1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Goodbye Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Off for a week or so again, due to Targówek not being in Śródmieście. :D

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This is a little odd, I know - but hey. I'm awesome, and I do odd things.

I'm making my first ever* lenten sacrifice. My greatest vice is, arguably, surfing/posting online. So I'm giving it all up for lent. That means no Facebook, Twitter, Google Chat (this excludes work, of course) or, sadly, SP.

See you in a month, suckaz. :wave:

* No, I'm not catholic, but I like the idea.

3. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Enjoy doing it old-skewl for a month, yo.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Death Rabbit, you caveman. You'll grow a beard next.

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

It's not like DR is gonna give up anything REALLY tough, like sex!

Me, I'm gonna follow DRs lead and not bad mouth my ex for Lent. THAT'LL be a real difficult sacrifice! I may not survive it.

Fly2tHeSkY likes this.
  6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Who do you think you are -- Charlie Sheen?

7. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

You should visit the Philippines during the Lent... some people go as far as carrying a huge cross on their back, whipping their own backs 'til they bleed and nailing themselves on the cross as an affirmation of the their faith.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That sounds like exactly what the Dunphys did on last night's episode of 'Modern Family".

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    See you all for a while - not permanently or anything. I'm taking little man to Disney World next week (the wife's coming too, but the vacation is obviously Jack directed), and the only time I'll be at a computer is to check my work e-mail, and probably won't do that all that often either. Peace out!

10. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Have a pleasant vacation from work and SP, Aldeth! :)

11. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Have a good time, Aldeth. :)

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

One day I would love to go and do the Disney Wotld marathon..

14. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Jack had a blast.

HB - how old are your kids? Coming from the distance you are, you'd probably want to wait at least long enough that both of them could remember it, and obviously big enough to ride most of the rides. (The magic number seems to be 40 inches... which I guess is about exactly one meter. Once you're that tall you can get on all but the most intense rides.) Jack is just a hair over 40 inches, and the only ride in the entire Magic Kingdon he wasn't tall enough to get on was Space Mountain - not that I think that ride is appropriate for a 3-year old anyway.

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Going to Yosemite on Sunday and coming back the following Saturday. I'll have a laptop but probably won't use it much. Later haters.

16. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nice. I've always wanted to go to Yosemite.

17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Have a nice trip! I'm (almost) not envious. :D

18. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Love, love, love Yosemite.

19. Taluntain

Media:
    Cool... bring back some pics!

20. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Have fun, DMC. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.