1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The SP IWD2 Adventure

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Harbourboy, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Bion can't predict the future? You mean the time I've spent analysing his posts for some glimpse of what is to come has been wasted?
    :p

Still looking good Harbourboy.

2. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I have seen the future and it is pink

3. Bronze Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Cool, if it's not pink it's not worth it.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm curious as to how you handle the snake temple. I primarily used Nakia. The rest of the party stayed near the entrance until near the end. Nakia went around de-trapping everything and iirc her charisma was 15 or 16 so she could talk to people.

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Ah, it is all beginning to slide into place now.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Day 119:

”What are we going to do with this crusty old book we got from the Monks?” said Disciple, holding up an old fashioned looking tome, with the words ‘How to be an Adventurer’ stencilled on the front..

“Why don’t you want to read it, Disciple?” asked Nakia “You usually like learning stuff.”

“Bah! I like learning NEW things. This book is full of old stuff! It’s got crap like how to use a ten-foot pole, never leaving home without a lantern, and alternative uses for a tinderbox. Get with the times, already. Plus it looks like it is about to fall apart anyway. I don’t want it.”

“Hmmm, let me see that,” pondered Chevalier “there is always something to be learnt from the past. You can’t know where you going unless you know where you have been.”

“Blah, blah, blah” mocked Disciple of the Watch.

Chevalier sat down and carefully opened the book, whilst the others sat down for some quiet time and thought about the recent death of a foreign druid they had heard about. When he was finished, the old book literally fell apart in his hands.

“That was good stuff” breathed Chevalier “I feel ready to take on an army of Yuan Ti!”

Indeed, in learning the lessons of the past, Chevalier gained the experience of many long lost adventurers (which translated into an extra 10,000 xp!).

The party then ventured into the Yuan Ti temple. Nakia attempted to sneak around and explore but got caught looting a chest and was ambushed by a horde of angry serpent men. So the party did not ever get a chance to find out any of the secrets of the Yuan Ti plans. They did however, get squashed and stabbed by many of the traps in the temple as Nakia’s search skill of 10 did not seem to be enough to detect any of them. Eventually, the Yuan Ti were all dead, the Heartless Tin Men found their hearts, and Disciple of the Watch had a horde of new magic items to examine. All that is left to do now is to complete Iselore’s mission by summoning and defeating the fearsome Guardian of the Crossroads…

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 14 (Charisma 10)
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 10 / Fighter 4 (Charisma 10)
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 7 / Wizard 7 (Charisma 14)
    Rallymama - Moon Elf - NG - Silverstar of Selune 13 (Charisma 12)
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 11 / Bard 1 / Barbarian 1 (Charisma 14)

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Harby, you're picturing me so well it's almost scary. :mommy: :mommy: :mommy: :mommy: :mommy:

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Day 121:

”Hang in there, Chevalier! You're doing great!" shouted Disciple of the Watch.

"What are you talking about?" yelled Nakia "He's getting pummelled by that dragon. Do something!"

"OK then" sighed Disciple casting a spell "Here, have another Zombie Lord.....ooh, ouch...that one only lasted for one hit.... nasty. Um, Rallymama, you'd better Heal our paladin friend again."

Rallymama braved the flailing tail of the colossal Guardian dragon to administer the ultimate healing spell to Chevalier (again). Chevalier had volunteered to take on the Guardian singlehandedly so that everyone else could lend support from a safe distance. Things were not going well.

"We've got to do more" called Rallymama "What else have we got?"

"I'll summon more help" said Harbourboy casting yet another spell. But unlike the polar bears and elementals that he had previously summoned, this spell was not quite as impressive.

"A Boring Beetle!?" sneered Disciple "What the hell use is that? Look, it's already running away in panic."

The unfortunate Boring Beetle did not get very far in its quest for freedom before it was crushed into oblivion by a massive dragon's claw. But that split-second did allow Chevalier the chance to get one more desperate lunge with his greatsword. The dragon staggered slightly and turned again to the wounded paladin.

"He's all out of mirror images!" shouted Harbourboy. "It's all or nothing now."

The others knew that this was the last roll of the dice (no pun intended) and charged. All they could do now was to hope that one of them could get a lucky stroke into some vulnerable part of the massive reptile.

The last charge worked. Nakia's Brilliant Short Sword found a soft spot near the top of the dragon's tail and the colossal beast collapsed to the ground with a crash.

"Come on" called Harbourboy "Let's get out of here, before that portal collapses."

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 15
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 10 / Fighter 4
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 7 / Wizard 7
    Rallymama - Moon Elf - NG - Silverstar of Selune 14
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 11 / Bard 1 / Barbarian 1

9. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

WoW! Chevalier pretty much took out the Guardian on his own huh :D

10. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Breathtaking!!!

11. Harbourboy

Well, except for the million buffs and heals that the others put on him, and all the summons they called up to distract the Guardian.

12. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

what an embarassing way for a dragon to die: stabbed in the butt by a hobbit...

13. Harbourboy

Day 130:

“I’m confused” moaned Nakia.

“It’s simple” explained Chevalier “I took the mandrake root and replaced it with the modified mandrake root. I then used my, ahem, advanced alchemical skills to use the laboratory to create a sabotaged Histachii potion instead of a normal Histachii potion. This allowed Nheero to become a fake Histachii instead of a real Histachii. Now we need to take the extra modified Histachii potion and one of us has to drink it to become a fake Histachii in order to enter the Temple of Sseth and open the drawbridge. What’s confusing about that?”

“Don’t look at me” said Disciple of the Watch “I’m not drinking any of your dodgy homebrew, thank you very much.”

“I’ll do it” volunteered Rallymama “I’ve always said that one should walk a mile in another person’s (or race’s) shoes before criticising them. To become a Histachii for a brief time will give me a great insight into the issues that face these people.”

“Spare me.” Whispered Disciple of the Watch, rolling his eyes.

The party is now deep in the Dragon’s Eye caves, still trying to find an actual way out. They have battled endless Yuan Ti and completed a range of convoluted missions for the potentially insane Yuan Ti investigator, Nheero. The main comment about the party’s power levels now is that there is no longer any really fragile characters that need to be shielded in battle. Everyone now has more than 100 hit points (the extra 12 that came from defeating the Guardian helped) so are less vulnerable to that one critical hit. This means that Harbourboy does not need to charge into melee as much as he used and can actually spend time casting some of the higher level spells he now has access to (like Fire Storm – although Static Charge is still a staple).

Current status:
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 10 / Fighter 5
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 11 / Bard 1 / Barbarian 1

14. Fly2tHeSkY

:lol: Harbour you never cease to amaze me with your writing skills :D

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

:D :D :D

Haha, my type of response exactly!

16. Fly2tHeSkY

I was just wondering HB, have you got some screenshots for this adventure?

17. Harbourboy

Only the ones that have already been referenced in this thread.

Day 134:

"No wonder those Histachii always look so frustrated and angry. They move so slowly that it takes them forever to get to the bathroom." explained Rallymama after returning to elf form again.

"Never mind that bollocks" interrupted Disciple of the Watch, holding up a small item of treasure, "have a look at this! Unbelievable! We've hit the jackpot this time."

"Wow!" exclaimed Nakia. "A medallion!"

"Hmm" pondered Disciple, not certain whether Nakia's enthusiasm was genuine or sarcastic. "This is a very special medallion. If we can find the old duke's grave back in Kuldahar, then this medallion will lead us to the most awesome magic item ever - the Cera Sumat sword! It would almost be worth taking up goody good Paladindry just to be able to have a go with tha beauty."

"There's no such thing as a free lunch" warned Harbourboy. "If this thing is as fancy as you make out, I bet it's not unguarded....."

Current status:

18. Harbourboy

Day 141:

"Man, I feel like I've just smoked some really bad moojah-loojah... what the $#!*!% is going on!?" cried Disciple of the Watch.

"I'm not sure" answered Chevalier "Which therefore means it must be some sort of phenomenon that is beyond mortal comprehension."

"Oh" added Nakia "I thought it was a temporal stasis that had been cast over the magma chamber in order to prevent an eruption. It seemed to me that we have been travelling back in time over the last five days to when the temporal stasis was first cast. I thought we had to ensure that the stasis was not cast, thus preventing us from being forever trapped in this particular warping of the space-time continuum. But I guess I must have been mistaken."

The party is about to complete their journey through Dragon Eye, after taking a detour (as insisted by Disciple) to use the Medallion of the Lost Followers to find the legendary Cera Sumat sword. As predicted, the sword was not unguarded, and the party faced their toughest ever battle against the six Lost Followers. Luckily, once Chevalier lifted the mighty sword, the tables turned and they were able to return victorious.

Still, the party still relies very heavily on Rallymama's and Disciple's abilities to Animate the Living Impaired.

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 16
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 7 / Wizard 8
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 12 / Bard 1 / Barbarian 1

19. khaavern Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

whoa, you went back all the way to get the medallion? I understood that you can get it after you go through the Fields of Slaughter, too.

20. Fly2tHeSkY

Wtf I ALWAYS go back to get it as soon as I get the medallion! How is that possible khaavern?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.