1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 14

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No, this wasn't a comedy.

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ok...Bruce Willis, the 5th Element.Really thought that was his worst film, though I have watched it several times.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Your turn Blades.

5. Blades of Vanatar

"Well, you can't know. Not until you look at a dumpster. But when you climb into that thing for the first time and you pull those newspapers over you, that's when you know you've messed your life up. Somebody comes along like your son, and gives me a leg up, I'll take it. Even from a kid, I'll take it."

---------- Added 19 hours, 44 minutes and 29 seconds later... ----------

No?? another hint...

Char 1:Are you saying you'll flunk us if we don't change the world?
    Char 2: Well, no. But you might just scrape by with a C.

6. Blades of Vanatar

One more hint, then I'll give it away...

Char1: Jesus, you are really somethin'.
    Char2: Thanks. I appreciate the euphemism. I always wanted to be somethin'.

7. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Uh... I don't know the title of the movie, but the "C for not saving the world" bit reminds me of a film with Kevin Spacey - there is a boy in Las Vegas, iirc, who starts a chain of "do three good deeds" for his school project.

Assuming that's the movie, maybe someone can guess the title from this.

8. Blades of Vanatar

Yep, that's right Lore, "Pay it Forward". Kevin Spacey, Helen Hunt, the kid from the "I see dead people" movie.... take it.

9. Loreseeker

Media:
    Char 1: I once talked a guy out of blowing up the Sears Tower but I can't talk my wife out of the bedroom or my kid off the phone.
    Char 2: That's because no one's standing behind you with a big gun.
    Char 1: Yeah, well, that's debatable.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  10. Blades of Vanatar

Ha! Keeping it with Spacey, are we?:)

"The Negotiator"

11. Loreseeker

Media:
    Yup. :p

All yours. :)

12. Blades of Vanatar

""The Statue of Liberty is kaput" - that's disconcerting".

13. T2Bruno

Media:
    Saving Private Ryan

14. Blades of Vanatar

Yep, my favorite line from that one... your turn.

15. T2Bruno

Media:
    Player: Coach, that ... was my team. They left it in my hands.
    Coach: No ... no, they did not. They just left.

Another quote:

For those of you who may not know, this is the final resting place for six members of the 1970 Thundering Herd. The plane crash that took their lives was so severe, so absolute, that their bodies were unable to be identified. So they were buried here. Together. Six players. Six teammates.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think it was a movie with Matthew McConahy (sp?) and that guy from Lost (another Matthew, I believe), but I don't recall the title.

17. T2Bruno

Media:
    Yes, Matthew McHoweverhisnameisspelled was the coach and did the second quote as well.

18. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    We Are Marshall.

19. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn DR.

20. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Do you make sweaters, or do you kill people?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.