1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The BoM item pack (It's out!)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by olimikrig, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Eh, it's alright. I wasn't too far in on my game anyways (I had to restart for certain bug reasons).

And, that sucks that oli's CD3 exploded in his drive. It's happened to me. Unfortunate thing, it is. But if he had done a full install, wouldn't it have not mattered, because you don't need to switch CDs?

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Which is why I've done a full install. But not everyone has that much HD space; my old laptop only had 5GBs, so I had to get by with the absolute minimum. Even then I couldn't have all the games (PS:T, IWD 1&2, BG 1&2) installed simultaneously. I guess oli probably hasn't done for similar reasons. Ahh, the benefits of hindsight...

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @ Saber

My CD exploded during re-install, so I was pretty much screwed no matter how you look at it :p

4. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    It seemed to work for my current game, and I didn't need to restart a new one. In my current game, I just got out of the underdark.

BTW, thanks for the updates on the mod Olimikrig ^^

5. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

what about making and ugl stick? sorta like a reversed Rod of Terror? that would make the victim uglyer!! i think that would be a cool item, and named The Ugly stick

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hmm, Oli, I've installed BGII with ToB and installed the mod, and I was playing an assassin, but couldn't use my own damn dagger (the one of The Order of The Scorpion). A bug of some kind maybe?

7. Saber

Since no one answered a question I asked a while ago: When is the final one going to be out? I don't want to get to far in my current game if I will have to restart for the mod, so I would like to know if it is going to come out in the next couple weeks (i only play on weekends, and next weekend I am doing theatre shows for the entire weekend).

8. Firag Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Hehehe not being in this forum for a while and so much new things :DD
    can you give me link for the mod please ???

9. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @ Balle

We're not taking item suggestions anymore, sorry.

@ Disciple

Please report such things via e-mail ;) (Haven't checked out the Readme? Shame on you :p )

@ Saber

The next version is the beta, and not the final, as we still have some additions to make (not item-wise, though - only corrections on items).

There'll go some time before the final, final version is out ;)

I don't really know for sure, within a week or two the beta might be ready. I've been having a few minor issues.

10. Saber

Hmm, if I want to play a new game inbetween the beta and final, will I have to restart the game when the final comes out? Or can I just update the beta?

11. olimikrig

Media:
    Couldn't rightfully say so now, sorry.

12. Saber

Alright, no problem, I'll just wait. My game is over at my dad's house anyways. Plus, I can play other games for the time being.

But when you can say, please do post it, it would be most kind of you. :)

13. olimikrig

Media:
    Of course :thumb:

14. olimikrig

Media:
    I've decided not to go for a subdivision of the store (e.g. a soa part and a tob part) as I don't think it's needed anyways... The item prices will restrict people from getting too many of the best prior to ToB or end-game anyways... Yeah, it's ****ed up having used time on sub-dividing only to dish it, but that's how it is :p

Also fixed some problems regarding auto-save upon teleporting to Tal's area...

15. olimikrig

Media:
    Good news, folks... The next version will be out as soon as I get the last German translation files. Which means that a German version will be implemented too :)

16. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

This is great news Oli, didnt think you'd get a german translator :) Wish I could do more to help but it sounds like its pretty much ready. I was starting to think I'd missed the download link somewhere :p

17. olimikrig

Media:
    Oh, this is only version 1.1, there's still a point 2 to make :p ...

Yeah, I guess people may have thought that I've digged meself down somewhere, as I haven't had that much time to write here, and even less to work on the pack. But I've tried to work as much as I could, an eventually, things turned out as initially planned :)

Actually, I had the German translater even before you joined the crew :p

18. Saber

If we DL 1.1, and you come out with 1.2 later, when we reinstall, do we need to make a whole new game?

19. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

it is discussed previous in this thread and oli couldn't righfully say

20. olimikrig

Media:
    In the 1.1 you shouldn't have to re-install, as it only adds to things already in the pack (unless you want the german version, that is - only guessing, haven't been able to test a German version yet).

The 1.2 Should be the last (only minor fixes from thereon), and I expect for it to add tons of new things, so yes, you would have to re-install and make a new game.

NOTE: PLease note that when I say you HAVE to make a new game, I'm only guessing out of what seems to be the most logical to me. As Balle say, I stated in my last post that I couldn't rightfully say, which I still can't. What we talked about last, Saber, was a final version, which the next ain't (though final version concerning the items themselves ;) ), so I can't say whether you need to, or not need to, make a new game for that to work. However, I'm guessing that you'd be (hopefully not too) long finished with your last bg2 game, for it not be of importance anymore..

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.