1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Things I Never Knew ...

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

As I said, some versions of EasyTutu. Check the change log on their site and you'll see what I mean.

2. Kip Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

About killing Tazok, ARROWS OF FLAMING DEATH!! If using Tutu, kill sword. Oh and how do you get up to Ulcaster(That's how it's spelled right?)?

3. w.d. Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

umm, I assume you cant find the ramp.. it's on the north (ooo Im an idiot... oh so stupid, yes south side is what that should say, thnx fel.. again..) side of the hill, just watch closely u'll see.

[ July 20, 2006, 01:46: Message edited by: w.d. ]

4. Felinoid

The south side of the northeast hill, actually.

5. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I see said the stupid man in the corner! :o

6. Naghite Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Two rings of Wizardry stack, meaning a mage could have (if edwin for example) 24 first level spells. Although not all are visible in your book, the game registers more spells than shown, and for me, all were available. Also, since they stack, in essence, it is a waste not to stack them (but even typing this I put one on each mage, but laughed that I could put two on one mage and get over 20 magic missles with one mage).

7. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I don't think you can get the one at the Friendly Arm Inn with the patch anymore, only the one from the crazy ass guy in BG.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yes you can.

9. Felinoid

The Ring of Wizardry is eliminated in the plain BG patch, but was restored with TotSC due to fan demand.

10. Robin Lou Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Another easy way to kill him and any other NPC is to summon a few skeletons and let them kill them off screen.

11. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I don't think you can kill Shandalar. One of the walkthroughs even mentions he's got a Robe of the Neutral Magi, but I don't think you can pickpocket it so they only way to get it would be to kill him...

12. Fly2tHeSkY

Something else I never knew ...

You know when you enter Naskel, chapter two I think, there's that little cut scene of the small family. The little girl runs off to play and the man goes off to work on his farm or whatever and THEN there's two creatures that go towards the house where the wife is left at home alone ...

What is this supposed to represent and are those creatures supposed to be kobolds or what? They look a little big for them huh ...

13. Felinoid

Yes, you can kill Shandalar. It's a bit hard since he'll try to Dimesion Door away when he's taken a certain amount of damage, but if you pour it on, you can do it.

Yes, that's what kobolds look like. And the reason they're so big is perspective. They're close, while the humans are not. Though admittedly the ratio isn't quite right, they would have to be pretty far away for them to be twice as tall as the kobolds.

14. Fly2tHeSkY

WOW they looked pretty big Fel are you sure?

15. Killjoy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I assume everyone knows this, but it isn't in Simpson's FAQ:

Joia (the old woman whose flamedance ring you recover from hobgoblins at Friendly Arms) can be killed after you give her back the ring for 900 XP and no reputation loss. This works in BG1TOTSC and EasyTUTU, but you need a party to surround her or she'll run away, or just vanish into thin air.

16. Felinoid

Yes, I'm sure. You may not be able to make out much from the little avatars in play, but they fit the description and illustration in the (2e) MM perfectly. I recognized them the first time I saw that cutscene, even though the size ratio is a bit off even with distance.

RE: Joia
    In vanilla BG1, she won't go hostile after you give her the ring, so even if you manage to kill her on her way out (after a certain amount of time she does just vanish), you only get 10% of that 900 XP, a mere 90. I would also assume the absence of a rep loss is fixed in Baldurdash and similar things.

17. Fly2tHeSkY

Killjoy I didn't know that ...

Fel I swear they look nothing LIKE kobolds :D But I guess it does make sence because they're plauging that area with their presence.

18. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

They are Kobolds for sure, their bent back give them away as the avatars of kobolds on the adventure screen also have a kind of crouching walk.

It seems to be true that you can change the idoll of kozah and the armor from firewine at the ghost of ulcaster for some easter egg weapon.

19. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Actually, I thought they looked a lot like how I imagined Kobolds to be.

20. Felinoid

Indeed. As I said, it's almost a photocopy reproduction of the MM illustration. (The CBoH has a considerably different version, but I think I'd recognize either as a kobold because of it.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.