1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The coolest Shadows of Amn enemy

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Baronius, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

As far as individuals are concerned, Jon Irenicus, Firkraag, Tazok etc. I suppose the coolest enemies are usually unique, but if you think the Goblin is the coolest then feel free to post it.

Aspects: graphics, dialogs (style, voice etc.), maybe the behaviour in battle, and anything you liked in the creature, anything which made it cool.
    I didn't want to make a poll, because I might have left something out.

Irencius was cool, but I liked Bone Fiends too.

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Irenicus (because of the voice).

Beholders are pretty good too (visually).

3. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Aran Linvail, cool guy :)

4. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Irenicus - cool voice and some killer dialogue.

Other faves: Bodhi, Firkraag, the Twisted Rune.

5. Thor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Irenicus, same reason as David W here, while i also liked the lady that steals boo. Cant remember her name. comes with UB IIRC? Laughed all the way when i faced off with her! :lol:

6. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, of course, Irenicus. The Illithid fascinates me too, trying to take over the world by mindcontrol. Feeding of brains... devourers of the mind. :xx:

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Baalor, they just look cool! So big, so nasty, so evil... And their animation is nice too. They just look tough to me.

8. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Gibberlings!?!?!?!

9. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Basilisks of course! They look like mammal spiders wile being kind of cute - and they were really deadly in BG1...

Improved Mae'Var because of his tactics and sheer numbers (my solo r/c had a very hard time with that battle).

Irenicus because of his voice and acting.

Hostile female mages because they are just sexy... :rolleyes:

10. Magic Snack Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Beholders are awesome - there's just something creepy and scary yet fascinating about a floating mass of eyes and ill-temper. I remember being impressed the first time I saw a gauth doing the unseeing eye quest, then even more when the big orange beholder floated up behind him.

11. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Actually I would have to say that Tabitha, I believe thats the name of the leopard that is owned by the guy in the slaver area of the Copper Coronet, and I say he's awesome because I just love seeing the cat and its really long strides, just looks really sleek to me.

12. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

It just has to be Irenicus. Never in any game, have i ever loved a villain so much. Like most of you have said, his voice and dialouges are just awesome! "You are but a gnat compared to my power" Ooh yeah! I think also the way his arms and upper body sway when he is standing just looks so damn cool. It just adds to the whole majestic, graceful, imposing presence he has. And even though he's unwaveringly confident in his ability, you just cant see him as arrogant because he has every right to be confident in his ability! I mean the way he dispatches foe after foe..."You you're petrified, you, you're blown to smitherines by lightning, you,(BANG) you're just dead, and finally you, you can fall over, breakdance then sumersault up and spontaneously combust." He's just a legend :hahaerr:

13. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The drow, and that good for nothing Saemon Havarian.
    I wish killing that fag would be easier...

14. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Gah, yea... iono whether to say Saeman because he's so devoted to saving his own ass, or not... because he does anger me!!! :mad:

Besides him, I'd have to say myself... cause sometimes I make some baaaad decisions :p

15. Aces Gems: 19/31

Irenicus

No one else comes close... :shake:

16. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Bodhi has the coolest looks, but Jon has the brains and the balls to be the meanest kid of SoA block.

17. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

With a good aligned party, Jon by far. He even trumps Sarevok in my mind, because he doesn't care about becoming a god, he just wants your power to cause some massive problems.

With an Evil Party, Drizzt and company, I don't know why, but when I fought them, it was a battle of the titans. All my party was beat to hell, Edwin was dead, and my Kensai, barely killed Drizzt, before he could kill me.

18. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I hate Irenicus as an enemy. Not because he's a tough opponent. My favorite enemies are the beholders(and my favorite item: "Shield of Balduran" hehehe :D ).

19. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think the overwhelming majority would vote Jonolith. It's just the really cool dialogue and the Alan Rickman style voice.

20. david w Gems: 19/31

You know, when I first played BG2 I was sure the voice reminded me of someone but couldn't put my finger on who it was. Alan Rickman! Thanks for that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.