1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Final Battle

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Rewisuk, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Rewisuk Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've just got BG2 and I've played BG1 but myfriend has a swashbuckler in the final battle in the 9hells and we just can't do it!

I know heaps of people have finished it so could you please give me some tips!!!

Thanx...

2. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

thats poor info. what is your party like ? which items do you have ? lvl ?

3. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Try to insert traps everywhere. Hit and run a lot. I know, the swashbuckler can't backstab with a bonus, but if you hit and flee, and hide, you can't be hurt too much. If your opponent would follow you they run into traps.

Try to separate them! Hide in a shadow, have a position, where you can see only one of them, than fire an arrow. This only one will attack you others won't until you are out of their sight. I think... at other place it usualy works.

Cheese: if you can sleep there, you can set as many traps as you want...

Solo character? Do you have ToB?

4. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

If you're soloing, I'm no help. If not,

I always run my party over into the right-hand corner. The demons will follow you, but the slayer won't. Have your fighters take out one demon at a time while your casters summon and heal. All four demons should fall pretty easily unless you're of a very low level.

Then take out the slayer, he's the tough one as a fighter/mage. True sight will take care of his mislead, breach and ruby ray him, then melee downing healing potions as needed.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    If your are soloing, I'm not the one to ask. But my strategy is similar to Rastor's. I run straight down to the stairway of the trial in the center-south portion of the map. Typically, the Slayer won't follow. I use the stairwell to bottle-neck up the demons, so only two can attact me at a time. Once the demons are disposed of, I pretty much just proceed with the beat-down of the slayer, and even once he changes to Irenicus, he isn't that hard. Just have some dispel tactics ready, and he should fall easily. Actually, once he turns back into Irenicus, you should be able to take him out with just Keldorn (with his dispel magic ability) if you have him in the party.

6. kukec Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I just kill Irenicus and demons in hell.
    My way?
    Ran away all demons follow me(except Irenicus).
    Then I killed them and then come back with party and kill Irenicus too.
    THE END

7. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've just killed them...
    Try finger(s) of death on the demons.
    But always first the demons, then Irenicus.

8. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Abi Dalzims Horrid Writing kills of all 4 of them most of the time. So open up with a timestop, then cast all ADHW you got and they should be dead in a sec then just slash away on him.

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Eh, I just ganged up on the demons then I attack Irenicus...
    So what's some of the stuff you have? Party? Level?

10. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

All the demons have Magic Resistance. No real magic works here and IIRC Irenicus dispels any power-ups when you get thrown down (and slide a hundred feet for some reason. Full plate must be slippery). You've gotta get your guys spread out (two or more chars per baddie) and have your strongest guys go from demon to demon killing each one while your other guys hold off the other demons. Haste (of course), any STR spells, pro. from evil makes you invisible, in theory, to demons but i don't know if it works here.

11. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The protection from evil spell still has its advantages in Hell, but they demons will still attack you as opposed to ignoring you anywhere else in the game (as the spell is supposed to do). :mad:

What does that mean? Magic works there. It is your realm. I have only come across one spell (well, that I normally use) that doesn't work in Hell and that is Call Lightning, which makes sense since that spell has to be cast outdoors.

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

He means that the demons will not be affected by a lot of the things that you throw at them which is correct.

Mystra's Chosen
    Not entirely correct. He won't remove spell trap and some other spells. (sorry, it's late and I don't remember what other ones make you immune to that spell removal thing.)

13. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

IIRC chain lightning can be cast out doors (the wizard one) or am I mistaken????? :confused:

14. Arian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Chain lightning can be cast anywhere, he said Call Lightning. ;)

15. Robert Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Is really the final battle that hard if you have a six person party. The only bad thing that has happend to me in the final battle was when valygar got cornerd by three deamonds and died. If you're soloing on the other hand and havent installed a exp cap remover it is a hard battle and cheesy tactics (20 traps??)is unfourtunatly needed. But hey, maybe you are a lucky s.o.a.b. and make alot of criticals. Good Luck

16. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I had this party and I did it with relative ease tonight.

PC-Undead Hunter-Lvl 17 Using The Equalizer and the sword who get from the Haer Derlis(sp) mission with when you kill the Warden.

Minsc-Lvl 17-Warblade+4
    Keldorn-Lvl 17-Carsomyr
    Jaheira-lvl-Not sure-Using Scimitar +3-Waters Edge
    Aerie-Lvl-14/13-Staff of Magi
    Imoen-Lvl-15 I think-Necradens Crossbow.

Killed a pit feind with all 6 people right quick. Caste Timestop and killed one of the Balors with disintigrate, killed the next two with relative ease. Attacked the "Mislead" Slayer and killed it.

Waited while I licked wounds and used a Rod of Resurection to bring back Aerie who was killed after casting Timestop (my fault I wasn't paying attention and she got killed by the remaining Pit Fiend). After drinking Health Potions I went after Irenicus. Keldorn hit Irenicus with a Dispel Magic, Aerie Breached protective spells and Imoen Pierced Magic. He changed into Irenicus after Minsc, Keldorn and I went to town. Then we kept up a steady attack and he was destroyed. Leaving me unscathed.

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Separate and destroy. Lure the demons away one by one if possible and charge them. Or just charge them, whatever takes your fancy.

18. virtualsri Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Trap model
    Trap them before using those tears of Bhaal. Most of demons get really hurt. If you are against pre emptive trapping place traps in different locations and lure demons in to them (much more effective than first method, as you can choose to which demon to deal damage).

Conjuring style
    try summoning in your own magic creatures like skeletal warriors and magic swords, If desperate after using protection from evil on all summoned creatures try a gate or summon fiend.

Time stop model
    Cast a lot of horrid wilting after a combination of alachrity and time stop. make sure to activate auto pause on spell cast. Get your combos ready for this one like pierce magic + breach + Greater malison.
    Greater malison + doom + any instant death spells (finger of death, power word kill, disintegrate) = sure death or near death for enemies (except golems)

19. Scatman Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ctrl + Y should do the trick.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.