1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The good of NWN2

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by omnigodly, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    The good of NWN2? My sexy potagonist :love: Giggidy-giggidy!

The only bad thing (so far) is the fosterfather's voice & camera angles. When they fix those, we have the 3d version of BG in our hands! :bigeyes:

....Or something quite horrible, I don't know, I've been playing for 13 hours, straight. Need coffee...

2. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Ok -- I want Sand in my party. It's not fair he has to sit behind a desk!! SexEEEEE!!!! :D (Anyone feeling like creating a Sand Romance Mod?) :hmm:

3. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Patience... ;)
    Can this game be modded? I'm under the impression it can't be modded like the Infinity games. I'd love to be wrong on that, though.

4. edorien Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

well you can open the main campaign in the toolset, so...
    and you can place scripts conversations etc, in the override directory, so.

modify whihc ever script controls timed conversations
    Modifiy his main conversation (and associated scripts)
    export and place in override directory.

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    You can do it, but should you have to?
    DIY is fine and can be fun but the least that can be expected is that a newly released game which is advertised as the best CPRG ever should include that sort of things... There were romances in BG2 and that was ages ago.

6. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

There are technically "romances" in NWN2, but the female love interest, at least, has next to no interaction. It couldn't possibly have taken longer than 15 minutes to think of and write all the dialog associated with it.

7. Spellbound

Oooo -- good news, Bombur! That paladin's days with the party are numbered! :lol:

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh boy, oh boy. I'm 1600 XP away from being able to create an Adamantine Greatsword and enchanting it to +3 and being able to add 1d6 fire damage or 1d6 shock damage (or both if that's possible).

I could even add 1d6 acid damage if that bozo Sand could cast Melf's Acid Arrow (and I wanted to give the crafting feat to him too, which I doubt I do), or if there was a Druid spell that would work.

And if I can find a Star Sapphire, I could enchant it to +4 instead, and if I find another I could add 1d6 frost damage! Oh boy!

9. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Have you got the sorcerer chick yet? I made her my crafter and made sure to give her all the appropriate crafting spells (acid arrow, lightning bolt, ice storm, etc.).

The gems are hard to come by but you end up finding a crapload really, really late in the campaign.

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't use Qara, so I'm going to give the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat to Elanee next level-up.

I was able to buy some of the gems I need (Blue and Canary Diamonds) but I've found all the others. I haven't found or remember seeing for sale a Star Sapphire though :)

So, does Qara have the crafting feats without you giving them to her during a level-up, or would I have to choose it manually?

Another thing: I wish I had known that both Khelgar and Shandra were going to be skilled in the Craft Weapon skill and neither in the Craft Armor skill. I might have chosen to become skilled in Craft Armor instead of Craft Weapon... Do any of the NPCs have skill in Craft Armor? None of the ones I use regularly do.

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    How do you add weapon effects like fire or sonic damage? My favorite weapon is the +1 Astral sword I found early in the game. I've increased it to +3 and Elanee casts flame weapon on it, but I'd like to add some additional effects. How? How? HOW?!?!?

12. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Tee hee! Oh, you'll fnd the recipes soon enough ;)

I don't have one for sonic damage, but I have a book that tells me recipes for 1D6 for fire, cold, electricity or acid; and also 1d2 Con damage poison.

I may even experiment to see if I use more powerful essences if I get more elemental damage :)

EDIT - Oh, by the way I've been assuming that the enchantment recipes don't stack, so for example if you enchant a +1 weapon with a +1 recipe it will still be +1 and not +2. Does anyone know if that's correct?

13. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    I used the +3 enchantment recipe on a +1 sword. It became a +3 sword (actually +31, but that's because I lost the "1" behind the cursor when I renamed it... :p )

I think you're right, a +1 enchantment on a +1 sword would likely have no effect. I'll try it though and let you know.

14. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Heh. I bet if you take a +4 weapon and use the +1 enchantment it will be downgraded to +1 :lol:

Hopefully the recipe just wouldn't work in that case.

15. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Man, and to think, I went the entire campaign with an amazing craft armor skill and crafted no armors. Not only that, I didn't have anyone craft at all :p . I kinda just used what I found laying around! I guess either way works eh?

16. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Sure, either way works, but one is MUCH more fun than the other! ;)

17. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    My mithral plate looks pretty cool...It's a light silver and has what looks like wings on the left shoulder. I wish there was more customization...But hopeflly that'll be another patch...**Please, please, please.**

18. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The gnome bard has Craft Armor maxed.

19. Spellbound

BTA -- Don't call Sand a bozo!! (or I'll whack you on your head!) :smash:

20. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Sand rocks! Qara sucks!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.