1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Things that make you laugh

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by TelexStar, Oct 10, 2000.

1. Wraith Blackthorne Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Hopefully lots, for us old pen and paper freaks.

I would love to see a draconian, or what about a kender elf. I would really like to see a game based on Ravenloft.

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I never liked Dragonlance, the world of Krynn or anything related to it. I don't know why, it simply did not appeal to me once I got my feet wet in The Forgotten Realms. A lot of people praise Dragonlance so there must be something good about it.

To me, it seemed things revolved around a group of the same characters, Raistlin, that dwarf, that cleric/wizard chick, that human male ranger (cameron was it?) rather than the world and depth itself.

Mind you, there was a game called Heroes of the Lance (PC game) that I really enjoyed, otherwise that's the only taste I ever got of DL.

Plus, I don't like Raistlin anyhow :)

Syl...

3. PizzaFiend Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ok the funniest thing so far to me is how your npc's say crazy comments at random and are sometimes really hilarious.
    I have to admit the whole Saemon thing and the pirate lord was funny, im still looking for ole Saemon I gotta present for him grrrr.

Ok funniest part so far was we were in the saughin city in the gross bloody zombie pit, when Jaheira says something like "this place could be cleaned with a little help from nature." Ok, honey leave the bag of nature herb alone already! we're in the middle of a gross bloody zombie pit,for Tyr's sake!!

4. mountain-mike Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Just came across another one: The shaggy-dog story about the drow posse to steal the Sahaugin throne to surprise the Matriarch at her coronation had me giggling (as told by the drow in the tavern).

5. TelexStar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Does anyone have the habbit of making a party member strip down before you recruit their replacement?? lol ;)

6. Boon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I rather liked Cabros and skank dueling to the death in the bridge district and the three way conversation betwween Jan Jansen the Character and Viconia.

7. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Not at all TelexStar. It would seem unfair to remove equipment from an NPC when they rightfully earned that equipment risking their life for you.

Syl...

8. TelexStar Gems: 6/31

Sylvus.

But what if, for example, your dumping Yoshi for Jan? In this case yoshi has those silent boots that add 25% to walking silently and 15% to hide in shadows??

(as it turs out I went back to yoshi 5 minutes later as his scouting abilities are second to none)

P.S. I think your getting too close to this NPC thing, after all, they are only just a bunch of 1's & 0's

9. Here's what I do:
    Any really good stuff stays in the party. People who join my party sign an affidavit agreeing to this. I am not going to lose my dragonslaying equipment we parted company.

HOWEVER, you can't just strip someone down, kick them in the ass and say "you're out of here". Well, maybe YOU could but not me.

So I give them any regular armor and +1 weapons I have, make sure they have some (regular) missile weapons.

10. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

If you gave Yoshi that equipment, it's his. If you want it back, I'd say kill him for it because no NPC would simply hand over the goods they earned.

Syl...

11. Ganz Gems: 6/31

I've got one on how I entered the asylum. I had already found the wardstone but haven't found out where to use it so I decided to pay the pirate lord a visit.

In the conversation that followed, on a whim I tried to convince him that my party should to be admitted to the asylum. I said, "Look at Minsc here." Minsc of course, took out Boo to have a look at the pirate lord and the ensuing conversation was hilarious. Needless to say, the pirate lord was convinced and sent us to the asylum straight away!

The best part is, I earned above 38,000 XPs for EACH of my party members for this neat little trick. Hurrah for Minsc, for he's a jolly good fellow......

12. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

When your in control of Drizzt he says "I Will tear him a new one!" also he says when he gets hurt "Now that will hurt in the morning" (this is when hes under your control...)

13. Jsil Gems: 1/31

Wandering around in the government district, I had roughly this conversation occur (posting from memory), which I thought was hilarious. My character has been pursuing the Viconia romance option.

Jan: This all reminds me of the time that my aunt was having some terrible trouble with her turnip stew and she had to...

Viconia: Jsil Khalis'an, why do you travel with such as he?

Jsil: Well, it all started back when Jan and I were trying to build a giant turnip peeling device...

Viconia: I *refuse* to deal with this.

14. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

you can pick an option with the talking sword called converse. Anyway i was bored, and i use that option to see what he would say.

hey said "Find someone rich, kill him, find someone richer kill him, HACK and SLASH your way to fortune WOOHOO!"

15. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

1> I have just noticed an picture of Elvis in the Bards bar in Bridge district.

2> Nadia asking why we were trapsing around here instead of helping the less fortunate (we were clearing her home at the time - yeah sure lets go do something more worthwhile shall we dear)

3> Anomen and Jan and there banter...always good

16. FootSoap Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] While playing with some serious magic in the Underdark caves Edwin turned himself into an Earth Elemental. As an elemental he was too large for the cave and couldn’t move at all. When I told him to go somewhere all he did was mutter in his most indigent voice - *Leave me alone I'm busy* , while grumbling to himself - * One of these days *.

One of these days Edwin will figure it out and take over the world. For now I’m just helping him get experience.

17. Beorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

I laughed when the talking sword said "Who's your daddy!"

...at Nalia's father's funeral.

18. Sir Phapylon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yoshimo trying to pick-pocket a small cat, he failed - the cat got mad and stormed out of the building, I later met the cat down in the docks...

19. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] The guy by the bar in the Copper Coronet (Sylvanus? - no relation) has a different chat up line for every female character - including 'Edwina"; and they all have a different put down.
    The guy in the torture chamber at the Thieves' Guild (Bootsy?) who gets over excited about what he can do with whips and chains.

20. JohnnyV Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I love the snipping between Aerie, Jaheria, and Viconia like when Jaheria and Viconia are bickering and one tells the other something like, "I was talking to him, you will know when I'm addressing you because I will spit on you first" cracked me up.
    Also when Viconia threatens to bring aerie into the underdark.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.