1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The SP IWD2 Adventure

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Harbourboy, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Day 68:

“Grrrr!” roared Disciple of the Watch comically.

”What’s up with that fool now?” asked Rallymama.

“Well, I’ve been trying to work that out myself”, answered Nakia.

“Hmm, here’s what I think has happened,” started Chevalier “you know how he is always losing his temper at everything and everyone? Well, I think he has somehow managed to take being angry and turned it into an art form. Look at him waving that mace around. He looks twice as strong and durable as he did before. The Raging Disciple of the Watch, hehehe. Combine that with that angry song of his and he might actually become some sort of combat dynamo . . . so long as everyone else stays out of his way……”

There certainly is a truckload of XP handed out when you finish that Ice Temple. Thousands of points just for reporting back to Xhaan, Nathaniel, and Zack. Level ups all over the place. It won’t be long before everyone is just about on the same level.

Well, that’s it for Chapter Two. Time to see how this motley bunch handles Chapter Three. Really looking forward to Rallymama learning that Heal spell.

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 11 (Ice Lance +4)
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 8 / Fighter 3 (Brilliant Short Sword / Left Hand of Darkness Sling)
    Rallymama - Moon Elf - NG - Silverstar of Selune 10 (Mountains of Selune Mace / Longbow +1)
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 6 / Wizard 4 (Sophia's Flight Short Bow / Winged Blight Greatsword)
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 7 / Bard 1 / Barbarian 1 (Throwing Axe of Shocking Burst)

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Barbarian? This is getting more and more interesting...

Berzerker DotW. You actually never stop surprising me, Harby.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This is really good, Harbourboy and yes, DotW, the Raven is full of surprises. After RPing with him for a year and half and following his posts for 3 years I can attest to that. Never underestimate our feathered friends. :D

4. Disciple of The Watch

I wouldn't call Harby a friend since we spend all our time mocking each other, but it's good to see the guy's a bag of surprises.

BTW, Harby...

From the game description...

Silverstars are known for their open-minded tolerance and hatred of bigotry.

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rally is no bigot but she is a one-of-a-kind cleric and quite opinionated. :lol:

6. Disciple of The Watch

...which also seems to perticularely dislike, nah, make it, hate me. Meh, I suppose it would happen sooner or later (maybe sooner) considering everyone except me is do-gooder.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's a very good point about Silverstars of Selune. You HAVE been doing your research. My original idea for the Rallymama character was actually that she would almost be a bit too open-minded and tolerant (like a hippy). But I guess Disciple of the Watch managed to even push a Silverstar to the limit eventually.

And Silverstars of Selune have moods that wax and wane with the phases of the moon, so I guess anything can happen with one around.

[ August 14, 2006, 08:41: Message edited by: Harbourboy ]

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Hehe! Indeed, Nakia, indeed. :D

I think you may just be confusing them with the unpredictable being known as "woman", HB. :shake:

Really enjoying the tale, HB. Particularly Disciple's magic item overload. :lol:

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Selune is CG and I'm telling you there's no true freedom without law. :D Chaotics have certain err... sensitive spots. :evil:

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    :lol: You're spot-on there, Harbs. The only things I/Rally truly can't tolerate are stupidity and lack of courtesy. We do not suffer fools gladly.

:thumb:

11. Disciple of The Watch

That explains much.

Y'know, Harby, DotW is seemingly growing into a Stormlord (seeing as I ahve turned being angry in an art form)... for a next game, maybe?

Besides, it would make some... very interesting banters with our resident Silverstar. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Interesting stuff! :thumb:

This and DR's idea for a total cleric party has made me start the "Complete Divine SP Adventuring Squad". Only characters with at least a level in cleric, paladin or druid are allowed. [edit] Mmh, seems Nakia is the only character in HB's party that does not pray to any god, or at least doens't have any levels in anything divine.[/edit]

But since I don't speak my english as good as HB, I won't post my adventures. (Probably) And I don't want it to be a rip-off thread either.

In the mean time, I keep reading how this party is doing. Very interesting.

13. Nakia

Media:
    Nakia 'worships' the Hin (halfling) gods in the way of her people which means she treats them as family, highly honored family but family rather than in what she considers the silly human fashion of kowtowing and groveling and no, Nakia is not even a level 1 cleric and would give you one of her big eyed 'don't be a fool' looks if you were to suggest it. :eek:

Sorry MoNuhn, Nakia wouldn't fit in your party but is flattered if you were thinking of it. :)

HB's idea is catching isn't it?

14. Harbourboy

Day 70:

Well, Chapter Three is already proving to be a lot more challenging than Chapter Two as the party struggled to get past the first band of barbarians. Main issue is still the lack of a good AC, high hitpoint character who can survive a bit of a beating. Harbourboy still has the most hitpoints but he is now a Scion of Storms so should really be spending his time casting Call Lightning, Static Charge, and Chain Lightning rather than engaging in melee up-front. Other problems are that Nakia doesn’t do enough damage outside of Sneak Attacks and Chevalier, with only 10 constitution, doesn’t have enough hit points to survive long after his Stoneskin and Mirror Image run out. As before, this means falling back on good old Animate Dead.

“Rallymama?” asked Disciple of the Watch, “If you’re so goody-good, how come you are allowed, and even seem to like, to Animate Dead all the time? Isn’t it a bit necromantic to be dealing with the Undead all the time?”

“Ah dear Disciple,” answered Rallymama, in a much better mood than a few days ago, “For starters, they don’t like being called Undead. They prefer to be called The Living Impaired. And secondly, they’re not all necessarily evil. It is a blessing to be summoned above ground to do Selune’s work. Anywhere the moon shines is a temple to our Lady.”

“Bah” snorted Disciple, “You’ve just managed to take all the fun out of messing about with zombies and skeletons! Thanks a lot!”

“Hee hee, nice one, Rallymama” winked Nakia.

“Nice one, what? Did I say something funny? What?!”

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 12 (Ice Lance +4)
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 8 / Fighter 3 (Brilliant Short Sword / Left Hand of Darkness Sling)
    Rallymama - Moon Elf - NG - Silverstar of Selune 10 (Mountains of Selune Mace / Longbow +1)
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 6 / Wizard 4 (Sophia's Flight Short Bow / Winged Blight Greatsword)
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 7 / Bard 1 / Barbarian 1 (Throwing Axe of Shocking Burst)

15. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :D Fun read, this one.

Definitely! And the people in this story won't get a role in the "Complete Divine SP Adventure Squad". They are already occupied.

But go ahead! I won't interupt you again with my own Quest for Glory.

16. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Just curious as to how this works. I don't remember being able to cheat to get all of the items from the battle squares, and I checked a couple of walkthroughs, but they didnt cover it.

17. Harbourboy

It's in the Ease of Use mod. It's kind of a "Battlesquares-be-gone" option.

18. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

That is extremely cheap, but I like it :D

19. Harbourboy

Day 82:

Zoom.

"What the **** was that?" said Disciple of the Watch.

Zoom.

"Hey! It's Chevalier!" said Nakia excitedly.

"Heheheh, it's my new trick," explained Chevalier, talking so fast he could barely be understood, "I've managed to distill the effects of a quadruple shot espresso coffee into a spell! It makes me twice as fast and harder to hit."

"Ah, very useful" nodded Rallymama.

"Bah! That's not so flash" interjected Disciple, "You can get Boots of Speed that do virtually the same thing."

"Shut up" said Nakia. "Do you have any of these wonderful boots? No? So your comment was pointless."

The party is now deep into Chapter Three having survived an encounter with Isair and Madae at the Wandering Village, narrowly avoided getting zapped to a crisp by ghost lights in the Fell Wood, and coming close to oblivion at the hands of White Dragons.

Biggest problem is still the lack of a high hit point meatshield. Every character in this party is at the mercy of just one devastating critical hit. At this point in the game, a Barbarian Dwarf with 20 constitution would have over 200 hit points but our characters barely make it to 100.

Biggest new developments to assist with this have been Rallymama learning the very precious "Heal" spell and Chevalier now being able to caste "Haste" twice a day.

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 12 (108 hit points)
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 8 / Fighter 4 (112 hit points)
    Rallymama - Moon Elf - NG - Silverstar of Selune 11 (88 hit points)
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 6 / Wizard 5 (90 hit points)
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 8 / Bard 1 / Barbarian 1 (92 hit points)

20. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

:lol: Luvin' it HB

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.