1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Impressive/Cool/Funny/Weird Videos Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Haha! That second one looks like something I might do when I'm bored. :lol:

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    this video has made me speechless, it's simply amazing.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@Ofelix - interesting, but I wonder on the performance when a) I never saw how long his system required to 'start up' into this mode, and b) what kind of hardware he's using for the demo for this sort of speed and performance.

Besides the resolution is dependent upon your actual monitor in this case, not the software, or the graphics card, so until everyone plunks down major money for really high-res displays, we'd have to sit around waiting for it anyways. (since the human hand can only operate zoom controls at a given rate)

Furthermore, remember that this technology is a "MICRO$OFT ACQUISITION" so they'll need some development time to figure out a way to cripple it. :lol:

But what really got me is a YouTube comment:
    (gawd I needed a laugh today :D )

ANWYAYS, enough commentary, and a submission of mine:

An old Xbox 360 ad that aired around 'Spaced' before it got yanked by Legal...

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    @Ofelix, we played with that tool at work two weeks ago, although I've only seen the spatial arrangement of images feature at Venice and the Vatican. I don't think we ran it at a strong system (read able to support Vista), but the images were already presorted, which would be the most resource-requiring job.

My video is from the G8, and just shows that our world leaders have a lot of fun :D

[ June 11, 2007, 22:52: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

8. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

9. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
  11. Taluntain

Media:
    The same kind of thing happens in computer repair shops often. I've brought in my PC a few years back because the hard drive failed. Since the drive was barely a few weeks old, I asked them to replace it, which they told me they did. Then I bring it back home, reinstall everything, and what'd you know, the drive fails in identical ways again 2 days later. I've later found out that they apparently only took the drive out, formatted it and put it back in. Oh, and charged me for data recovery too.

So the only way to be sure that parts are really being replaced is to mark them and check after the repairs whether the marks are still there. Scammers are everywhere these days.

12. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

13. Taluntain

Media:
  14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

15. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

"Impressive...most impressive, but you are not a Jedi yet," Kuemper. ;)

I'll see your Jim Henson and raise you George Lucas:

Pulp Fiction - Jedi Edition :cool:

(I find it quite amusing that in EACH trailer remake, Eric Stoltz is replaced with...Eric Stoltz. :lol: )

16. Taluntain

Media:
  17. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That was crazy... the road was still open for traffic while he did that!

18. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    @Jaded, that was the best Star Wars fan thingy I've seen in years!

They should replace the scene where "God stops the bullets" with "Han shot first" and then accidentally shoot Chewbacca in the face when Millenium Falcon hits a bump. :p

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
  20. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

This animation is kinda stupid and annoying, but rather funny if you can stand it right to the end.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.