1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 14

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Super Troopers?

Humm, although I don't recall that line ever being said there...

2. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Nope, not Super trooper. The movie was made a few years before ST.

3. Triactus

Media:
    Hint : The quote is from the main character, who is played by a very known actor. The trooper in question is played as a cameo by Gary Busey.

If it helps, the full quote is :

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker signal that says you are about to turn right. This is to let him know you're pulling off for a proper place to talk. It will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180 degree turn at speed, but you will be ready for it. Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work.

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Point Break?

5. Triactus

Media:
    Nope. Another hint : The main character is played by Johnny Depp, with a supporting character played by Benicio Del Toro... :)

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, from the hints, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

7. Triactus

Media:
    Well, after two guesses in four days, I felt I had to give out give away clues..

But Fear and loathing it is! What an excellent film! The hard part was to find only one quote to use.. :)

dmc, you're up!

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Char 1: Mmm-hmm. They'll pay you 75 dollars a week.
    Char 2: We only make 30 at the dairy.
    Char 1: Well then, this would be more, wouldn't it?

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A League of Their Own.

10. dmc

Media:
    Yup - some great quotes out of that movie. I almost went with the one where the train moves, not the station, also from John Lovitz.

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The one about feeding the chocolate to the cow when they're constipated isn't bad either....

Please don't let them kill me. I... I promise I won't be Tutsi anymore.

12. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hotel Rwanda

13. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn Blades.

14. Triactus

Media:
    Damn, I knew it and was going to post it as I came home from work... You beat me to it Blades... :)

15. Blades of Vanatar

"Vincent, get in the car, this is embarrassing. You're acting like some girl who got felt up at the drive-in."

16. T2Bruno

Media:
    The Color of Money.

17. Blades of Vanatar

That quick T2? You suck man, go ahead, all yours.:D Tom Cruise's best work in my opinion.

18. T2Bruno

Media:
    Tom Cruise couldn't hold a candle to Paul ... in any movie.

How should I play that one, Bert? Play it safe? That's the way you always told me to play it: safe... play the percentage. Well, here we go: fast and loose. One ball, corner pocket. Yeah, percentage players die broke, too, don't they, Bert?

19. dmc

Media:
    The Hustler

And I agree completely.

20. Blades of Vanatar

That would be "the Hustler", Pauls' best work! I know, I hear the boo's, but I am a pool player, so shoot me.:D Your right, Tom is nothing compared to Paul. Great actor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.