1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Things I Never Knew ...

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Fly2tHeSkY, Feb 23, 2006.

1. sarevok66 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Veteran

hey did anyone manage to kill elminster without moding?

2. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Hey ... that would be :evil:

3. Robin Lou Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

elminster is unkillable since he is immune to all damage.

I did kill Gorion in a funny way. Use the dagger of poison and hit him, then speak quickly to him before he go hostile. Tell him you are ready to go and he die before he cast cure minor wounds.

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

a) Refresh my memory: who is Shandalar?

b) I didn't know you could kill Joia

c) One big thing I never knew was that you can get two Longbows of Marksmanship in the game! LINKY

5. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Shandalar is that mage you meet in Ulgarth's Beard yeah? Meh I wouldn't know, not having installed ToSC :p

I didnt know you could kill her either ...

Hehe as for the Longbows, that's something I'll be doing on my next run through :D

6. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Yep, you got it Silvershield. Shandalar is the mage you meet in the middle of Ulgoth's Beard. He wants you to go and get a cloak for him (shame he never mentioned the remote location).

7. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Oh yeah. Thanks guys.

8. Fly2tHeSkY

How come you never get to meet Entar Silvershield in the game? He's an important figure, you meet his daughter, his wife and his killers, but never THE man!

9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    He's too busy to meet the likes of you commoner adventurers.
    :p

Seriously though, you cannot expect to meet every single person on the Sword Coast who is important for any reason. Isn't exchanging greetings with Elminster enough?

10. Fly2tHeSkY

Nah Elminster didn't really do it for me! Maybe if he had taken out the whole city of Baldur's Gate just for my amusement then MAYBE but meh.

11. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Silvershield, Entar is the who is being killed in the intro by Sarevok.

One thing I never knew, but I know now, is that Husam is going to help if you find and talk to him enough times.

12. Killjoy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Presumably, that would make him a Bhaalspawn. Proof?

13. Fly2tHeSkY

Um NO that wasn't him being killed by Sarevok because Slythe and Krystin were the ones who murdered him and that was towards the end of the game.

Obviously whoever Sarevok killed in the intro was a Bhallspawn but I think it was just some random but it WASN'T Entar that's for sure.

14. Oldwolf58 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Entar Silvershield??? Uh guys if I'm not totally off my rocker (which is possible :) ) Entar Silvershield is the head of the Flaming Fist Guards and you meet him in the Flaming Fist HQ. He gives you the book to get back to candlekeep and is the one who you take to the harbor master after saving him from the doppelganger that is acting as his doctor.

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    No, that's Duke Eltan.

16. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Note for Silvershield : in april, under that even subject, you were telling about the real role of the Healer/Surgeon character.

That sinister guy is worth of his black robes.
    And he IS Daevorn's brother, for sure ...
    He has many faces. :alien:

I remember that, fulled with unease with his presence, i put him under a charm spell (from the Christmas-like cloak you are all knowing, one day owned by the poor Algernon ...).
    In the middle of process of helping my party, he suddenly and incredingly ESCAPES the power of the charm, became red-hot hostile, and began to release hideous spells, mainly extra-strong Fireballs without care of himself, as a mad berserker kamikase ... :flaming:

I am not sure of totality of treasure, but potions of exploding or flammable oils were present. My party, which was planning for ogres, no for fire damage, was badly burned ! :cry:
    So : beware of this deceptive snake ...

17. Fly2tHeSkY

OMG serious? I didn't know that could happen? Perhaps a bug? I never tried to kill him ...

18. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

:hmm: No bug here, I'am afraid. :mommy:
    The man is the very deluding-type.

Perhaps his evilness is so perverse, in fact, that it's the reason for Daevorn is in bad terms with his brother : the guy is much more than chaotic evil or neutral evil, he is insane and "non-manageable", unusable for any aim because fully inpredictable, :angel: :evil: type.

If you meet him, pickpocket him and flee, or coldly slay him from far with arrows if you prefer knowing him dead ... :)

19. Fly2tHeSkY

Meh his healing abilities aint that great to begin with but you say he's a mage/cleric now?

20. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31

I dont know WHAT IS his true nature, if he is monoclassed, bi-, or tri- classed.
    ( Or even if he has delimited abilities, as a demon-like creature : who know ? ... I has no power to read the lines of the program, sorry).

His very presence tend to make me nervous :nolike:
    So I do not wish experiment too much !

— But, as YOU are interested by this guy, dear Silvershield, I am fully ready to listen what you shall be learning ! ... :p
    By the way you have already learned of me enough about him to raise your curiosity, isnt'it ? :spin:
    My last advices are : be cautious; dont arrow him too heavy, if you want really study his comportemental reactions ; and keep your characters FAR from each other (in a large circle for exemple).

Let Tyche help you ! :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.