1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The BoM item pack (It's out!)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by olimikrig, Sep 22, 2005.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    OKay, as you may or may not know, some items were omitted when Bioware send out the game.
    Amongst others (if there's more) are these, which the UB (Unfinished Business) mod also provides:

• Boots of the West
    • Boots of Hastened Departure
    • Shazzellim, Scimitar +1
    • Bala's Axe
    • Taragarth, Bastard Sword +1
    • Wolfskin Bag
    • Websack Wand
    • Wraithform spell
    Now, what I want to ask is whether you people think that I should add these through the BoM item pack, or that it's enough that UB have already added them to the game.. Furthermore, I would like to ask if anyone out there knows more omitted items, which it may be good to add to the game.

-Regards

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

One obvious omission I just realised... The Cloak of Balduran! Obviously, it's rather powerful now that MR doesn't block healing/buffing spells anymore, but it would be nice not to have to do that "quick pause" trick whenever you import a character from BG1...

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

It may be an useful addition, two item mods in one, but I am afraid it may break the originality of that great item pack of ours?

BTW I will download the mod ASAP, when will the next and final version be ready? I can wait a little more... :)

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Need the very last german translation files... Otherwise, the English version simply just lies on my desktop, collecting dust :p

No, not two in one, but one in one... Those additional items will simply just be added to the merchant (quite easy, as they're already *in* the game). So it will just add an extra 5-xx items...

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I don't think you should put them in, because the BoM pack is for items that people on the BoM created... it loses its uniqueness if you add those in. I think you should leave it to UB to add those in.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@Saber:
    You know, someone could very well request items that look exactly like them instead. I say if it's what the members want, it's what they should get; but only by request, which is how I think olim's handling this.

I vote for Taragarth (for Holy_kensai if he wants it) and the Cloak of Balduran (fo' me :D ). Possibly Bala's Axe too, but don't do it just on my account. :cool:

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Well, perhaps olim could make it optional? I.E. when you install, there can be an option saying: Would you like to install the 6 UB items, or something like that?

8. The Magpie

Good point, Saber. That is one of the main advantages of WeiDU, after all. I reckon that the "optional component" solution looks like the best compromise, imo. Not that my opinions matter, other than that if I feel strongly enough I can pester oli by PM & e-mail 'til he cracks... :evil: ;)

9. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Yeah optional sounds great, UB is a must have mod for me, so that would mean i wouldnt want them added, but if i didnt use UB, I would like that these were added to the shop.

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Only so long as olim doesn't have to code up an entire different store for them. Having two versions of the store and a decision branch in the installation would suffice, though you'd need them to have the same filename (to avoid the requirement for separate scripts and dialogues) which necessitates folders to hold them in. Not too much trouble so long as you do it right.

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Well bear in mind that if people have UB and the same items are sold in BoM item pack, then people can end up getting two of the same item!

Two Cloak of Baldurans=Overkill IMHO!

You must find a way to prevent this, maybe BoM can check if UB is installed or not?

12. The Magpie

I don't know about going as far as barring the installation if UB is present - we could always rely on people not cheating and spoiling their game! ;)

13. olimikrig

Media:
    :shake:

An update will be added tomorrow (or today, depending on your timezone, I guess). This will hold some various improvements/corrections and a fully operating German version...

Sorry for having kept this project on hold, but as my internet connection went down just about one week ago, and I haven't been online up until today, I really haven't been able to send an update :p .

[ November 18, 2005, 05:14: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

14. olimikrig

Media:
    Again I must appologize for the pack still not being out there. I found quite some bugs that I found it of essence to correct before I would kick out the next version.
    I'm affraid it may take any time from a couple of days till the weekend before the promised new version can go out...

15. olimikrig

Media:
    Finally the new version is ready and running.

It can be found here (3.1MB).

Desciption
    The Boards O' Magick (BoM) item pack is for and by SP users (and, of course, for the entire BG2 community!). What the BoM item pack introduces are two new unique characters, the Imp Bion and the merchant Taluntain. The original idea behind this pack was not only to give the BoM regulars the honor they're due by immortalizing them in this great game (well, more or less anyways), but also to offer a selection of somewhat overlooked items the chance to truly shine; we strive towards making the items as balanced as we can, mind you. Taluntain will be reachable through the Imp, Bion, whom you can find in Waukeen's Promenade in the SoA part of the game, and Amkethran in the ToB part.

NOTE: It is imperative that you have Throne of Bhaal installed before applying this mod! Throne of Bhaal holds some animations needed for this mod to run. You should also have applied the latest official patch.

New Stuff
    - Added the store to ToB.
    - Structured my files, thus solving some in-game and translation problems.
    - Added about 30 new items.
    - Major changes to how Tal is trigered.
    - German translation made by Schaf!

Instructions
    • Download the .rar file to any destination you wish
    • Open the .rar file
    • double click on Setup-BoM.exe and follow the instructions from there on.
    Remember to have a look at the Readmebom.txt (which will be to find in the folder you have installed the mod in) if you have any questions you wish to send. Make sure you send your question/addition to the right person :Wink:

And remember that's its not about winning, but about being the most powerful... I mean it's about having fun, yes that's it...

On a side-note
    If we have forgotten to give you credit in the "credits" section, we appologize for this, and ensure you that it wasn't intentional, and bits you to contact either me, Olimikrig, or The Magpie, and we'll make sure this mistake is corrected asap!

[ December 05, 2005, 09:14: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

16. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Hmm? What's the link for download? It says "here", but it's not hyperlink.

17. olimikrig

Media:
    yeah, it's because for some reason the link still links to the old pack... So I've removed it as to avoid you people DL it only to see that it's still the same old...

P.s. It'll be updated soemtime doing the night/evening/morning (depending on your timezone :p ).

[ December 04, 2005, 19:07: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

18. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Oh, i see. ;)

19. olimikrig

Media:
  20. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Its all installed. Looks fantastic. i'll have to try the items out later :) Good news, Bion appears in my save games.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.