I was just looking through the top posters on SP and it took me back a few years...

When was the last time anyone saw DarkStrider or Wordplay? I miss the old dragon lich now that I think about it.

EDIT:
    Upon reflection this should have probable gone in the Milk Carton, but oh well.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  6. Saber

They probably got lives, unlike the rest of us who have over two thousand posts.

Think about how much stuff you have to write to fill up two thousand posts (not to mention Tal's 17k, or HB's... however-many-thousand)...

I'll bet if collectively, we had spent all of the time doing something constructive instead of posting, we'd have done something quite spectacular, like invent a better lightbulb or man a mission to mars.

Or knowing some of the people on here, just drunk a lot of beer.

7. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I vote for liver failure or a perpetual motion machine!

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, I figure I could have written a novel ... but then I have written about half a novel here [/shameless plug].

9. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Well, we can drink beer while posting, so why not post *and* have liver failure? It would fill up my afternoon... :p

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I had a two year semi-hiatus from here due to WoW. I was still around but not nearly as active as before or now. WoW is the time killer, you do not want any other kind of entertainment and media while you have WoW.

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Depressingly true :(

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, Seayer hasn't been around much in quite some time, but I got a nice PM from him telling me he's doing well and to pass on his regards to anyone who still remembers him, so here you go. :)

13. Saber

Has anybody heard from Felinoid? He hasn't posted in well over a year, and he didn't even say goodbye!

14. Taluntain

Media:
    He's in the chatroom pretty much every day, just doesn't come here any more.

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Every day? You mean practically 24/7 :)

16. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Has anyone heard from Takara lately? I was gonna ring him but I lost his number. I hope his MS isn't getting bad

17. Taluntain

Media:
    No word from him in months... a few people tried contacting him but without any luck.

18. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I've detected a general lack of Rallymama lately. Wherever did she go?

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Indded, WoW consumed him. He's still on Facebook...I see some activity every few days from him. So he's not dead physically - just socially. :p

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any of this FB activity lately either... :bad:

I haven't seen her in many months.... Maybe she and Sorvo hooked up and ran off together. :eek:

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Rallymama used to come onto SP from work and she got into a lot of trouble for it, as I understand home life was well but very time consuming with two young children that had a lot of activities :)

Takara hasn't been on Facebook or SP for a long time, I've tried phoning him, as did KiltedCrusader at one point but no response to phone calls or text - potentially he has a new phone which is fair enough. I know his MS was bad enough that he had to move back in with family, so I'm guessing it's related. :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.