1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The identity of the Nameless One

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by jesper898, Nov 21, 2001.

1. jesper898 Guest

Edit: Deleted my ignorant post where I said that PS:T sucks :p

It's the best game ever! :D

[ July 26, 2004, 03:16: Message edited by: Jesper898 ]

2. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think that he's the greater power of everything the one ruler of the multiverse.

Or something like that. :D

And you said you could'nt go on in PST?
    Weird. :rolleyes:

3. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

You (*the player*) don't find out who the nameless one is, at least not in any of the endings I've seen. Its possible for *the character* to find out his original identity, but that's about it.

I think it is best that way. A definitive answer would either be meaningless or kind of silly.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There's a cool more or less fictional story about The Nameless One in the Torment section. Look for the History of the Nameless One. It's a good read.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The point of Planescape:Torment is to have a game you can't cheat.
    Since all your posts are about cheating, I may only guess that inability to cheat in PT made you not playing it.

If that is the case, I don't think PT fans lost anything. Besides, judging a game you never finished does not mean it is bad as you say. It would mean that if noone else finished it. But pal, everyone who touched that game, finished it one way or another.

6. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

The Nameless one's identity depends on your decisions. For example you can find your original identity, but you can finish the game without that. You can kill your most dangerous enemy, but you can join with him. Etc.

7. jesper898 Guest

no no no extremist i actually dont cheat anymore(and because of that i get killed very quickly in all the games) though i suck badly
    but the game is boring compared to bg(its just my opinion)
    ok thanks guys i just remember reading somewhere he worked for vecna or something:D

BTW extremist i didnt say its a bad game, it may be a good game but i find it boring because im not very good at it

[This message has been edited by jesper898 (edited November 21, 2001).]

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Noone who finished the game haven't said it was boring. Never. So you wouldn't say it either if you just exited Mortuary.

Vecna? If you think on Robe of Vecna you're wrong. Existance of overpowered "bonus" (or as I say CHEATING) items in BG2 does not have anything to do with Nameless One's identity.
    Vecna was a powerful lich in Planescape world, eventually got destroyed by his own weapon and that's all about him.

9. jesper898 Guest

oh ok extremist:D

10. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Oh Oh Oh Extremist.

Vecna was indeed a powerful lich, but he was'nt destroyed.

He lost his hand and eye under a battle with his general Kaz. (vampire)
    He became a god after that. (the god of secrets to be exact)

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31

*sigh*
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003000.html

Is the thing I posted there moths ago enough to explain that Vecna is no god and got killed? It is not something I imagined - it is copied from description of an item called Eye of Vecna. Yes, the very item description from Planescape:Torment the game!

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited November 21, 2001).]

12. jesper898 Guest

extremist tasohan is right:)i read that in one of my AD&D books:)

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Then Black Isle lied. You want to say Black Isle is a liar? tsk, tsk....

14. jesper898 Guest

umm extremist i know its off topic, but did you use the infinity explorer to make the romancing guide?

btw i deleted all my trainers and reinstalled my games so i cant cheat anymore:D

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31

It is totally of topic.
    Yes, I used it. What did you think - that I retyped all those dialogs?

16. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

I have to admit that i'm not 100% sure, i read it in one of my 3rd edition rulebooks.

And i don't believe that lies.

17. jesper898 Guest

just wanted to know:)

[This message has been edited by jesper898 (edited November 22, 2001).]

18. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, Extremist, I'm no expert on Black Isle's flights of fancy, but I do know pnp D*D fairly well.

Vecna was originally mentioned in the first edition DMG. The two artifacts associated with him are the Hand and the Eye, plus the Sword of Kas. That was back in 1979. Something over a decade later, there were some adventure modules published dealing with him, "Vecna Returns" or something like that. This was well after Gygax was ousted, btw. I didn't really pay much attention to them, but the general idea was the Vecna was trying to become a god and rule the world. It appears that he managed one, but not the other. He is definitely listed as a god in the 3e Players Handbook.

I don't think he had any association with the Planescape setting in PnP, but I'm not positive of that. The Robe of Vecna was made up by for BG to the best of my knowledge.

Aloha
    Vormaerin

19. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Ok, I admit! You could saw it in many of my posts.
    I hate d&d and I know nothing about d&d. And I don't p'n'p.

I'll never read anything about d&d rules, includung books you mention.
    The Vecna history I posted was made by Black Isle and not me. I don't have a slightest obligation to defend Black Isle. I should spit on them for cancelling Torn.

However, I won't accept that Vecna is god just as you won't accept Vecna is dead. So, please, change the subject already. Nameless One has nothing to do with Vecna.

20. jesper898 Guest

ill make a new topic about vecna in whatnots:)

[This message has been edited by jesper898 (edited November 22, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.